Strong indications that Jeb Bush is going to run in 2016

Yeah nothing says special needs like degrees from Yale and Harvard.:wink:
Bush certainly affected being stupider than those degrees would suggest (even given legacy criticisms). Playing to the general anti-intellectual views common in some portions of our populace is at best unfortunate. Moreover, Bush said and did a lot of really stupid things--more than just the normal gaffes you expect of someone with a mic on them for that much of the time.

It would include the restrictions he placed on one-third of aid monies.
(I don't necessarily agree with the assessment you're responding to anyway though)

Crappy president I'll agree, but I just don't understand the label of black-hearted and not carring.

In my opinion McCain was thrown a bone with the nomination in the first place. No republican had a chance of winning in 2008 (rightly so following 8 years of Bush). McCain then had a large number of serious missteps even prior to picking Palin, which was the icing on the cake. McCain ran a bad campaign, the media isn't to blame for that. The same is true for the Dems and Kerry in 2004 by the way.
True, McCain did run a bad campaign, because he cared what the media thought of him, therefore he never had a chance. The media basically would approve or disapprove of his comments of either him or his staff. To the extreme that McCain fired a staff member for using Obama's middle name in public statement.

The media's mission was for McCain to lose, and they did so with McCain being the sabatour of his own campaign.

The media reporting more on crazy and counter-productive shit that Cruz does isn't an example of anti-Cruz sentiment, it's an example of Cruz being crazy and counter-productive.

The media reporting crazy and counter-productive shit about Cruz, doesn't mean it's crazy and counter-productive, his principles are based on smaller government... which literally no one on the Washington cliche or the mainstream media is in favor of. It's in their best interest to discredit him.

Every story I read, don't watch any of that, discussed the issues Jeb would have given his brother and questioning whether the US would really tolerate another Bush given Dubya.

You've read the stories, I've seen the telecasts. Trust me, they're not exactly upset or alarmed about another Bush running for the White House.

Bush is probably not up to the extremely high standards of American presidents (excluding Reagan), but I'd bet anything that he's in the top 1% or so in terms of intellect. And in terms of black hearts, just in America, we had Nixon not too long ago.

Reagan , Bill Clinton and Bush snr I would say had black hearts. Bush Jnr not soo much, because Cheney ran the WH foreign policy.

Crappy president I'll agree, but I just don't understand the label of black-hearted and not carring.
Best you can say is he was mislead by his own people into pursuing a war on false pretenses. Alternatively he actively pursued war on false pretenses. The former screams unbelievable incompetence, the later might be "black-hearted".
Given the bulk of his presidency, I lean towards gross incompetence.

You've read the stories, I've seen the telecasts. Trust me, they're not exactly upset or alarmed about another Bush running for the White House.

If you're talking about mainstream hard news, why would they be alarmed about any particular candidate running for the WH?

Reagan , Bill Clinton and Bush snr I would say had black hearts. Bush Jnr not soo much, because Cheney ran the WH foreign policy.

I have no idea, really, but Nixon was particularly nasty.

If you're talking about mainstream hard news, why would they be alarmed about any particular candidate running for the WH?

You'll see a the different contrast when Ted Cruz announces a run for the nomination.

True, McCain did run a bad campaign, because he cared what the media thought of him, therefore he never had a chance. The media basically would approve or disapprove of his comments of either him or his staff. To the extreme that McCain fired a staff member for using Obama's middle name in public statement.

The media's mission was for McCain to lose, and they did so with McCain being the sabatour of his own campaign.
This is just ridiculous.

The media reporting crazy and counter-productive shit about Cruz, doesn't mean it's crazy and counter-productive, his principles are based on smaller government... which literally no one on the Washington cliche or the mainstream media is in favor of. It's in their best interest to discredit him.
Or, alternatively, his stunts are crazy and counter-productive. Are you going to defend his most recent stunts which allowed a variety of appointments through for no gain?

Given your stellar assessment of the McCain campaign I guess I'll take your word for it.

You'll see a the different contrast when Ted Cruz announces a run for the nomination.

Not really. The mainstream media love nutball candidates like Cruz. And die-hard partisans do an absolutely terrible job of assessing others' reactions to their favorites (remember all the talk about how liberals were terrified of Ryan as Romney's running mate?).

Really? Three quarters of a million dead Iraqi civilians would beg to differ.
And on home soil, the victims of Hurricane Katrina would also take issue, I'm sure.

[YT]?v=ohaSeCtZLv8[/YT]

This is just ridiculous.

