Strong Lifts 5x5 for This Type of Body?

I saw a youtube vid of a guy on 5x5 and he gained 20 lbs in a few months on the program. Is that common?

Was one of the parts of the program eating a 20lb plate? If not, then he didn't gain 20lb doing the program. He got it by eating, you should try that sometimes OP

Just stay out of the weight room TS. The malnourished sweater short look you covet can be achieved strictly with body weight exercises and a low calorie diet. Plus, staying out the gym helps the folks actually trying to make them gainz.

120418-dick-clark.png

18_inch_ruler__57607.1405349052.1280.1280.jpg

Wow, so many reps. I am sure my female wrestling teammates would find that a good set.... for warmups. And they were 18-20 years old.

Lol, if you define an Asian Tiger Mom as someone whose kid got wrestling scholarship, 3xBW squat (in a powerlifting competition), sub 11s 100m sprint, who was liberal about the way her kid grew up, then yes, my mom is definitely a Tiger Mom

Where did you wrestle anyway? Alaska and its population of 10 ppl? I bet my big PL total you didn't wrestle in Iowa, Ohio, or any of the powerhouse states. It's alright homie, I am sure your mom thinks you are a special snowflake too

Li Hongli is a Swoldier

your tiger mom must be proud. Oh wait, no she isnt. So sad.

There's a kid by the name of Zach Evetts, a protege of Mark Rippetoe, who did the Starting Strength 5x5 program and drank a gallon everyday for 6 months. His squat went up from 145 to 315 in a linear progression and he gained 50 lbs of mass (20 of which was fat, 30 lean muscle).

Apparently, people all over the internet are calling BS on this and it's turned into a controversial topic. But since I'm a devoted fanatic of Rip, I'd rather err on the side of his words...

If the kid was a scrawny as hell teenager, naturally athletic and followed the program while eating what he needed too, it's totally possible.

Oh, finally got it! I was all like, who dat? lol

Only one guy trying to measure dicks, and that's the guy asking all the personal questions about me. He's been trying to bait me since his first post so I guess he really has a need for some positive affirmation for some reason or another.

Back