Strong legs and Increasing your vertical jump.

Try this out for 1 week. Rest and retest your vertical. I guarantee you will notice a difference.

Week 1

Monday

Repettitive Jumps (Jump up non stop and touch an object) 4x12
Short Distance Sprints 4x
Practice Jumping 4x10

Squats 4x10
Glute-Ham Raise 4x10
Dumbell Lunges 4x10

Wednesday

One leg Speed Hops 4x (each leg)
Distance Jumps (Stand with two feet and jump as far as you can. Stop repeat) 4x8 jumps
Depth Jumps 4x10

Explosive squat jump
Place barbell on your back with VERY light weight and jump up and down as fast as you can. Keep good form.
4x12

Friday

Repettitive Jumps (Jump up non stop and touch an object) 4x12
Short Distance Sprints 4x
Practice Jumping 4x10

Deadlifts 4x10
Barbell Lunges 4x10
One-Leg Calf Raises 4x10 (switch legs)

Rest and retest your vertical for a wee and you will see an increase - Maks P

You're doing a lot of accessory movements that are accomplishing nearly the same thing if you were to do full ROM squats. Why 4x10/12 for everything? You're working in the rep range for hypertrophy. What's your rational behind this?

Wow, I'll see results in only one week!?

Where do i pay?

Bro if you have never trained before than you will see results.

I didnt make this video to make you buy my program.

I made this video because I wanted to motivate anyone out there.

Yes I do have a program out that I sell but I didn't come here with those intentions.

You're doing a lot of accessory movements that are accomplishing nearly the same thing if you were to do full ROM squats. Why 4x10/12 for everything? You're working in the rep range for hypertrophy. What's your rational behind this?

This is designed for individuals who have done minimum leg work.

You start of with 4x10/12

The next week you do 4x8. Then 3x8. Then 3x6.

You slowly work your way down.

I know that full squats have been known as king exercise for vertical jump.
However, after doing half squats for about 2-3 months I have seen a greater increase in my jump compared to full squats.

I believe the reason for that is when you do full squats you lose some plyometric movement in the squat. Because when you do half squat you can come back up really quick. You end up working your reactive ability a lot more by doing full squats.

What if i have trained before? What will the results be like then?

And will the results be better than if I chose a well known and proven program as opposed to the one you propose?

Bro if you have never trained before than you will see results.

I didnt make this video to make you buy my program.

I made this video because I wanted to motivate anyone out there.

Yes I do have a program out that I sell but I didn't come here with those intentions.

I'm not trying to call you out or nothin, but telling people that they'll make gains if they've never trained before is not a good way of saying it's a good program lol.

If I"d never trained before, I could simply practice jumping alone for that 1 week, every day, and I"d make gains.

I'm not trying to call you out or nothin, but telling people that they'll make gains if they've never trained before is not a good way of saying it's a good program lol.

If I"d never trained before, I could simply practice jumping alone for that 1 week, every day, and I"d make gains.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

What if i have trained before? What will the results be like then?

And will the results be better than if I chose a well known and proven program as opposed to the one you propose?

If you have trained before than you will just start out with heavier weight in your strength training phase.

Yes I guarantee that you will because this program focuses on strength training mixed with plyometrics. The emphasis is on the most bang for the buck exercises such as squats, deadlifts, variation of lunges and depth jumps with many other jumping exercises.

It's not an Air Alert were all you do is jump and you don't use any special equipment.
And since you asked I will tell you that I only sell it for $17 because most "well known" programs go for $67 (Jump Manual). And I know what its like to spend $$ on programs that promise and x amount of inches in an x amount of time. I just want to help people dunk and even if the program doesn't fit their schedule than I make them a custom version. I am not trying to advertise bro but if you want to know more about it than check out: http://www.verticaljumptruth.com/

In this system you do exercises that professional athletes have been using for years.
It mixes the strength training of football players with plyometrics of basketball players to give the best results.

The routine I posted above is the one that this kid has been using from the program and he saw a great increase in his hops.
[YT]guS1NMb93EQ[/YT]

The truth is that Strength Training X Plyometrics = High Vertical Jump.

My program focuses on the best strength and plyometric exercises that are proven to work. I am using this routine right now and still see an increase.

