Stretch Machine!

tk99

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Anyone heard of a good one? That doesn't break in a month?

Holla!

I've never heard of a stretch machine, period. But right now I can tell you it's either retarded, made up, or a typo.

VFSM-model.jpg

6a00e398aca3d200010110162d0858860c-500pi

Yeah this doesn't look productive.

Buying a stretching machine is like using money as tinder to start a fire. It might work, but there are better ways to accomplish your goal.

I have an interesting response to this, but due to the word "holla" being in your post, I am not going to tell you.

I have seen a couple different in gyms. They involve a pivoting chair with acouple different foot placements and a base onto which the chair is attached. I have used it on occassion and found it to be quite mediocre at helping with stretching. You are better off doing them on your own perhaps next to a wall or something you can hold on.

Wasting money and risking injury if you ask me.

Sounds like they are of limited value. I appreciate the helpful responses.

I have seen a couple different in gyms. They involve a pivoting chair with acouple different foot placements and a base onto which the chair is attached. I have used it on occassion and found it to be quite mediocre at helping with stretching. You are better off doing them on your own perhaps next to a wall or something you can hold on.

My gym has a few of them and for old people they're pretty good. For anyone with any flexibility to speak of they are a waste of money.

Sit on you back with your butt against the wall and your legs up. The weight of your legs is plenty of resistance and if it's not you can just pull down on the insides of your thighs.

I find Yoga to be very helpful and has been very good for a lower back injury as well

I use that stretch chair for one stretch only. It's the one where you put one ankle on your other knee and stretch your glutes.

Any idea how to get this same effect without the stretch chair?

I use that stretch chair for one stretch only. It's the one where you put one ankle on your other knee and stretch your glutes.

Any idea how to get this same effect without the stretch chair?

I can't quit picture this stretch. It sounds similar to some piriformis stretches, so maybe google that...or maybe I'm misunderstanding.

sit indian style except the ankle of one crossed leg goes over the thigh of the other. Make sure both butt cheeks are still on the ground and lean foward if you can.

sit indian style except the ankle of one crossed leg goes over the thigh of the other. Make sure both butt cheeks are still on the ground and lean foward if you can.

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Back