Strickland: I’m probably the last person UFC would want as champion

K this guy needs to go he's bad for the sport
How is this worse than hundreds of things other fighters have said? Bunch of pearl clutching Nancies up in here...All you guys calling him a sociopath, lol...look at Jones and McGregor, those guys are way worse than this guy and his one hyperbolic statement about killing an opponent.

tough guy for sure but very limited striking. I dont see him hanging with Adesanya, Whitaker or Costa. When Strickland gets his Ass kicked bad and he will, he wont be talking stupid crap about killing someone in the Octagon. Join the Marines like I did if you think you really want to take a life of some scumbag not another athlete in MMA.

Here the chances are few:
- He's a psychopath;
- He's the King of the Edgelord;
- He's both;

In any case, for me is a NO THANKS!

The day someone dies in a UFC fight is the day MMA is done and over.

You thought the scaremongering from the 90s and early 2000s was bad? Watch what they do when someone dies.

And I think the UFC knows that.

Before some idiots come along telling me that people have already died in MMA, yes, thanks, I know. But never in the UFC. Never on live TV with a million people watching. And yes, the stage makes a difference.

That's right, and Strickland's the first guy everyone wants to KTFO!

How is this worse than hundreds of things other fighters have said? Bunch of pearl clutching Nancies up in here...All you guys calling him a sociopath, lol...look at Jones and McGregor, those guys are way worse than this guy and his one hyperbolic statement about killing an opponent.
Because he keeps saying it. Let’s be honest. Even trained killers have a problem with killing people and he’s wanting to do it for the world to see and while he’s enjoying it. Btw…this isn’t his first statement about wanting to kill someone and it being fun. He’s a nut job. Me personally. I’m not buying his act.

Don't know if what he says is genuine or not. I've only seen headlines or quotes, either way though I don't care. Just based off of his skills though, he's not getting a whiff of that title.

Too many killers at MW.

Weird how frank mir got the 3rd degree for saying he wanted to kill Lesnar in the ring but Strickland gets away with saying the same.

also, Sean isn’t the psychopath he wants people to think he is, I don’t really think he enjoys hurting people. His fight against marshman he seemed ok with cruising and talking to him the last 2 rounds. His scuffle with Orlando he drew a small teep to his gut and immediately attempted to shake his hand and deescalate the situation. It’s wolf tickets…the ppl who would be criminals if it wasn’t for mma is the Diego brandaos, Miguel falcaos, Jeremy Stephen’s, hector Lombards etc.
Facts. He had multiple opportunities to hurt Hall bad and chose to clinch up and hug or take him down

Conor McGregor's accountant would like to respectfully disagree.
He said the dumb shit after he got famous, also some of his previous not so nice things were pre-fight trash, Strickland says a different kind, but you have a point tho.

He said the dumb shit after he got famous, also some of his previous not so nice things were pre-fight trash, Strickland says a different kind, but you have a point tho.
Yeah, I knew when I said it that not all dumb shit is created equally. Conor's dumb shit is an entirely different class and level from Strickland's.

Still, I think we agree overall: "saying dumb shit won't help you in this gig" is, well...a little oversimplified.

Because he keeps saying it. Let’s be honest. Even trained killers have a problem with killing people and he’s wanting to do it for the world to see and while he’s enjoying it. Btw…this isn’t his first statement about wanting to kill someone and it being fun. He’s a nut job. Me personally. I’m not buying his act.
Exactly! Listen to most military or special forces talk from almost any country. They didn’t enjoy it and it haunts them. I’m not patting myself on the back but I’ve seen a lot of death and it’s nothing to brag about or be proud of. Let me clarify. Ive never killed. Just seen. Still has lingering affects.

Saying what he said just confirms what a ham and egger he will eventually show himself to be...

Contenders say: "I'm willing to die in the ring"
Pretenders say: "I want to kill somebody in the ring"

Tell that to Gabe Rueles and Ray Mancini, Sean.
I like Sean a lot, and he's clearly a pretty nice guy . . . . but the "I would love to actually kill a guy in the ring" is a bad look, whether from Conman or Seanman.

Yeah, for a lot of reasons, not just him being mentally challenged. He also rarely finishes fights.

Exactly! Listen to most military or special forces talk from almost any country. They didn’t enjoy it and it haunts them. I’m not patting myself on the back but I’ve seen a lot of death and it’s nothing to brag about or be proud of. Let me clarify. Ive never killed. Just seen. Still has lingering affects.
Agreed for the most part, but different folks, different strokes. I guess I'd add that most *normal* people don't take pleasure in it. And only the most green-horned jar heads think it's "cool" . . . as well as virgin school shooters, and "patriots" who run over protesters because "they were blocking me from my home and family".

Back