It's very plausible. It's a common theme for Washington Moderate Republicans to care about receiving positive press, and also avoid negative press. The media knows McCain is one of those Republicans, therefore they could play him like a marionette puppet.

Or, alternatively, his stunts are crazy and counter-productive. Are you going to defend his most recent stunts which allowed a variety of appointments through for no gain?
That would require an entire new thread, and I don't have the time or attention to bother attempting someone's mind on something they've already think to be 100% true.

Given your stellar assessment of the McCain campaign I guess I'll take your word for it.

Fine, this I can back up easily

Notice how CNN loves pointing out Jeb is receiving criticism from conservatives. Translation - 'We freaking love anything that pisses conservatives off! Go Bush 2016!'

And the overall tone of the entire report is very fauning..... from CNN... about a Republican.... especially a BUSH. Not exactly required to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out why.

Not really. The mainstream media love nutball candidates like Cruz. And die-hard partisans do an absolutely terrible job of assessing others' reactions to their favorites (remember all the talk about how liberals were terrified of Ryan as Romney's running mate?).

We'll see, and then we'll see again if he gains alot of big donors and his poll numbers are up.

GWB got a black man elected president
therefore
jeb bush can get a woman elected president
in 20 years jeb bush jr will run and get a transsexual atheist elected

I don't get this, GSM? Ted Cruz doesn't stand a chance at winning. Jeb most likely has a viable shot. The Tea Party vote is never going to carry the White House. Never.

We'll see how Cruz does in the debates.

Cruz has alot in common with Reagan, the last Republican to win the White House with two landslides.

It has alot to do with the American people actually listening to the candidates, as opposed to listening to the media coverage of what the candidates.

And you're right, the Tea Party alone isn't enough to win the White House. It requires much more than that, to appeal to the biggest voting block of the American people... the ones that don't. The ones that stay home on election day because they look at each choice as two sides of the same coin.

Hillary or Jeb? Might as well be asking the American people to vote for one of these.

3r6vnq.jpg

And you're right, the Tea Party alone isn't enough to win the White House. It requires much more than that, to appeal to the biggest voting block of the American people... the ones that don't. The ones that stay home on election day because they look at each choice as two sides of the same coin.

Non-voters are much more left-leaning than voters, though. The more people who usually don't vote come out, the worse it would be for a right-wing extremist like Cruz.

Non-voters are much more left-leaning than voters, though. The more people who usually don't vote come out, the worse it would be for a right-wing extremist like Cruz.

(Sigh) Jack, you're an intelligent guy. I don't have to spell it out for you.

Jeb running could hurt Christie. Could be really problematic if only one hard right type runs but the filed looks like it's going to be huge this time around with a lot of the A-Listers running (which is usual vs non-incumbent President election).

Dems will have a coronation for Hillary who will have the Clinton connection war chest and Obama owes Bill as well for his 2012 campaigning as well, so his donors will be worked over to donate the max as well. Hillary could be sitting on 1B+ warchest while the eventual GOP nominee will come out broke and muddied from the hard fought primary.

Sort of a morbid prediction, but I can see George HW Bush dying soon and Jeb giving the emotional eulogy and together with the celebration/honoring the life of George HW, will give a good push to the Jeb candidacy.

Interesting that Jeb is running when Portman already is as well - given he's George W. Bush loyalist, you'd think he would have been tipped off of Jeb's run. Portman nas no chance at winning the nomination though, maybe he's running just to get his name out OR he could be Jeb's eventual running mate. It would be a Florida/Ohio ticket which is HUGE advantage in both must-win States for the GOP. Jeb would surely carry Florida, Portman wouldn't be a lock to carry Ohio though. I could also see Hillary tabbing Ohio's other senator Sherrod Brown as her running mate.

Jeb running does have to mean Rubio isn't though. Marco would need Florida in the primaries to give him the initial boost, without it he'd be toast early. Jeb will likely win NH and Florida, Iowa will go with the hard right candidate as will S.Carolina - the field could actually whittle down quickly if that happens.

Who else is running/rumored for the GOP - Portman has announced, Christie still have to be strongly considering it as well, Mike Pence in Indiana? Paul Ryan give it a go? Rand Paul? Ted Cruz? Susana Martinez? Kelly Ayotte? Rick Snyder? John Kasich?

What's all of this talk about McCain? I thought it was a given by now that he was a sacrificial lamb thrown in to witness the inevitable win the Democrats had coming. I mean, Reagan himself could rise from the grave with Jesus as his running mate and it still wouldn't be enough to overcome how alienated of a nation Bush left behind plus the Obama hype train.

Back