Strip him... Cormier vs gus for the title!!!!

so what are the chances that NSAC does this CIR testing on a regular basis?
this Dr. sounds like she is saying most commissions don't use the test.

sidenote query: what is the diff between WADA & VADA?

Probably very slim.

Considering the results, no question they need to in this case. If you read the full article, this is from the NSAC who is endorsing this viewpoint in expanding their testing.

The Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA)

The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)

You all have me rolling in laughter "lets just go with what the evidence suggests" f*k other factors like diet, supplements herbal or chemical, medication....?

You are right, I typed to quickly

coke no.. <--- I think recreational drug use alone should not be criminalized.

...but evidence suggests Jones was taking PEDs... CIG should be done, and if it indeed shows what the current results strongly suggest he should lose it.

Nothing in what you quoted indicates that the NAC has authority to do it in this case. And that's all I'm asking. I'm not saying CIR testing is bad, or that it shouldn't be the mandatory norm. I'm 100% only wondering whether the NAC has the authority to perform supplemental/additional tests Jones' sample now in this specific case.

The stuff you quoted is all about VADA testing. This wasn't VADA testing, was it? Isn't VADA a private company and athletes would go to them and then, yes, they'd consent to all that. My understanding was that this was the NAC performing an out-of-competition test using WADA guidelines.

When I click the link, it takes me a different article, btw. That article starts with this:

So there, it seems there was specific consent given for the additional testing procedures. But that seems to have been a special situation, and I don't know if that same consent is given for any other fighter submitting to a random urine test. It could be, I just don't know.

I'm honestly not trying to argue with you, as I haven't seen anything to say they CANNOT do it either.

Eh... that's weird regarding the link. Lemme recheck it. Don't know why it redirected.

LOL. My bad. So many tabs trying to cover this stuff. Got a bit mixed up. Fixed it.

Link

And thats about as much as I can get from media, but I can just link you straight to the NSAC rules and you can dig through that if you wish. I don't have the time to search through it, feel free. I don't see any evidence to suggest otherwise of them further testing a sample they ALREADY collected.

NSAC full documents:

CHAPTER 467 - UNARMED COMBAT

CHAPTER 467 - UNARMED COMBAT (B)

Drug Testing Memo

Eh... that's weird regarding the link. Lemme recheck it. Don't know why it redirected.

LOL. My bad. So many tabs trying to cover this stuff. Got a bit mixed up. Fixed it.

Link

And thats about as much as I can get from media, but I can just link you straight to the NSAC rules and you can dig through that if you wish. I don't have the time to search through it, feel free. I don't see any evidence to suggest otherwise of them further testing a sample they ALREADY collected.

NSAC full documents:

Drug Testing Memo

I was kinda hoping I could frustrate you into doing all the work. :)

Link

NSAC full documents:

Drug Testing Memo

thanks for all the info.
I also just realized you are also from HI(where I was born), Aloha.

I was kinda hoping I could frustrate you into doing all the work. :)

I would, but I'm pretty occupied.

thanks for all the info.
I also just realized you are also from HI(where I was born), Aloha.

Cheers!

And...

1465537-hilo_hawaii-hilo.jpg

Well, here's our answer:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/8...on-head-jon-jones-testosterone-clean-prior-to

Some online medical experts have called for Nevada to perform the carbon isotope ratio test on Jones' samples to determine whether there was any synthetic testosterone, an anabolic steroid, in his system.

And according to Bennett, they did. He told MMAFighting.com on Thursday that the CIR test was conducted on all three Jones urine samples, and there was no presence of synthetic testosterone.

"His urine samples were tested, and according to our doctor he doesn't have a concern with the results of the urinalysis test at this time," Bennett said.

I guess they did have consent. :)

More like winner of Gus/Rumble to face Cormier for the belt.

Honestly I'm surprised coke is not on the banned list and Jones is not being stripped. The whole thing sucks because Jones is the best, but testing positive for blow just before a fight is reckless because it doesn't stay in your system very long.

Honestly I'm surprised coke is not on the banned list and Jones is not being stripped. The whole thing sucks because Jones is the best, but testing positive for blow just before a fight is reckless because it doesn't stay in your system very long.

You're surprised Vegas doesn't check for cocaine?

Back