Striking stats Jones - DC disparity

Gregoire1

дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота
@purple
Reaction score
Explain me please one thing. During the fight I saw two times official UFC strike counting.

First, after 3 rounds according translation DC was ahead: 81/178 landed vs 81/132 for Jones.

Second time, 3:25 remaining in the 5th, Jones had 109/172 and DC - 98/207.

Now, we go to fightmetrics, UFC, espn stats after fight (they all are equal) and we can see:

after 3 rounds

Significant strikes: Dc - 51/141, Jones - 65/ 134 total strikes: DC - 63/156, Jones - 77/147

After 5 rounds

Sig. strikes: DC - 58/165, Jones - 92/178. total strikes: DC - 78/191, Jones - 126/215

How could you explained it? What was the numbers during the translation?

Jones eyepoked the people counting the strikes

More like the opposite - fightmetric numbers were changed to justify scoring. The same happened after Jones-Gustafsson fight (see this article). As for the article, it's perfectly real and can also be proved with actual numbers shown on screen and comments from Rogan & Goldberg during the fight (in the third round and immediately after the fifth round). I can elaborate this into a detailed explanation with screenshots from the fight and transcriptions of what Rogan & Goldberg said, if someone isn't convinced.

It would be very interesting if you will elaborate,please... hard to believe.

I believe that it's just that when they re-watch the fight and they can pause and return they'll see things differently. It's just more easy and accurate to do it later, so that would explain the differences.

I believe that it's just that when they re-watch the fight and they can pause and return they'll see things differently. It's just more easy and accurate to do it later, so that would explain the differences.

Its still interesting how they always add a lot of strikes to Jones and take a lot of strikes away from his opponent.

Its still interesting how they always add a lot of strikes to Jones and take a lot of strikes away from his opponent.

Yeah, don't know why it's better for Jones. I never compared these stats so I wouldn't know. Only other time I heard about this was in the Gus fight, but since people always bitch about Jones I didn't read too much into it.

Will wait for the detailed explanation of M Raid K.

It would be very interesting if you will elaborate,please... hard to believe.

Okay, as requested, here is a detailed transcription of what was shown during the fight in comparison to current Fightmetric statistics.

Goldberg: "Statistically, he [Gustafsson] has the lead" - 2 minutes into rd 4
Fightmetric: for 4 rounds* Gustafsson landed 110 sig str, Jones landed 86 sig str, so Fightmetric is likely right.

Goldberg: "[Jones has] kicking advantage. But in overall strikes it's Gustafsson" - 2:10 into rd 4
Fightmetric: see previous line; for the whole fight Jones landed 53 leg kicks against 14 for Gus, so Fightmetric is likely right

Goldberg: "Over 120 significant strikes landed by the challenger [i. e. Gustafsson]" - 2:30 into rd 4
Fightmetric: for 4 rounds Gustafsson landed 110 sig str, 2:30 into rd 4 it would have been something like 100. So Fightmetric number are lowered here.

Goldberg: "Head strikes landed: Jones - 18, Gustafsson - 88" - 3:46 into rd 4
Fightmetric: Gus landed 46 head strikes for 4 rounds. Once again, Fightmetric numbers are notoriously lower than those shown during the fight, like twice lower. But there's also a new trend: Jones landed 38 head strikes for 4 rounds, higher than shown during the fight. So not only someone decreased Gustafsson's numbers, but someone increased Jones' numbers as well.

Goldberg: "[Gustafsson] landed nearly 200 significant strikes" - immediately after rd 5
Fightmetric: Gustafsson landed 110 of 288 sig str. You see, twice lower again.

Addition: a screenshot of "Head strikes" graph:
NQmyVSk.jpg

So as we see, the numbers given during the fight are very different from current Fightmetric numbers. But they are, in fact, matched very well with numbers shown in this article. 191 of 278 sig str can be absolutely clarified at "nearly 200 sig str".

You may contradict that Fightmetric doesn't use the UFC data and provides original scoring of all strikes. But with any method 191 sig. str. can't turn into 134, just no chance.

/* "For 4 rounds" means that data were collected after the round ended, so I do a little correction (only mentally) to match it with the time when the data were shown.

(P. S. It was the fourth round in which data were shown, not the third. My bad)

I don't see why they would tamper the stats to favor Jones. 99.99% of the viewers don't care for those stats, at least when the fight has ended.

The ones that do care are hardcore fans or journalists, and tampering the stats would just make them seem suspect while not really gaining anything.

They flash inaccurate numbers during the PPV...is normal

They flash inaccurate numbers during the PPV...is normal

Yea hard for you to be exactly right during a live fight. Doesn't really matter to me I just watch the fights and decide who won.

He has the reach for it.

He's too big for the division. He's bigger than HW. His coke makes him longer and with the PEDs, it's just a wrap.

What I want to know is what he does each day of his life, like a detailed itinerary. I figure I could look into that and, assuming he tracks his day in 30 minute increments, I'm sure I can find all manner of evidence of his not being a good guy.

I tried google, but I didn't find his detailed personal diary or itinerary. Crazy. What search do you guys use to get his justifications for his existence??

Back