Strong indications that Jeb Bush is going to run in 2016

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by MicroBrew, Jan 1, 2015.

1. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

Look he might make a decent President but I am still against the presidency being monopolized by 1 or 2 families; we aren't a friggin 3rd world country FFS. Same applies to Democrats.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/01/jeb-bush-board-posts_n_6403004.html

2. Ippwnage

Ippwnage Banned Banned

democrats prayers have been answered.

3. Like A Bas

Like A Bas Brown Belt

God a part of me wants so badly to see a Bush Clinton runoff. Just for the insanity it will breed. I wouldn't dare vote for either.

4. UpaLoompa

UpaLoompa Grand Quasiprophet of the Sakaran Apocolyps

Given that the state I live in would be a lock for whatever turd the GOP turns out, I'll likely be voting Green even though their economic policies are idiotic. That said, Jeb's a hell of a lot better than any of the other GOP fucktards in discussion.

5. GearSolidMetal

GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

This.

There's a reason why the mainstream media isn't putting him on blast, like Ted Cruz, every story they can. They want him to win the GOP nomination, and praise him the entire way, and then turn on him.... just like they did John McCain.

6. Like A Bas

Like A Bas Brown Belt

So far I agree about Jeb as far as being at least competent. I'll take a look in a few months when it heats up. I could live with a moderate Republican, provided he's not a crook. They need somebody with the balls to lead the party back to sanity, rather than one who looks to further fracture politics.

7. UpaLoompa

I think it is funny to hear people talk about the media turning on McCain. As far as I can recall, that turn just coincidentally occurred when McCain picked an idiot for a running mate (before you go there, Biden is a goof but not an idiot).

As for Jeb, your argument also doesn't make a lot of sense. Cruz getting the nomination is pretty much a lock for the democrats because he's too crazy for independents/swing voters. Cruz would mobilize those voters against him. Jeb takes some of them and doesn't rile up the rest. If the media were manipulating this for democrats I'd think they'd want Cruz to get the nomination.

8. HugeMember

HugeMember Stupid F*cker

Anther "Bush" in the WH. Just what the world fucking needs.

9. Madmick

Madmick Cerebrage Staff Member Senior Moderator

I don't get this, GSM? Ted Cruz doesn't stand a chance at winning. Jeb most likely has a viable shot. The Tea Party vote is never going to carry the White House. Never.

10. cocksure

cocksure Silver Belt

W. was probably the biggest war mongering idiot to ever govern a country, how he got re-elected is beyond the comprehension of most.
    American politics is simply how much money and spin you throw behind any particular person, so Jeb Bush stands as good a chance as any.

11. DeJulez

DeJulez Silver Belt

People who hate on Bush hardcore and people who hate on Obama hardcore are some of the worst people ever, but I still put them higher on the respect list than any Brit in history....

12. UpaLoompa

Yeah, I've no idea how he's holding that rationale.

13. second sight

second sight Reversing Submissions from Father Time

If he runs I hope its as a democrat

14. cocksure

cocksure Silver Belt

Well Sir, that makes you an idiot.
    Obama has intelligence and personality, given. Bush on the other hand, was a half a step away from a special needs school and had the blackest heart of any western leader since Hiltler.

15. UpaLoompa

A sentiment that swings the betting odds in favor of democrats.

16. GearSolidMetal

GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

Nope, it was clear that the media turned their backs on McCain right after he won the GOP nomination. They didn't want any possibility of an old crusty white guy moderate to endanger the chances of their token black guy ultra liberal of not winning the White House.

Lets be clear, the mainstream media are essentially democrat journalists, they do what's best for the cause, and they view Jeb as a moderate big-government pro-illegal immigration Republican. If for aome reason they can't sell the public on Hillary, it's best to have Jeb in the White House than a conservative like Ted Cruz.

Check out any of the televised reports on CNN, MSNBC, ABC, & etc for when they reported Jeb Bush was seeking out the possibility of running, which was around the middle of December. The last thing you hear was derision and disgust for the idea of another Bush in the White House for another 4 or 8 years. Which is surprising, since they have no love lost for his brother.

17. UpaLoompa

In my opinion McCain was thrown a bone with the nomination in the first place. No republican had a chance of winning in 2008 (rightly so following 8 years of Bush). McCain then had a large number of serious missteps even prior to picking Palin, which was the icing on the cake. McCain ran a bad campaign, the media isn't to blame for that. The same is true for the Dems and Kerry in 2004 by the way.
    The media reporting more on crazy and counter-productive shit that Cruz does isn't an example of anti-Cruz sentiment, it's an example of Cruz being crazy and counter-productive.

Every story I read, don't watch any of that, discussed the issues Jeb would have given his brother and questioning whether the US would really tolerate another Bush given Dubya.

18. PainIsLIfe

PainIsLIfe Gold Belt

Yeah nothing says special needs like degrees from Yale and Harvard.:wink:

Would that include all the money he sent to Africa to combat AIDs?

19. UpaLoompa

It would include the restrictions he placed on one-third of aid monies.
    (I don't necessarily agree with the assessment you're responding to anyway though)

20. Jack V Savage

Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog Platinum Member

Bush is probably not up to the extremely high standards of American presidents (excluding Reagan), but I'd bet anything that he's in the top 1% or so in terms of intellect. And in terms of black hearts, just in America, we had Nixon not too long ago.