My program focuses on the best strength and plyometric exercises that are proven to work. I am using this routine right now and still see an increase.

Like half squats and calf raises?

I'm not debating this whatsoever, the problem people are having. Is with your rep range choices on the strength excercises. And the fact that you advocate fast, half, jump squats.

IMO, if you changed out the rep ranges to 4-6. And replaced the jump squats with powercleans. 99% of the people here would be completely alright with this set up.

The one thing I have to ask, is where were the half jump squats "proven" to work BETTER than other choices?

And just because you're seeing an increase, doesn't mean you're seeing as much of an increase as you could be seeing. (Not saying that's what's going on, just saying that simply stating you're still making gains without going into details with time frame and amounts of gains, doesn't mean a whole lot.)

1. Like I said, your claim that half squats show a better increase to your vertical over full squats is complete bullshit.

2. How are you going to say that you're not trying to sell anything when this is like the third time you've started a thread saying essentially the exact same thing?

Like half squats and calf raises?

No you also do full squats and quarter squats. And reverse barbell/dumbbell lunges.

It is 12 weeks long and is divided into 3 parts.

Each Part is 4 weeks long.

You do different exercises in each part so you constantly confuse your muscles.

No you also do full squats and quarter squats. And reverse barbell/dumbbell lunges.

It is 12 weeks long and is divided into 3 parts.

Each Part is 4 weeks long.

You do different exercises in each part so you constantly confuse your muscles.

I prefer to confuse my muscles by blindfolding them and spinning them around really fast with loud heavy metal blaring.

I'm not debating this whatsoever, the problem people are having. Is with your rep range choices on the strength excercises. And the fact that you advocate fast, half, jump squats.

IMO, if you changed out the rep ranges to 4-6. And replaced the jump squats with powercleans. 99% of the people here would be completely alright with this set up.

The one thing I have to ask, is where were the half jump squats "proven" to work BETTER than other choices?

And just because you're seeing an increase, doesn't mean you're seeing as much of an increase as you could be seeing. (Not saying that's what's going on, just saying that simply stating you're still making gains without going into details with time frame and amounts of gains, doesn't mean a whole lot.)

The reason why I dont do power cleans is because Squats and Deadlifts have a great impact on the CNS. So the jump squats replace the power cleans because they are not as taxing on the body.

That is the first week after that you move down the reps to 4x8. Then 3x8. Then 3x6.

After that you go back to higher reps for 4 weeks and work your way down with different exercises so that you are constantly shocking your muscles.

Full Squats take longer to progress from as opposed to half squats.
Plus you lose some reactive ability by doing half squats.
Reactive ability is crucial when it comes to your vertical jump.

I dont know how familiar you are with Professor Verkhoshaksy (Russian Olympic Strength & High Jump Expert). Here is his take on full squats, "As a rule, the use of strength mean (here we are talking of exercise with maximal load executed slowly) with articulation flexion angle equal to the flexion angle of competition exercise is more effective for the development of sport result". Source:http://www.verkhoshansky.com/Forum/tabid/84/forumid/15/postid/457/scope/posts/Default.aspx

I might get a lot of hate for this but half squats will honestly carry over better and faster to your vertical jump. As long as you do a variations of lunges and deadlifts with them.

1. Like I said, your claim that half squats show a better increase to your vertical over full squats is complete bullshit.

2. How are you going to say that you're not trying to sell anything when this is like the third time you've started a thread saying essentially the exact same thing?

This is what Russian Professor Verkhoshasky stated about squats when it comes to vertical jump "The half squat is without doubt more specific and more effective to develop the antigravitational strength, but this exercise needs an overload greater than the overload used in complete squat."

http://www.verkhoshansky.com/Forum/tabid/84/forumid/15/postid/457/scope/posts/Default.aspx

This is fucking retarded.

I prefer to confuse my muscles by blindfolding them and spinning them around really fast with loud heavy metal blaring.

My favorite technique is to load the barbell with 4 plates, get psyched up, bust out the smelling salts, and get under the bar. As I'm about to unrack it I start to walk away from the rack backwards. I walk all the way home that way. Maximum confusion is had. I figure I'll be squatting 495 by Halloween.

Back