Striking Review: Faber v. Pulver?

i think jens showed something, even in his standup power/durability; he hurt faber numerous times and he wasn't even being tech sharp or intelligent, but he still got to faber.

more importantly he lasted 5 rounds w/a guy noone has been able to last w/ that has to say something about jens

how sick would a flying knee KO by pulver have been..
faber left himself open to one all night..

Pulver didn't look like a pro boxer. Barely threw the jab, was only looking to throw his straight left. I didn't see any bodywork or decent footwork from jens either. I was very disappointed.

yeah, i wish Jens used the jab more to set up his left hand

Absolutely. Pulver has a lot of miles on him, especially when you think about that fact that he was fighting championship caliber fighters when Urijah was wrestling middle school! Definetly, props for Faber staying on his feet. He kept Pulver confused and slow.

Faber is only 4 years younger then Pulver

Pulver showed something though, he lost the striking but managed to go toe to toe with Faber on takedowns ,scrambles and all around grappling

If his striking gets better he can do great in the 145lb division

I dont think ive ever seen Pulver so slow. It was a frustrating fight to watch because I thought Pulver showed how experienced he was, how good his ring generlship was but he just did not have the athleticism to compete with Faber.

Faber is the fastest striker ive seen in MMA.

Pulver showed something though, he lost the striking but managed to go toe to toe with Faber on takedowns ,scrambles and all around grappling

He may not have shown it in that fight, but he's generally regarded as one of the best strikers at 145.

Pulver's striking isnt going to get any better at this stage in the game.

Back