Strikeforce fighters payed too much?

Strikeforce paid their few stars a LOT because they didn't have much star power. They also don't give out bonuses, PPV cuts, etc.

Strikeforce paid their few stars a LOT because they didn't have much star power. They also don't give out bonuses, PPV cuts, etc.

True. They had to keep their big names happy.

I'd also add the legendary locker room bonuses to that list. The difference between what we see in UFC and SF salaries is that SF is paying these guys everything "up front" (for lack of a better term). The problem with the UFC bonuses is that they are basically incentives and are therefore completely up to the whims of the UFC. In SF you could count on being paid a nice purse, whereas in the UFC you aren't totally sure what you're going to be paid. UFC treats their guys extremely well but if they can afford to hand out these bonuses then they should just increase the fighters' guaranteed pay. I don't like that the UFC can have those "bonuses" hanging over the fighters' heads.

Damn they need to be paid less.

Fuck.

Wait, what reality is this? Bizzaro land?

As for Mousasi, I think UFC will cut base salary and offer about equal as total.
175k/no win bonus → 90k/90k

I'm glad this thread lost the point it started with ridiculously fast...

The point was that these few guys may make too much for the UFC brass, and if they won't take a pay cut Zuffa will probably let them go. Anyone really Zuffa is gonna pay 175k for Mousasi, right or wrong? Hell all these guys deserve a pay raise, but that's probably not gonna happen tomorrow.

Complaining that well-known and highly-skilled fighters are getting paid too much is such a mediocre attempt to be hip.

So I'm curious to see what Dana White and the Zuffa crew will do with fighters like Mousasi who are signed to very large un-Zuffa like contracts in Strikeforce.

For instance at "Marquardt vs. Saffiedine" there were a few guys I would question.

Barnett - 250k
Mousasi - 175k
Gracie - almost 47k base + win bonus
Cormier - 60k + win bonus
Souza - 72.5k + win bonus
Tim Kennedy - 55k + win bonus

These are generally not huge numbers but they are all higher than Zuffa average and in some cases higher than the fighter is arguably worth in comparison to their UFC counterparts.

Cormier, Gracie, and Souza are all almost certainly safe regardless of pay. But what about the others? Would Barnett take a pay cut to stay in the UFC.. almost certainly no, but can anyone else even attempt to pay that much? Is Kennedy worth paying the big bucks? If he is it's only because of his military history, not because he is anywhere near top 15. And Mousasi, hugely unproven and they're expected to pay him almost 200k?

What does everyone else think?

Who in the blue hell are you ?........Who do u think u are questioning a guy like Mousasi ? ....LOL, knee slap....LOL...

Unproven ?...unlike most guys who come to the ufc, Mousasi does have a bunch of credible wins (are u kidding me ?)

Oh yeah...Gegard is a real cage fighter. Mousasi comes to fight and I can't imagine anyone not interested in watching a guy like this.

You probably believe that Lesnar made 400K on his last fight, on in Santa Claus now that we are at it.

I actually believe Lesnar is Santa Claus and that he got tired of all the fat jokes, hit the gym, and decided to beat people up during the off season.

its possible they may drop their wages but usually does that happen moving to the big leagues? usually it goes up doesn't it?

Back