Social Study: hispanic voters dont like being called LatinX

5x00wp.jpg

I've never felt the need to categorize groups of people like that.

"Black", "white", and "Latino" are my least favourite labels.

I've never felt the need to categorize groups of people like that.

"Black", "white", and "Latino" are my least favourite labels.
It's like when somebody says 'Hey you know Mike, the black guy, he ........, why not " Hey you know Mike the electrician, he ........... And there might be 2 or 3 guys named Mike in any particular group and only 1 of them is a electrician.

No shit, it's a term by and for the modern successors to yuppies.

That was already quite well known.

Leave it to white liberals to tell everyone what words to use, and how to think and feel. They claim to be completely anti-racist yet treat minorites like toddlers who need to be represented and protected from microaggressions like latino and latina

100%

Not too long ago, I said I wasn't a Biden supporter. A white dude was explaining to me how bad Trump is and how much better for POC Biden was. When I disagreed, he flipped tf out... started cursing me out, stalked me (this was on Reddit, mind you). He might as well had said: "I KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU N*****! NOW SHUT UP AND LISTEN!"

100%

Not too long ago, I said I wasn't a Biden supporter. A white dude was explaining to me how bad Trump is and how much better for POC Biden was. When I disagreed, he flipped tf out... started cursing me out, stalked me (this was on Reddit, mind you). He might as well had said: "I KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU N*****! NOW SHUT UP AND LISTEN!"
Honestly a lot of this woke shit comes off as more subtle racism. Oh we want to help you guys because we feel SO bad for you. But once we disagree they get all pissy. Like what, excuse me? You're going to take my agency away and treat me like a little kid? Nah I'm good, thanks.

Honestly a lot of this woke shit comes off as more subtle racism. Oh we want to help you guys because we feel SO bad for you. But once we disagree they get all pissy. Like what, excuse me? You're going to take my agency away and treat me like a little kid? Nah I'm good, thanks.

I'd go a step further and say a lot of "woke" shit from white liberals is them wanting to co-erce us into voting for their interest or allying for their cause. It ends up being patronizing as hell.

"Look... Vice President lady... she am black... you am black... she just like you... vote for Biden... we am same team"
image-20160930-8472-1gu4fyu.jpg

I'd go a step further and say a lot of "woke" shit from white liberals is them wanting to co-erce us into voting for their interest. It ends up being patronizing as hell.

"Look... Vice President lady... she am black... you am black... she just like you... vote for Biden... we am same team"
image-20160930-8472-1gu4fyu.jpg
The democrats do this all the time. Same shit with Hillary, we're literally Hitler if we don't vote for her because she panders to minorities. Well sorry I'm not voting for lying ass Hillary Clinton lmao.

The democrats do this all the time. Same shit with Hillary, we're literally Hitler if we don't vote for her because she panders to minorities. Well sorry I'm not voting for lying ass Hillary Clinton lmao.

Neither am I.
oj-simpson-0001.jpg

Neither am I.
oj-simpson-0001.jpg
Few people I know irl were mad that I didn't vote in the last presidential election. They figured anyone is better than Trump, I HAD to vote etc. Well sorry but if both parties field shitty candidates I'm staying home. I'm not much of a lesser evil kind of guy.

Few people I know irl were mad that I didn't vote in the last presidential election. They figured anyone is better than Trump, I HAD to vote etc. Well sorry but if both parties field shitty candidates I'm staying home. I'm not much of a lesser evil kind of guy.

On one hand I ask "why tf even answer them?" Who you voted for used to be a private thing prior to social media.

On the other hand, you shouldn't be afraid to answer.

If I'm at work or speaking to a stranger, I'd say: "I don't discuss politics". If it's a friend, I'd probably tell them, but if they're really my friend they'd get over it.

I don't understand why people ask questions in which there's only one answer that'd appease them. If you said "Trump," they'd be mad... If you said "No one" they'd be mad, so Biden is the only acceptable answer.

I created a post about that in the form of a weird, interactive, game... I can't find it. The mods may have deleted it. Lol

Edit. Found it @Mike

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/a-political-choose-your-own-adventure-sto.4113694/#post-160566497

On one hand I ask "why tf even answer them?" Who you voted for used to be a private thing prior to social media.

On the other hand, you shouldn't be afraid to answer.

If I'm at work or speaking to a stranger, I'd say: "I don't discuss politics". If it's a friend, I'd probably tell them, but if they're really my friend they'd get over it.

I don't understand why people ask questions in which there's only one answer that'd appease them. If you said "Trump," they'd be mad... If you said "No one" they'd be mad, so Biden is the only acceptable answer.

I created a post about that in the form of a weird, interactive, game... I can't find it. The mods may have deleted it. Lol

Edit. Found it @Mike

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/a-political-choose-your-own-adventure-sto.4113694/#post-160566497
I don't discuss politics with strangers or acquaintances. These were conversations with friends, who are mostly left leaning like me. So in their mind there was only one choice. But I don't like Biden for a number of reasons, and I told them I wouldn't vote for a candidate I don't like or respect just because trump is also terrible. I'll stay home then.

It's like when somebody says 'Hey you know Mike, the black guy, he ........, why not " Hey you know Mike the electrician, he ........... And there might be 2 or 3 guys named Mike in any particular group and only 1 of them is a electrician.

Yes, it's like every time someone says "black", in reference to people, it's adding to racism. It's either continuing to lump all of "them" together and view them as one and generalise, or simply reminding everyone of the segregation that exists because of their skin colour.

Just imagine if news headlines weren't allowed to have any colours mentioned.

WTF is a "Latinx" ? I'm not from USA... Why they don't use Latino/Latina ?

As a person that is half Hispanic/Latino none of these people speak for me or any member of my family that I am aware of. They can fuck right the fuck off with the X. About all I can say is I hope everyone that pushes the pet fringe ideology that generates ideas such as this prove sterile so there is a potential that they, their bloodlines and their philosophies may eventually die out.

Back