Social Study: hispanic voters dont like being called LatinX

Diogenes of Sinope

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

"according to a new nationwide poll of Hispanic voters, only 2 percent of those polled refer to themselves as Latinx, while 68 percent call themselves “Hispanic” and 21 percent favored “Latino” or “Latina” to describe their ethnic background, according to the survey from Bendixen & Amandi International, a top Democratic firm specializing in Latino outreach.

More problematic for Democrats: 40 percent said Latinx bothers or offends them to some degree and 30 percent said they would be less likely to support a politician or organization that uses the term"

I mean they didnt need to make a survey to figure this out.

Never in my life have I met someone who called themselves Hispanic. Pretty easy to be more specific.

Germans and Irish pretending they are all in one group because they are White is almost as silly. I dont know that European Germans think they are in the same group as the Irish.

Since his "independent" move, Andrew Yang is mostly attacking perceived Democrat talking points day in day out, what a shocker.

Just in my experience, so grain of salt included, but most people from “Latin” cultures I’ve known, tend to be more socially conservative(eg more likely to adhere to traditional gender norms, overtly religious, family-oriented, etc). At least relative to the modern US. That being the case, this is not surprising to me in the least.

What the hell is LatniX, I can't keep up with this shit anymore. I think I'm starting to reach that age where I'm beginning to not understand the recent trends. Seems like you gotta be reading news all the time just to stay up to date with this nonsense.

Since his "independent" move, Andrew Yang is mostly attacking perceived Democrat talking points day in day out, what a shocker.

Yang was always an independent thinker. He ever admitted in interviews a year ago that he ran for democrat simply because it was the best shot to take down Trump. I'm on the left and I think Yang is great, I never understood why progressives hate him so much. He's a pragmatic guy and he wants to bring Americans together and end political tribalism.

What the hell is LatniX, I can't keep up with this shit anymore. I think I'm starting to reach that age where I'm beginning to not understand the recent trends. Seems like you gotta be reading news all the time just to stay up to date with this nonsense.

calling someone Latino or Latina is assuming their gender. LatinX is the solution to the microaggressions of CIS-gendered people

Not surprising.

You do. And it’s garbage.

I saw another study a while and it came to the same conclusions. I honestly don't even know what is the point.

That was already quite well known.

Leave it to white liberals to tell everyone what words to use, and how to think and feel. They claim to be completely anti-racist yet treat minorites like toddlers who need to be represented and protected from microaggressions like latino and latina

He just interviewed Bret Weinstein and Heather Heyenne on his podcast. It was an ok interview but about 16 months too late. Yang was still somewhat relevant with the IDW crowd in mid 2020.

Back