Striking - progress thread

I'll have to review it now ;):D

EDIT***

Here are the gems I was talking about, this troll is so bad, it's obviously done for comedic purposes, I feel TS here is doing the same thing.

That sounds like bone breaking. The video doesn't do it justice. I think he has a shot, and might be able to survive a round with the p4p king GOAT: Charlie Z

I think you should learn to half way properly fight before showing us footage in a manner that can be interpreted as showing off. There really is nothing to show off yet. Only you can make it something one day.

Train a year solidly regulary then if you´re good try to show it off.

Right now the advice is to actually train at least 5 months regulary, 3-6 times a week.

Also I believe the speed punches are screwed with footage.

Shadow boxing from a clearer angle on a different camera. The footage jumps in places because the camera was slumping on the cusion so I stopped to adjust it. The others were on my phone cam this is on a video camera.

Shadow boxing from a clearer angle on a different camera. The footage jumps in places because the camera was slumping on the cusion so I stopped to adjust it. The others were on my phone cam this is on a video camera.

We already told you.

To someone who knows fighting this is not good.

It´s a pretender look

You are literally spending 90 seconds, that´s half a round, throwing the identical "combo" straight punches, your right doesn´t look like a real power punch like you don´t really throw your weight behind it.

You got no creativity or effective movement, the video is throwing pretended straight combos with no movement then inbetween being like "oh I should move my head a bit" doing headmovement bodymovement in a predictable and stiff manner with no footwork.

The first hook you threw at the begining was real bad.

You threw like 60 same stright punches same set up and mixed in 4 uppercuts and two hooks.

Now I wanna see a video of you sparring.

Also it´s irritating how your energy and body tension seems to come off like you think you´re high level, I would even tell you that you are burning yourself out as you are tensed up intenseely and not realxing .

However good guy for not flaming people for getting "negative" feedback.

Post a video of sparring, can be light parring, I wanna confirm what I think about you as fighter.

What about this Sanchez footage would scream "neophyte" to a neophyte?

Just curious what you think will go unappreciated.

Kinda throws loopy punches "with his hands down"...backhands the double-end bag. His form is quite difficult to explain to the high guard generations.

We already told you.

To someone who knows fighting this is not good.

It´s a pretender look

You are literally spending 90 seconds, that´s half a round, throwing the identical "combo" straight punches, your right doesn´t look like a real power punch like you don´t really throw your weight behind it.

You got no creativity or effective movement, the video is throwing pretended straight combos with no movement then inbetween being like "oh I should move my head a bit" doing headmovement bodymovement in a predictable and stiff manner with no footwork.

The first hook you threw at the begining was real bad.

You threw like 60 same stright punches same set up and mixed in 4 uppercuts and two hooks.

Now I wanna see a video of you sparring.

Also it´s irritating how your energy and body tension seems to come off like you think you´re high level, I would even tell you that you are burning yourself out as you are tensed up intenseely and not realxing .

However good guy for not flaming people for getting "negative" feedback.

Post a video of sparring, can be light parring, I wanna confirm what I think about you as fighter.

My right is about as powerful as it is on the bag vid. I don't think it's good for someone to throw their weight into a punch when shadow boxing, as it can hurt and throw someone off balance.

My hooks are very bad. I've always found it difficult to throw them. My arms don't work well at angles. So I'll admit that. Do you mean the hook at 0:06 or the hook at 0:22. Because I will point out that the hook at 0:22 was actually thrown slowly and thrown with a lean back at the same time, likewise there was a slower one before that.

I've a very limted amount of space there but made an effort to back/forward step slightly. Can't be seen in the vid but there's a chair to the right, a table by my feet and the tv just off on the other side.

You are literally spending 90 seconds, that´s half a round, throwing the identical "combo" straight punches,

"oh I should move my head a bit" doing headmovement bodymovement in a predictable and stiff manner with no footwork.

mixed in 4 uppercuts and two hooks.
okay

I would even tell you that you are burning yourself out as you are tensed up intenseely and not realxing .

I felt very relaxed. I was even burning scented candles and listening to barry manilow after . Honest.

My local gym is currently saying no room at the inn. Last time I sparred was a few months back and I honestly don't have the level of experience to really say whether I'd be good in the ring or not. My first two sparring matches were against super heavies who wailed on me but they didn't knock me out even when I just started jumping into their punches, so in any case I'd be pretty hard to knock out. If I could get the experience and become more adjusted to ringwork I don't see any reason why I couldn't do well. Getting used to having that gum shield in takes a bit of work, and it always slips out of my mouth. I also hate those fucking helmets.

