Strong Lifts 5x5 for This Type of Body?

I'm an ethnic Korean and I find this statement objectionable and to be complete bullshit. Way to perpetuate the stereotype, from an Asian no less. Grow a pair, get rid of this self-defeating attitude of yours, and think before you post. So you wanna look like an anorexic Kpop star? Get a membership at Planet Fitness or better yet, Curves, and keep the calories low. Good luck.

Do you even Asia, bro? I go to Shanghai, Tokyo, and/or Seoul at least once a year, with layovers in SE Asia on occasion. I see what the people walking down the street look like. Most look like ectos. I'm one of the biggest guys there; hard to find clothes my size.

Asian Americans =/= Asians.

But thanks for the advice. Your powerful rhetoric and unchallengeable argument has inspired me. I shall give it 110% in my jazzercise class!

[YT]1F4W0R1Zr_8[/YT]

Do you even Asia, bro? I go to Shanghai, Tokyo, and/or Seoul at least once a year, with layovers in SE Asia on occasion. I see what the people walking down the street look like. Most look like ectos. I'm one of the biggest guys there; hard to find clothes my size.

I don't care what Asians look like in Asia. This is totally irrelevant to the matter at hand. Basically, you made a post about how you want to look like an Asian Brad Pitt on a Strength and Conditioning forum with a powerlifting program, no less.

There's a plethora of posts on powerlifting/bodybuilding forums about guys wanting to achieve the Fight Club Brad Pitt physique, and you know what the typical protocol is for us to respond? Derision. Really, it's not that hard to achieve. Just do your typical Muscle and Fiction rag workout and eat 1500 calories a day, and you'll be there in no time.

But if you still want to powerlift and maintain a small, but compact physique, check out Johnnie Candito's training program and diet regimen.

Last edited:
this dude is just butthurt that he achieved nothing in wrestling, judo or pretty much anything remotely athletic, so now he gotta blame his AZN genetics

Weaklings like you disgrace us Asians

Why's that Asian dude wearing a sweater for shorts?

If you have more diverse goals than increasing your 5RM I'd suggest checking out the Greyskull Linear Progression (GSLP) programme. It is designed for beginners/weak people who want to get stronger and allows for conditioning and body composition goals.

the asians itt are being harder on TS than an asian father on a son who brought home a C.

This is a strength and conditioning forum - not a shelter for those who fancy the look of a malnourished cabana boy pre-money shot.

giphy.gif

Anywho, it's so stupid when people claim "they don't wanna get too big". It's such a gradual process (unless you're using PEDs) that it shouldn't be bordering the spectrum of your worries. It's almost like of saying "I wanna to learn to drive, but I don't wanna be like those f1 guys on tv that's dangerous!"

But thanks for the advice. Your powerful rhetoric and unchallengeable argument has inspired me. I shall give it 110% in my jazzercise class!

[YT]1F4W0R1Zr_8[/YT]

lol, are you saying they're white?

Anywho, it's so stupid when people claim "they don't wanna get too big". It's such a gradual process (unless you're using PEDs) that it shouldn't be bordering the spectrum of your worries. It's almost like of saying "I wanna to learn to drive, but I don't wanna be like those f1 guys on tv that's dangerous!"

Couldn't agree more.

It is *so* not that easy. Look at all those thousands of guys in the gym every day who achieve nothing. Many if not most of the guys here, who are lifting heavy and reasonably often aren't big. I think you'd say many have a pretty normal frame, just a bit thicker in a few places. It takes years of *major* effort with the bar and the fork to really get big.

this dude is just butthurt that he achieved nothing in wrestling, judo or pretty much anything remotely athletic, so now he gotta blame his AZN genetics

Weaklings like you disgrace us Asians

lol that was funny. Tell your mom I said you can have an extra bowl of rice for dinner.

Couldn't agree more.

It is *so* not that easy. Look at all those thousands of guys in the gym every day who achieve nothing. Many if not most of the guys here, who are lifting heavy and reasonably often aren't big. I think you'd say many have a pretty normal frame, just a bit thicker in a few places. It takes years of *major* effort with the bar and the fork to really get big.

I saw a youtube vid of a guy on 5x5 and he gained 20 lbs in a few months on the program. Is that common? I'm about 178 as of this morning and I want to stay around that weight. Weighing 195 was tough on my feet and joints. Normal frame, just a bit thicker sounds good to me.

I really like the progressive nature of 5x5 so I want to give it a try. I'll be out of commission for a while after arthroscopy so I'll essentially be starting over from square one, concentrating on good form.

You can't just gain 20 lbs from a workout program. You need to eat lots of food for that to happen.

I saw a youtube vid of a guy on 5x5 and he gained 20 lbs in a few months on the program. Is that common? I'm about 178 as of this morning and I want to stay around that weight. Weighing 195 was tough on my feet and joints. Normal frame, just a bit thicker sounds good to me.

I really like the progressive nature of 5x5 so I want to give it a try. I'll be out of commission for a while after arthroscopy so I'll essentially be starting over from square one, concentrating on good form.

If he was eating at a caloric excess or drinking a gallon of milk every day with his meals, then yes.

Back