Studio 540 Secret Seminar! (Sept 10, 2015)

So if it is Marcelo, why not just announce that? The Gracie boys have some weird ass ideas about running businesses. But then, they are Rorion's sons.

Weird, the paid shill somehow had behind the scenes information on the thing he was promoting.

33xgb2h.png

An old instructor of mine went to one, said all Rickson would do is show a move and then sit on the sidelines ignoring everyone eating bananas. And that he brought a black belt from his school whose sole function seemed to be fetching him bananas from the front desk. I've always wondered if the banana boy was Shane Rice or Henry Aikens. Or even Kron.

I want to be Rickson's banana boy

An old instructor of mine went to one, said all Rickson would do is show a move and then sit on the sidelines ignoring everyone eating bananas. And that he brought a black belt from his school whose sole function seemed to be fetching him bananas from the front desk. I've always wondered if the banana boy was Shane Rice or Henry Aikens. Or even Kron.

That is a really odd story. LOL

Weird, the paid shill somehow had behind the scenes information on the thing he was promoting.

At this point i have started to read all of SBJ's posts under the assumption that he is Brian Ortega. Its a bit dissapointing he doesnt ever talk technique with us but I can excuse the shilling a lot easier knowing he is just conpletely bought into the gracie academy system.

Even still, if SBJ just was transparent about who he is and how he represents gracie academy i know people would for sure respect him more on these boards.

No, SBJ is the camera guy for the Gracie breakdowns/Renergy sandwiches.

I would pay double for a seminar with D.B. Cooper. Have you seen him?

So if it is Marcelo, why not just announce that? The Gracie boys have some weird ass ideas about running businesses. But then, they are Rorion's sons.

Probably so the next time they announce a 'secret instructor' people will pay top $ for not marcelo...under the guise that it could be marcelo

Wasn't there a thread recently that stated Rickson seminars are awesome. He shows little details that can change the way you approach positions. He conducts seminars so well that when he requests attendees not talk about what's taught, people actually respect it.

I don't do many seminars but I would pay $100 for Rickson without question.

It depend if you like to "rediscover" basic techniques.
Like mount retention against a person that would not use basic BJJ techniques to escape.

Yeah I don't know anything about this org. Sorry for confusing anyone.

For anyone interested, check out their website. The gym looks badass with a huge compliment of awesome bjj people - I didn't realize this was Fabio Santos' gym:http://www.studio540.com/

Looks like a really cool place.

Just as a point of clarification, Studio 540 is not Fabio's school. He teaches a morning class there a couple of times a week. Fabio's main academy is still down in Mission Valley...

http://fabiojiujitsu.com/

ngaxyt.jpg

n2fl07.jpg

Last edited:
they posted a video on facebook.

some footage of MG rolling with Keenan and Magid (just a few seconds).

they posted a video on facebook.

some footage of MG rolling with Keenan and Magid (just a few seconds).

Video was bad ass. That rear naked choke that he flew over and landed on Joel Tudor was smoov!

The way he came out and said "Sorry to interrupt but do you guys mind if I teach this class?" was really awesome. Nice to see so many people there having a great time. Studio 540 looks like a cool spot.

At this point i have started to read all of SBJ's posts under the assumption that he is Brian Ortega. Its a bit dissapointing he doesnt ever talk technique with us but I can excuse the shilling a lot easier knowing he is just conpletely bought into the gracie academy system.

Even still, if SBJ just was transparent about who he is and how he represents gracie academy i know people would for sure respect him more on these boards.

I think you're probably giving him too much credit.

Back