Stuart Scott dies at age of 49

Thats too bad.

I met him twice at my old job when I worked at a hotel and spent some time taking care of he and his family

During his first stay he was not cool at all. I won't get into the details.

Then about a year later he came back and I was expecting the same thing but low and behold he was the coolest guy ever. So weird because it doesn't usually work out that way. After that stay I had a complete change of heart about him and looked forward to seeing him again. That was about two years ago. RIP.

Gonna miss his catch phrases. Anyone remember the SNL ESPN skit w/ Tim Meadows doing the SS impersonation? Funny shit.

Thats too bad.

I met him twice at my old job when I worked at a hotel and spent some time taking care of he and his family

During his first stay he was not cool at all. I won't get into the details.

Then about a year later he came back and I was expecting the same thing but low and behold he was the coolest guy ever. So weird because it doesn't usually work out that way. After that stay I had a complete change of heart about him and looked forward to seeing him again. That was about two years ago. RIP.

is there a chance that the year he wasn't so nice was on or before 2007? That's when he was diagnosed. Having something as serious as cancer can change a man perspective on life and how they treat others.

Regardless, RIP. Dude was synonymous with Sportscenter.

Re-read the part about it being 2 years ago. Either way, it's still nice to hear the second visit was much better.

Last edited:
I just heard about it coming back the other day, I guess it must have worked pretty quickly. R.I.P.

He really did fight as hard as he could. Following him on twitter, he was always talking about working out and sparring. He seemed like a great person.

Here's looking at you kid. O..over here Stuart.

RIP. He filled a big void at SC after olberman/Patrick

One of a kind

He was solid on sports center for what has to be 25 years.. Seems like my whole life, really. He had a good life, which was stopped a little short, but it's cut short for everybody really. Travel well Stu. Booyah

Damn. I've been calling that guy the biggest nerd on earth for years. Now i feel bad.

Just seeing how much he was loved by his peers/co-workers - especially Rich Eisen and Hannah Storm - had me cryin' and choking back the sadness. Brutal.

I thought he was a dorky ass dude but I still liked him more than about 90% of the other ESPN anchors. R.I.P.

A heartfelt goodbye to the man who made middle aged white football fans feel comfortable using black slang in public.

Your contributions will not go unacknowledged.

Probably too soon, but very accurate nonetheless lol.

He was the last original, high quality, sports anchor.

Too fucking young.

RIP Stuart.

Boo-yah

Cooler than the other side of the pillow

No soup for you

I don't know ya and I don't like ya, so you best a get up on outta here

He's got his PHD Playa Hatin Degree

Just watched the recording of Rich Eisen's reaction on NFL network...whew, that was some "Brian's Song" -level, manly tear shedding. RIP Stuyah.

Back