Study shows that women are better at parking than men

They didn't mention in the article that the study was taken in a women's racing club parking lot.

It's amusing to me how many men get viscerally offended at a very basic, gut level when presented with evidence that women might be better at every day driving tasks.

Is male self identity that wrapped up in driving ability?

Looks like my gf is in the minority. She is a better parker than most guys I know.

Totally agree, and that's why guys excel, their learning process is much more comprehensive when it comes to operating a motor vehicle.

Guys will offroad cars that shouldn't be offroaded, go faster when they shouldn't, do burn outs, get bent, drive in worse conditions, and generally just push the boundaries.

The ones that survive, turn out to be skilled drivers.

German women.

Y'know, one of the things you learn from psychology (or from just being a live and having a working brain and paying attention) is that there are studies for just about everything. You could find a study that "proves" just about any perspective. You need to take this stuff with a grain of salt.

I for one, call bull shit.

Women tend to hit the curb and bumpers more when parallel parking. My friend is the best parallel parker EVER an inch or 2 of space he fits it in miraculously. I can't believe it. :icon_lol:

everyone knows the real parking test is parallel parking

not impressed with this study

It's amusing to me how many men get viscerally offended at a very basic, gut level when presented with evidence that women might be better at every day driving tasks.

Is male self identity that wrapped up in driving ability?

tumblr_mi1me64v9d1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

Pretty sure it's just a bunch of guys speaking from years and years of personal experience.

In Germany, this is true. Men have been Merkeld.

lol, nice.

it doesn't matter to me that women on average are three seconds faster. it's all about efficiency. fewer maneuvers needed to park > saving three seconds by driving faster and more erratic.

In Germany? Maybe.

In general? Absolutely not.

No F'n way.

Though the other day I did see an elderly gentleman completely run over a 2 foot tall median trying to turn left illegally across traffic. He got the front end over it but got stuck. Then he put her in reverse and kept slamming on the gas until his car lurched back over the median.

He did, however, just continue driving unphased like a true boss so he get's a pass.

A few months ago my friend's wife wanted to set me up with her friend. While we were waiting for her to show up, she called her friend and asked if someone could come out to the parking lot. I went out and that bish couldn't even get into a simple parking spot without biting the bump with her real tire. Instant deal breaker.

I don't get worked up. tires and rims on my wifes vehicle in comparison to mine say that that particular survey and analysis is horseshit.

its science.

Who the fuck takes 17 seconds to park?

Calling work on this "study".

Y'know, one of the things you learn from psychology (or from just being a live and having a working brain and paying attention) is that there are studies for just about everything. You could find a study that "proves" just about any perspective. You need to take this stuff with a grain of salt.

I for one, call bull shit.

This isn't a study. It wouldn't even pass muster for a project in a Psych 1A class.

Lol not a chance.

Also

17 and 20 seconds to fucking park. Is there an obstacle course in front of the parking spot? I'm pretty sure I could pull forward into a spot, back out drive forward and then back my car into the spot within 20 seconds.

A few months ago my friend's wife wanted to set me up with her friend. While we were waiting for her to show up, she called her friend and asked if someone could come out to the parking lot. I went out and that bish couldn't even get into a simple parking spot without biting the bump with her real tire. Instant deal breaker.

i am very confused. maybe i am not reading this correctly. your wifes friend is hooking you up with another woman?

EDIT: I cannot read. nevermind

Back