Last edited:
My right is about as powerful as it is on the bag vid. I don't think it's good for someone to throw their weight into a punch when shadow boxing, as it can hurt and throw someone off balance.

My hooks are very bad. I've always found it difficult to throw them. My arms don't work well at angles. So I'll admit that. Do you mean the hook at 0:06 or the hook at 0:22. Because I will point out that the hook at 0:22 was actually thrown slowly and thrown with a lean back at the same time, likewise there was a slower one before that.

I've a very limted amount of space there but made an effort to back/forward step slightly. Can't be seen in the vid but there's a chair to the right, a table by my feet and the tv just off on the other side.

okay

I felt very relaxed. I was even burning scented candles and listening to barry manilow after . Honest.

My local gym is currently saying no room at the inn. Last time I sparred was a few months back and I honestly don't have the level of experience to really say whether I'd be good in the ring or not. My first two sparring matches were against super heavies who wailed on me but they didn't knock me out even when I just started jumping into their punches, so in any case I'd be pretty hard to knock out. If I could get the experience and become more adjusted to ringwork I don't see any reason why I couldn't do well. Getting used to having that gum shield in takes a bit of work, and it always slips out of my mouth. I also hate those fucking helmets.

1) just now seeing your bag work, the power is barely ok and it´s cause you are trying hard not cause you throw your weight into it, let your weight work, so yes you don´t put your weight into it.
Trying hard as in throwing lots of energy into the strikes and nobody can go 100% effort in their strikes over the duration in a fight, and they´re still not hard punches for a boxer.

2) good point bout not throwing power punches into air but you can mimic the technique and "pull out" for lack of better term, if you shadow box with impropeer technique you will fight with it too

3) your body hook combo is atrocious, nobody ever pulled it off, 6-7 body hooks a row with the guard down. Generaly you´re not conscious of your guard when throwing body shots and overal lack it, you are way to hitable

4) your hooks are bad cause you lack experience, need to put time in, I trained 3 months 3 times a week for 1.5 or 2 hours don´t remember it exactly, learning the basics of moving, at the begining literally just walking forward back and to the side like a boxer without punches, my trainer was good for that.

5) regardless of space we or I can exatly tell what you are doing, I´d shadow box different in a small room, it doesn´t change the movement, restrict it only.

6) lol even if you were super tense you can burn candles and listen to music afterwards

7) saying no room at the in - what does this mean ?

8) getting wailed on as begginer by HW boxers sounds BAD. Save your chin and health. Take it slow. Do light sparring till you´re fully conscious of yourself as fighter and ability and then do gradually harder sparring. If you are pointing out you didn´t get knocked out you could have been taking too much damage for a first sparring session.

9) you´re nice and poliet, this is sherdog, I am suprised.

10) yes you can do "well" but depends what you mean. Fight for money ? Fight to win fights ? In any case you can get better. If you can be a pro fighter can only be predicted if you train regulary and then post a sparring video or heavybag vid and actually look good and if after that you train a COUPLE years diligently. Or you just prepare yourself REALLY well and get in peak shape and figure out a style to win, a style hard to deal with. Also what you wanna compete in ? Boxing - no chance too old to be financially well off, too popular sport, you started too late. Unless you´d invest all the time and effort in the world and become a freak athlete heavyweight 6´4 240 all muscle and do 1000 rounds sparring within a few years, as it´s a comperably low talent pool in the HW division.

11) there is a big possiblity that you started too late to be very good and regardless of what you do now will not become a financially successful price fighter. Unless you dedicate your whole life to it and are somewhat talented and smart. Because you look "wrong" now at shadow boxing after a short period of training does not, in my opinion, prove you don´t have talent.

Last edited:
When you throw a hook to the head you first lower your hand deep to create a swing motion, this is wrong, you are open too much. Light sparring will fix this as you will get tagged and figure out you need to keep those hands up.

Now tell me the truth, how long have you been training, what periods, how many hours and times a week and how old are you ? And when did you start.

Maybe you´re somewhat good and talented for the time you have been training, you haven´t stated since when you are training. Maybe I´d recognize talent in sparring regardless of things not learned yet

I´m not trying to roast you.

Also you used to be disabled ? Sounds like you are forcing to get attention for your videos.

And you literally speed up faked being fast, it´s so obvious.

Attention ? You can get it here without the fake things, there´s too many posters on here. And low camera quality videos never get many views on youtube unless it´s something spectacular or funny happening in the video.

