Stuff you love about MMA

Skill level

Its great to see where our skill levels will peak as humans in combat. I also like the skill levels can come from different backgrounds of martial arts and dominant practitioners can impose there game on anyone.

I like watching effective moves come and go over the course of the sport being around, and the moves that will never change since inception.

I also love the fact that with 4oz gloves and so many techniques at your disposal, anybody can win a fight on any given night if the circumstances play in their favor. Its wild.

Yeah I'd love to trace the evolution of techniques and counters. Cracks me up watching the first few cards when a lug gets taken down and an announcer exclaims 'It's unlikely he'll recover Jim!'

elbows in the clinch
Nick+Denis+Elbows+Joseph+Sandoval+UFC+on+FX+1.gif

I most love watching the evolution of martial arts. The "art" of martial arts has really evolved with MMA becoming so popular and the world getting exposed to sport fighting looks like. Decades ago martial arts was a secretive thing, you had to learn from a guy who learned from a guy. Bullshit was able to slip past because nobody knew any better or was exposed to other concepts outside of their small circle. Now the sport is global and we can see what works and what doesn't. At the same time fighters are innovating the artform and finding new techniques and strategies.

Crazy comebacks
JBG wars
PBP threads
Imanari Rolls
Flying knees
Rare and exotic submissions
Hype train derailments
Sportsmanship
Judo throws
Spinning elbows
The moment a big fight starts
Fucking too right Imanari Rolls!!

{<redford}

Damn. Who are those guys?
That's "The Ninja of Love" Nick Denis elbowing the shot out of Joseph Sandoval, circa 2012.

https://m.sherdog.com/fighter/Nick-Denis-19128

I remember that fight mostly because Nick Denis is from my hometown and he was the first fighter from Ottawa to win in the UFC. Another guy made it the year before but went 0-2.

I don't think his heart was in it, since Denis retired a few months later when he lost. He went 1-1 in the UFC.

I also love when fighters show 0 common sense and don't when the f*k to get out, let go, or move on to the next move.

8sw9ILq.gif

That's "The Ninja of Love" Nick Denis elbowing the shot out of Joseph Sandoval, circa 2012.

https://m.sherdog.com/fighter/Nick-Denis-19128

I remember that fight mostly because Nick Denis is from my hometown and he was the first fighter from Ottawa to win in the UFC. Another guy made it the year before but went 0-2.

I don't think his heart was in it, since Denis retired a few months later when he lost. He went 1-1 in the UFC.

Amazing. What happened to mohawk dude? Did he ever fight again?

Back