Strong indications that Jeb Bush is going to run in 2016

Nope, it was clear that the media turned their backs on McCain right after he won the GOP nomination. They didn't want any possibility of an old crusty white guy moderate to endanger the chances of their token black guy ultra liberal of not winning the White House.

Lets be clear, the mainstream media are essentially democrat journalists, they do what's best for the cause, and they view Jeb as a moderate big-government pro-illegal immigration Republican. If for aome reason they can't sell the public on Hillary, it's best to have Jeb in the White House than a conservative like Ted Cruz.

Check out any of the televised reports on CNN, MSNBC, ABC, & etc for when they reported Jeb Bush was seeking out the possibility of running, which was around the middle of December. The last thing you hear was derision and disgust for the idea of another Bush in the White House for another 4 or 8 years. Which is surprising, since they have no love lost for his brother.
McCain lost because he picked Palin as a VP. It looked like one of the most brilliant political flourishes of the past half century...for the first 2-3 months. Then, when the honeymoon wore off, it alienated that entire centrist swing vote he needed to win; the same swing vote that guys like Ted Cruz would alienate all by himself from the "President" slot of the ticket without any added help from a demagogue nitwit like Palin.

Loyal minions tend to have good careers.

That's why I flounder. Playing follow the leader isn't my forte. Hopefully old man Bush passes soon so the taxpayers can get some relief.

McCain lost because he picked Palin as a VP. It looked like one of the most brilliant political flourishes of the past half century...for the first 2-3 months. Then, when the honeymoon wore off, it alienated that entire centrist swing vote he needed to win; the same swing vote that guys like Ted Cruz would alienate all by himself from the "President" slot of the ticket without any added help from a demagogue nitwit like Palin.

And McCain would have won if he picked anyone else than Palin? How about some other conservative, or just another moderate?

No, he tossed out the general election by not having the balls to fight dirty, just as the liberals were fighting against him.

He could have jumped on Obama's extreme voting record, or that he's not released his college transcripts, his admittions about his past in his autobiographies, 'When the wealth is spread around, its good for everybody,' or even his relation to Reverend Wright... but no, the media would call any effective attack on Obama as racist, and McCain wanted to avoid that label on his reputation at all costs.

Anther "Bush" in the WH. Just what the world fucking needs.

It will never happen the bad taste of George W is still strong, Jeb really has no chance he could literally be incredibly well spoken, have and amazing campaign and a solid plan for America ( which he won't it will be the same crap as his brother and father only not presented so utterly retarded) and he still would have no chance of winning due to the complete and embarrassing incompetence of George W

It will never happen the bad taste of George W is still strong, Jeb really has no chance he could literally be incredibly well spoken, have and amazing campaign and a solid plan for America ( which he won't it will be the same crap as his brother and father only not presented so utterly retarded) and he still would have no chance of winning due to the complete and embarrassing incompetence of George W

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Jeb has some credentials to appeal to Hispanic voters and could play the cross over.

Also don't underestimate how connected the family is.

A lot of it will have to do with media coverage, and if he is desirable by those in power then it may just be positive enough.

Also, the casual voter has a short memory or doesn't pay much attention so a superficial campaign that tugs on their heartstrings could do it.

And McCain would have won if he picked anyone else than Palin? How about some other conservative, or just another moderate?

No, he tossed out the general election by not having the balls to fight dirty, just as the liberals were fighting against him.

He could have jumped on Obama's extreme voting record, or that he's not released his college transcripts, his admittions about his past in his autobiographies, 'When the wealth is spread around, its good for everybody,' or even his relation to Reverend Wright... but no, the media would call any effective attack on Obama as racist, and McCain wanted to avoid that label on his reputation at all costs.
This is ridiculous. No republican had a shot in '08. McCain also would rightly have been cautious about going too hard on someone's past given his own history of corruption and admissions about his own past. There was a hell of a lot more dirt on McCain than Obama and Obama didn't play it either. Then Palin drove a nail.

Under other circumstances perhaps McCain wouldn't have lost by as much as he did but that's the best you can say. The fact that Mittens couldn't beat Obama after Obama got beat on, appropriately and inappropriately, for four years should be telling about McCain's chances too.

Probably not, but the odds were tilted against him from the outset (following a two-term Republican presidency). Palin was simply the nail in the coffin. They were trying to shore up the hard right vote while simultaneously courting the female vote (which composed the bulk of the undecided centrist swing-vote in the final weeks of that campaign, and a key demographic that Republicans have found slipping from their base more and more over the past 2-3 decades).

I don't know why they do this. I would like to sit in on a lecture explaining the reasoning from a seasoned campaign manager because those guys knows the ins and outs of political demographics better than any other group alive, but for the life of me, I don't understand why the conservatives feel a need to shore up the hard right. In a Presidential campaign it comes down to two guys, representing each of the major parties, and everyone after that is an idealistic throwaway vote. Sure, a small portion will throw away votes on those guys, but ultimately, 9 out of 10 of even the most extreme voters make compromises on that final ballot.

Were they really that terrified of Paul because of the primaries? That's just stupid. Those 9/10 are going to spit, kick, grumble, and howl...then they're going to vote for McCain because, quite simply, McCain isn't Obama. Hell, even simpler than that: because McCain isn't a Democrat.

Last edited:
Really? Three quarters of a million dead Iraqi civilians would beg to differ.
And on home soil, the victims of Hurricane Katrina would also take issue, I'm sure.

War is hell, but I suppose by your post that Obama is black-hearted as well?

