Strikeforce fighters payed too much?

for the millionth time the disclosed pay is irrelevant

in the ufc you could get 50k disclosed pay and get closer to 1 million for the fight. it happens

I think its pretty cool to be honest. I hope zuffa gives some of these guys raises after there performances the other night.

Raises for beat low quality rivals? Or i the case of Nate for lose against him? :eek: I don

Mousasi and Kennedy will probably be thrown in against a guy making comparable money, and if they lose, expect their contracts to be instantly re-negotiated or possibly be released. Look at Jorge Santiago, 2 fights and your out.

This I can definitely see. It's very interesting now that the only major competition is Bellator. Other shows won't pay the same money and Bellator won't pay huge money to more than a handful of fighters.

The guys like Gracie and Kennedy will only get very tough fights even if they lose a couple

Just like Akiyama. It's good to get the best pay in the UFC but it means you don't get any gimmes

They all will get tough fights I just picked them out as they're more likely to lose two on the trot than a Barnett or Mousasi

These fighters are the reason people watch the event. SF has to pay what is necessary to get viewers.

I thought it was interesting to see what their most recent opponents were paid, esp. Cormier and Barnett. Lopsided matches save a lot of money.

For a small time show on Showtime, yeah they are paid too much. Especially Barnett for fighting a nobody. I don't see much profit margin there.

Crazy Barnett got paid more than Cain for each's last fight.

TS: They should be paid like most fighters in UFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6/6k + back room bonuses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!They should get some job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are top dogs son.

Lombard lost to Mousasi and has flat 300k + PPV bonus contract though he isn't fighting on PPV card now.

Barnett is beating anyone in UFC not named JDS,Cain,Overeem,Cormier

and he has legit shot on Werdum he'd own Mir,Nelson struve,Sub Hunt.

Jacare pay is too high!?!??! ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS>?? These guys are training like muthafucka whole year and risking brain injury 72k isn't too much even for low tier UFC fighters!!!!!!!!!AND JACARE IS TOP MAYBE TOP 5 .He is exciting as hell...

Cormier 60k is too high?!?!?!!?? LOLLOL dude is title contender at HW/LHW in UFC......GTFO.

Kennedy. 55k-too much ? No comment.

Gracie- WOW almost 47k.

for the millionth time the disclosed pay is irrelevant

in the ufc you could get 50k disclosed pay and get closer to 1 million for the fight. it happens

Thanks for sharing your knowledge for the millionth time. :rolleyes:

TS: They should be paid like most fighters in UFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6/6k + back room bonuses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!They should get some job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are top dogs son.

Lombard lost to Mousasi and has flat 300k + PPV bonus contract though he isn't fighting on PPV card now.

Barnett is beating anyone in UFC not named JDS,Cain,Overeem,Cormier

and he has legit shot on Werdum he'd own Mir,Nelson struve,Sub Hunt.

Jacare pay is too high!?!??! ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS>?? These guys are training like muthafucka whole year and risking brain injury 72k isn't too much even for low tier UFC fighters!!!!!!!!!AND JACARE IS TOP MAYBE TOP 5 .He is exciting as hell...

Cormier 60k is too high?!?!?!!?? LOLLOL dude is title contender at HW/LHW in UFC......GTFO.

Kennedy. 55k-too much ? No comment.

Gracie- WOW almost 47k.

Please go back to midle school and learn to speak. Then reread the thread and realize I'm not saying they are payed too much, but that Zuffa may not pay them as high. Then stop talking or typing because people around you get dumber when you do "son".

Never understood why people care so much how much fighters get paid? It's NONE of anyone's business but there own. Do you go around telling people how much you get paid?

You are in the publics eye, people are going to want to know these things. We know how much all the athletes make in the major sports world, why not disclose how much people get paid for fights? Not that big of a deal.

lol @ including Cormier, Gracie, Kennedy, and Jacare for being paid too much. Those are modest salaries.

This. There's nothing wrong (or at least high) about those payouts. The UFC has certainly paid out more to far worse fighters.

Zuffa doesn't report all of what they pay a fighter.

LOL that numbers higher than UFC numbers are "too high". That mentality is an immediate fail.

Anyways I won't dwell on the significance of that point but the reasons the numbers are so high is because that's exactly what Strikeforce needed to do to become a real contender to the UFC. Its called business. Anyone who is saying these salaries led to their demise is stupid because these salaries made them legit competition to the UFC and got them bought out.

wow they got paid good but then again it probably contained there pensions just in case!

This. There's nothing wrong (or at least high) about those payouts. The UFC has certainly paid out more to far worse fighters.

Yes, it depends on who you're comparing them to really

My instant comparison was to Benson Henderson who was on 39k up until his new contract the other day

Never understood why people care so much how much fighters get paid? It's NONE of anyone's business but there own. Do you go around telling people how much you get paid?

Real talk it's bo ones business i really don't know why they even post fighters salary's it's just stupid

I was surprised by Kennedy's and Gracie's contracts but not disappointed.

One reason why the UFC needs competition is that if there isn't any then only the very top drawing fighters will make money. Winning will always be important but even fighters who don't win all the time can make good money if they are big draws. Take Chael for example, the dude has won just two of his last four but is probably pulling in several hundred thousand in PPV for every fight and deservedly so. He is entertaining and polarizing which is what a fighter with his record has to be if he wants to remain relevant. But, if you aren't a big draw for the UFC your listed salary isn't so high. Other promotions like strikeforce and bellator compete with the ufc in attracting fighters and are particularly useful for increasing the average fighters' salary.

The top guys like GSP and Anderson will always make tons of money, but the middling fighters are the people who need salary increases. They are good enough to scrape a living while they fight and good enough to have a relatively long professional career (10-15 years) but what the hell are they gonna do after they retire? Not that many jobs for a 35 year old with no other skills besides cage fighting or training cage fighters. The more money they can make throughout their brief pro career the better it is for them after they stop fighting.

Back