Study shows that women are better at parking than men

424.gif

haha that gif is awesome

I've met two women in my life that could parallel park worth a shit.

The best parallel parking I've seen has been done by women. Not sure how women can be smoother at it if men take fewer turns to accomplish the same thing.

Yeah. Not only was their criteria incorrect, but they only had a sample size of 411. That is way too small to draw the multiple conclusions they are drawing, which include the statement that drivers "get better with age." My guess is that the relationship between age and driving skill is a parabola, where drivers get better with age to a certain point. Then once they hit a certain age, their skills deteriorate. Of course, you would need a sample size greater than 400 people to determine that.

Yes, parabola makes sense.

Experienced drivers are probably better drivers, for obvious reasons. Then age slows them down and to compensate they drive slower and more cautiously.

Then as they age further they just drive and hope for the best.

"If I just back up into traffic slow enough, someone will see me and stop"

i am very confused. maybe i am not reading this correctly. your wifes friend is hooking you up with another woman?

EDIT: I cannot read. nevermind

Lol, my friend's girl.

Saudi Arabian terrorists were plotting to provide free Hummers for thousands of Asian women in the US, knowing the devastation it would cause. Fortunately they were apprehended in time.

But men park their cars better, if a little slower.

If someone finishes a math exam first and gets about 80% right, then someone elses takes 3 seconds longer, but gets 100% on it, who would you say is better at math?

I believe it, Im tired to see fucking idiots saying they park better backwards than forward... yeah buddy Im sure you are the exception and you really are the one who parks better backward... GTFO!

This study sucks. Everyone sucks at parking. Most people who think they can drive/park well are delusional. Men and women alike.

I believe it, Im tired to see fucking idiots saying they park better backwards than forward... yeah buddy Im sure you are the exception and you really are the one who parks better backward... GTFO!

i can black in with the best of them

We have repaired my wife car twice in a month. First was a 20something woman backing her car out of a spot hit my wife's car. And 2 weeks ago she got rear ended by another woman who said she was wearing new shoes and her foot slipped off the break pedal.

I don't believe you.

What I did find interesting was a study which showed men are much more likely to turn the radio down before trying to park. Presumption is that Men are better at focusing on one thing, women at multitasking. So the radio doesn't bother the woman, but it bothers the man.

Yeah. Not only was their criteria incorrect, but they only had a sample size of 411. That is way too small to draw the multiple conclusions they are drawing, which include the statement that drivers "get better with age." My guess is that the relationship between age and driving skill is a parabola, where drivers get better with age to a certain point. Then once they hit a certain age, their skills deteriorate. Of course, you would need a sample size greater than 400 people to determine that.

You do realize that a sample size of 400+ carries a decently fair amount of statistical power, right?

You do know that backing into a parking space IS more efficient, right?

Maybe you just don't know how to park correctly and should practice driving more.

Maybe you just don't know how to park correctly and should practice driving more.

That's true, there are some companies that require all employees and visitors to back into their parking spots.

Study didn't include parallel parking or backing in apparently.

That's true, there are some companies that require all employees and visitors to back into their parking spots.

The reason they do this is so when they go to leave they don't back over anyone in the parking lot.

I have a reversing camera standard on my car so fuk da police.

You do realize that a sample size of 400+ carries a decently fair amount of statistical power, right?

400 is satisfactory. But considering that is the lower end of acceptable sample size, and it's all from the same geographic location, for application world-wide, I'd say the results are spurious.

Back