I don't mind constructive criticism but that's just my regular speed. The TV sound was on in the background for the last one and I moved slower on purpose at points to show this. I noticed toward the end of that video I let my hand fall away from my shoulder and the jab produced more of a pronounced V shape when facing the camera. The likes of things like that highlight why it's good to create a video and ask for tips because I wouldn't notice that in the mirror, but arguing about camera quality doesn't help. It's just my regular speed.

I feel it' it's disengenuos to say there's zero technique. In one I perform a triple round house with a spinning back fist. Another is a series of combos and the other is more controlled shadow boxing. I don't think it's fairly standard to be able to perform a double round house with a spinning back fist. It could be said that kicks off my left leg look forced or that I spin off balance at times but zero technique is not the word for it. I also feel like I'm not doing proper muay thai kicks because of the reasons I said. But then again I just happened to be doing Muay Thai at the time and it's not really my aim. I'm not fond of the motion behind Muay Thai kicks, they're too heavy for my liking.

I´m not trying to roast you.

Also you used to be disabled ? Sounds like you are forcing to get attention for your videos.

I agree that we're probably being trolled here, but assuming we're not, him being disabled would be relevant to the discussion. I mentioned before that I too was disabled and that did have an impact on my training.

I agree that we're probably being trolled here, but assuming we're not, him being disabled would be relevant to the discussion. I mentioned before that I too was disabled and that did have an impact on my training.

Can you be disabled and od Muay Thai ? I don´t know what about him is disabled

Who said zero technique ?

The camera quality is an issue if you´re trying to "pimp" attention by calling yourself disabled in the title. It was a tip that on youtube it won´t gather views as the recording quality is "poor".

So I went outside and made another video. However there was some background music and youtube added a copyright warning. I couldn't remove the music so I decided to add one of youtube's default audio tracks. I went with a cool 70s jazz theme, The Big Score by MK2 ... the results are giving me ideas. I think we might have passed the point of technique and wandered into a market opportunity here.

Can you be disabled and od Muay Thai ? I don´t know what about him is disabled

Of course you can, at the very least he and I could, it depends on your disability. People confuse disability with something just not working. For example I spent a long time in my childhood years in a wheelchair. I COULD walk but it was extremely painful to after I'd been walking for ten minutes or so. Once my condition started to ease off later on when I got towards 16/17 I started really wanting to train (overcompensating for not being able to do anything other than swim, I suppose)

For me I was able to train, though not without difficulty, and training muay thai actually helped me build up the muscles in my legs that were weak. I won't pretend that it wasn't hard, but my coach (who I refer to quite a lot in my posts) was endlessly supportive and now I honestly wouldn't say that I'm any different from any of the other guys.

The OP said specifically that he had a disability related to his knees. In fighting your knees are generally only slightly bent, because otherwise you'll have trouble moving around (you sink into the ground so to speak) so it won't be as big a deal for him providing his footwork is good and that he's still doing whatever exercises are given to him by his doctor.

I can't pretend like every disabled person ever will be able to train muay thai, because some of us are more fortunate than others. I had to deal with a wheelchair for 10 years, but some poor sods out there are never able to leave. It's completely possible though, we have paralympic judo too.

I mean, this guy is absolutely trolling us, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was being honest about being disabled. There is a lot of misunderstanding about disability, especially in regards to sports. My Doctor would never advise me to do muay thai, but it's what I wanted to do and I don't regret any of it.

Of course you can, at the very least he and I could, it depends on your disability. People confuse disability with something just not working. For example I spent a long time in my childhood years in a wheelchair. I COULD walk but it was extremely painful to after I'd been walking for ten minutes or so. Once my condition started to ease off later on when I got towards 16/17 I started really wanting to train (overcompensating for not being able to do anything other than swim, I suppose)

Pics of you in wheelchair or it didn't happen.

@Yugo King @j123 @Sano @AndyMaBobs @Universal Kombat

I was relaxing over the holidays so didn't respond, but I went outside and did some shadow boxing from clearer angles. As I said earlier youtube picked up music in the background and put in a copyright claim, so I wound up having to shield it with unclaimed jazzy background music. I thought it actually went quite well with it so I made a longer second one below with a bit more humour to it.

I added some screen wipes to go pure blacksploitation ninja. The full clip is closer to 20 mins training footage but made this brief clip for a laugh. You can't say I wouldn't make a bad ass 1970s beat cop though.
@fluffball I told you I wasn't kidding

Last edited:
Back