Bush's Katrina response is a myth (actually a lie) that is perpetuated repeatedly because morons listen to idiots like Kanya West and MSNBC. Donna Brazile (Gore's campaign manager); of all people, wrote:

George W. Bush was good as his word. He visited the Gulf states 17 times; went 13 times to New Orleans. Laura Bush made 24 trips. Bush saw that $126 billion in aid was sent to the Gulf's residents, as some members of his own party in Congress balked.

Bush put a special emphasis on rebuilding schools and universities. He didn't forget African-Americans: Bush provided $400 million to the historically black colleges, now integrated, that remain a pride, and magnet for African-American students. Laura Bush, a librarian, saw to it that thousands of books ruined by the floods were replaced. To this day, there are many local libraries with tributes devoted to her efforts.

It was a team effort. I'm glad to report the commission I served on went out-of-business in 2010. I'm also grateful and proud to report that President Bush was one of the leaders, and a very important member, of that team. Our recovery can be credited to the civility and tireless efforts of President Bush and other Americans, who united and worked together to help rebuild the Gulf and the place of my birth, New Orleans.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/25/opinion/brazile-katrina-bush/

War is hell, but I suppose by your post that Obama is black-hearted as well?

Reading your posting in this thread is pain, too. I hope it's just this only topic that you are unbearably delusional and brainwashed on.

Also, the casual voter has a short memory or doesn't pay much attention so a superficial campaign that tugs on their heartstrings could do it.

Dost thou speaketh of infamous shite-for-brains US voter? Yes, indeed.

Reading your posting in this thread is pain, too. I hope it's just this only topic that you are unbearably delusional and brainwashed on.

So you agree with the parody of Bush?

The fact that he tried to address drug coverage for seniors, increased education spending 3 fold, pushed the misguided NCLB law, lobbied for billions for Katrina victims, visited the place over a dozen times, and sent the biggest ever aid package to Africa for AIDs all points to the black-hearted visions of Hitlar and Stalin?

On top of that he was "an illiterate MORAN" that was a maniacal genius that tricked the world into Iraq.

pfft - put down the pipe

Yeah nothing says special needs like degrees from Yale and Harvard.:wink:

Would that include all the money he sent to Africa to combat AIDs?

People like to call Bush an idiot because he wasn't a good public speaker and he has a redneck accent. None of those make someone an idiot.

People like to call Bush an idiot because he wasn't a good public speaker and he has a redneck accent. None of those make someone an idiot.

I read something once that suggested he had a form of dyslexia where the brain doesn't function what it hears, but what it was intending to say (don't remember the exact name of it).

It was all circumstantial stuff; including that dyslexia was Barbara Bush' pet project, but it would have explained his public speaking.

Bush was the dumbest guy in every room he's ever been in.

Who the F are you kidding. As if anyone EVER has thought of W as an intellectual.

democrats prayers have been answered.

There isn't a single democrat politician considering a run for president who gives two sh!ts if Jeb Bush decides to run. He's so ridiculously a non factor it's not even funny, he'll probably wind up being more liberal then some of the democrat candidates. He'll never win the Republican nomination.

I think the next elections will have the lowest turnout ever

This.

There's a reason why the mainstream media isn't putting him on blast, like Ted Cruz, every story they can. They want him to win the GOP nomination, and praise him the entire way, and then turn on him.... just like they did John McCain.

why would the media put him on blast like ted cruz? lmao. he hasn't done anything like ted cruz, he isn't insane like ted cruz, he didn't shut down the government ala ted cruz, so no, the media should NOT treat him like ted cruz.

as for mccain, honestly you may have a point, but to me where things went bad was when he picked sarah palin, started singing bomb bomb iran, and had people at his rallies foaming at the mouth over their hatred of obama.

i don't think you can blame the media here, you are just completely ignoreing the actions of these people like cruz and in a lesser sense mccain. i think that even steve schmidt would disagree with you there to a certain degree.

So you agree with the parody of Bush?

The fact that he tried to address drug coverage for seniors, increased education spending 3 fold, pushed the misguided NCLB law, lobbied for billions for Katrina victims, visited the place over a dozen times, and sent the biggest ever aid package to Africa for AIDs all points to the black-hearted visions of Hitlar and Stalin?

On top of that he was "an illiterate MORAN" that was a maniacal genius that tricked the world into Iraq.

pfft - put down the pipe

Never spoken to anyone like you. Can I assume you've never traveled outside the "x-ville" you live in? How do you filter all that garbage PR straight inside your head?

Do you know a concept of context and judging information based on that? Are you easily distracted during elections by minor social issues like "gay marriage"?

I just shook off the dubs, but talking to you might get me dubbed up again. I get way too easily upset over boneheaded ignorance.

Given that the state I live in would be a lock for whatever turd the GOP turns out, I'll likely be voting Green even though their economic policies are idiotic. That said, Jeb's a hell of a lot better than any of the other GOP fucktards in discussion.

I'll be voting Libertarian again I'm sure.

Did you vote for Stein the last time around?

This.

There's a reason why the mainstream media isn't putting him on blast, like Ted Cruz, every story they can. They want him to win the GOP nomination, and praise him the entire way, and then turn on him.... just like they did John McCain.

They definitely give Cruz enough rope to hang himself. Most logical people don't want to listen to his religious baffoonery and John McCain is war monger to the ten thousanth degree.

Unfortunately, guys that can rub two brain cells together like Marco Rubio are mostly silenced by the mainstream.

Not that Jeb is the answer, I wouldn't vote for him, but it seems like just with a lot of the politicians that run for president, the media caters to the lowest common denominator. No critical thinking skills required here.

Back