Study Of Khabibs Failed TD Attempts

Mixedfights

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Really good breakdown. It was kind of funny though when he said "Once Khabib gets chest to chest"...the explanation was your fucked. LOL

Khabib always fails his first td attempt , But his chain wrestling is so good .

Conor's TDD is not even as good as Barboza's imo (statistically Edson's is higher as well, no surprise there)

Khabib will make this look easy.

Anyone have a video compilation of Conor getting taken down?

Khabib will be relentless with his takedown attempts. I actually expect Conor to get away from the first one or two, but I do believe Khabib gets him down at some point in the first round.

We know with Khabib it just takes one takedown because he's so big and strong on top, and his top control is fantastic. If Khabib gets Conor against that cage, Conor is getting taken down.

Conor's TDD is not even as good as Barboza's imo (statistically Edson's is higher as well, no surprise there)

Well shit good thing that Conor McGregor is a much better fighter than Edson..

Probably not but getting inside 'no hands" Barboza is no comparison to Conor.

Khabib will have a very hard time not getting poked with Conors straight left. The way khabib followed Edson around the cage while Edson was backpedaling is very revealing. If follows and tries to pace with Conors evasive movement he is going to get timed and dropped.

The more I study both sides of the fight the easier it is to see Conor destroying khabib. Conor will end up making this fight look easy.

Really like this vid. It highlights exactly why Khabib is so dangerous. He has so many tools that all lead into eachother. If you don't stop that chain early you are gonna fly.

Still no offense is perfect.

Conor pulls out. Ferguson steps in. Ferguson eeks out a wired sd... Ferguson is a much easier matchup for Conor.

There it is folks

Well shit good thing that Conor McGregor is a much better fighter than Edson..
Barboza has better TDD

Conor has far superior boxing, and Edson has far superior kicking. Conor has the edge overall because he has a better chin imo. He's not a "much better" fighter than Edson, I think Edson kicks Diaz's legs off easily.

I like the video and analysis but the accent is the best.

Simply watching Khabib grabbing someone makes me think Conor will be going on the floor terrifyingly quickly unless he's extremely quick on his feet and or KO's him in the first 10 seconds of the rounds.

vJzC8MC.gif

In the same way that defending Khabib's first TD is only half the battle, managing to eat Conor's counters and get inside of Conor IS only a quarter of the battle.

Managing to then wrap Conor up entirely from there is still only half the battle.

Agree, plus Edson has better cardio, but Conor does have a better chance KO'ing Khabib moving backwards unlike Edson who isn't that heavy handed. All that said Khabib via TKO round 4

Khabib shoots from far distances.

That works on shitty strikers.

Conor is great at side stepping and landing that lethal left hook.
He even did it to Aldo rushing in.
So he can easily do it to a slow Khabib who telegraphs his takedowns.

I have already debunked this in another thread...first, conor has rarely ever been taken down in his career...go look and try and find how many fights conor was taken down in....in the ufc, he was only taken down my mendes, while conor was fighting on a badly injured knee, against the best wrestler in the division...and nate diaz in the 5th round. that's it...in 2 fights he's been taken down...while barboza has been taken down throughout his career....

Agree, plus Edson has better cardio, but Conor does have a better chance KO'ing Khabib moving backwards unlike Edson who isn't that heavy handed. All that said Khabib via TKO round 4
Hey, I'm good for Conor vs Barboza if it all doesn't work out lol?

Back