Social Study: hispanic voters dont like being called LatinX

Even "Hispanic" is synthetic. The Hispanic demographic was introduced into the US census under Nixon. The Hispanic employees at my family's business just identify as Mexican American.

That at least has some legitimacy to it though. People who've come to the US from family connections in Brazil or the countries of former New Spain, will have an ancesteral cultural lineage back to either Portugal or Spain, both part of the Iberian Peninsula, which was united under Roman rule as Hispania.

LatinX is a joke of a designation by comparison.

Here it’s now BIPOC. “Person of Colour”, which was somehow the correct way to replace Black, which needed to be used in place of “Coloured Person”, which was racist, was not specific enough, as it included to many other non-black peoples, whereas BIPOC, or “Black and Indigenous Persons of Colour” is much more specific in referring to only two totally different groups of people.

None of it makes any sense.

Thats a good point, technically wouldn’t BIPOC not apply to non-black immigrants like Indians or Filipinos etc?

LatinX is bad grammar in spanish or english latino or Latina is appropriate. latinX is also SJW woke gender neutral garbage.

What the hell is LatniX, I can't keep up with this shit anymore. I think I'm starting to reach that age where I'm beginning to not understand the recent trends. Seems like you gotta be reading news all the time just to stay up to date with this nonsense.
It was created by some wacky purple haired SJW to make latino and latina gender neutral but it is stupid because spanish uses masculine and feminine endings.

She would withhold los tamales after smacking me with la chancla.
You had it easy with a chancla my parents used a heavier huarache with a car tire sole.
91gZocErlRL._AC_UY1000_.jpg

Whats the issue with Hispanic? I'm legitimately asking, not patronizing

I understand it to be a term refering to spanish speaking countries more or less because the Iberian peninsula was refered to as hispania in latin
I relate to latino more because I grew up with spanish tv calling us latino we shared that camaraderie. Hispanic does not resonate with me because it seems like some sort of government label made in the u.s that I don't feel close to.

I think I'm technically LatinX. It is probably the cringiest classification there is. No thanks.

There are a few r-tards in the Filipino community trying to push the copycat Filipinx.

That at least has some legitimacy to it though. People who've come to the US from family connections in Brazil or the countries of former New Spain, will have an ancesteral cultural lineage back to either Portugal or Spain, both part of the Iberian Peninsula, which was united under Roman rule as Hispania.

Classical references notwithstanding I think the modern term Hispanic excludes people from Brazil or Portugal, because we don't speak Spanish. Some federal agencies say it includes them while others prefer Latino as a broader term.

Funny, I don’t like calling them latinx

will this apply to people from china one day too?

Lumping together anyone from South and Central America - whose mother tongue is Spanish or Portugese - is like lumping together all people whose mother tongue is English and or who are culturally from the Anlgosphere.

People would find it pretty ridiculous if we lumped together Americans, Canadians, Australians, Kiwis, South Africans from different ethnic and racial groups, purely because they all speak English as their mother tongue. African Americans and most White Americans have English as their mother tongue, but we don't lump them together. South America also has Black and White racial groupings, but America lumps them together.

The Asian cateogory or designation is also dam stupid, because you are lumping together Pakistanis, Koreans, Nenet (Siberian reindeer herding ethnicity), Maldivians and Malays. LatinX, Hispanic, Latino and Asian classifications are all nonsensical and silly. We focus on Latinx because it is a new thing. Being new it is far more evident to us that it is synthetic.

Last edited:
Lumping together anyone from South and Central America - whose mother tongue is Spanish or Portugese - is like lumping together all people whose mother tongue is English and or who are culturally from the Anlgosphere.

People would find it pretty ridiculous if we lumped together Americans, Canadians, Australians, Kiwis, South Africans from different ethnic and racial groups, purely because they all speak English as their mother tongue. African Americans and most White Americans have English as their mother tongue, but we don't lump them together. South America also has Black and White racial groupings, but America lumps them together.

The Asian cateogory or designation is also dam stupid, because you are lumping together Pakistanis, Koreans, Nenet (Siberian reindeer herding ethnicity), Maldivians and Malays. LatinX, Hispanic, Latino and Asian classifications are all nonsensical and silly. We focus on Latinx because it is a new thing. Being new it is far more evident to us that it is synthetic.
You also don't lump together white people from Europe with white people from Asia based on their skin color.

As you point out, all of these racial categories have gaping holes in them. None of the criteria is even remotely consistent.

You also don't lump together white people from Europe with white people from Asia based on their skin color.

As you point out, all of these racial categories have gaping holes in them. None of the criteria is even remotely consistent.
Arab groups are trying to get their own category , in large part so they can get Affirmative Action benefits. In the recent Boston Mayoral race, Annissa Essaibi George, who was one of the candidates, tried to claim she was a person of color. She ran against Michelle Wu. Essaibi George looks totally White; she is of Tunisian and Polish ancestry. Wu is of Taiwanese ancestry.

Bro if you actually call a Latino person "Latinx" or say that word to them...You're going to sound like a pompous idiot. Most of them will laugh at you. That is so fucking cringey. If you want to be gender-neutral and abhor the gender-neutral "Latino" then you can simply use "Latin", as in "Latin America."

Latinos and Mexicans in particular are some of the most non-PC, thick-skinned people I have ever met. Fucking try to offend a Mexican person. Probably one of the hardest-to-offend people in the world. Much like Jews they make fun of themselves all the time despite a history of marginalization.

Back