Skullcrushers:
90x7,7,6​
Windmills:
25x10x2 (each side)​
Sledgehammer levering and CoC work for my grip

good read, ya weights/stats are close to mine so good to see ya progress

pork said:
good read, ya weights/stats are close to mine so good to see ya progress
Thanks, I notice you have'nt got a workout log (was gonna see what your routine was like), I reccomend it as it really helps me keep a check on my lifting and set goals. Plus knowing that i have to post my workout makes me train harder so people won't laugh at me :). I'd also say that it really helps to have a written workout log (something I picked up from Urban), just a cheap ringbound A% thing from my local stationers for

as if care if ppl laugh (but i understand! :p), the average person is a fat pleb so remember that it boosts ya morale! :p

Yeh i really should do a log, i just do it off memory, because how could u forget ya best lifts! :p then try match or beat it next time round, but i never get to see a steady progression, i just remember from the time b4.

like i built up to 60 pound dumbell shoulder presses for 6, then the next time i managed to get to 2 sets of 6. So ill remember that and try beat it next time.. pretty poor system :p.

have alot of the same lifts as u press bench skulls, but ya deads are kickin my ass but only started doing real low reps today so ill try catch up! :).

a lot of the time i dont have spotter so have to make do with higher rep ranges like 5-6

pork said:
as if care if ppl laugh (but i understand! :p), the average person is a fat pleb so remember that it boosts ya morale! :p

Yeh i really should do a log, i just do it off memory, because how could u forget ya best lifts! :p then try match or beat it next time round, but i never get to see a steady progression, i just remember from the time b4.

like i built up to 60 pound dumbell shoulder presses for 6, then the next time i managed to get to 2 sets of 6. So ill remember that and try beat it next time.. pretty poor system :p.

have alot of the same lifts as u press bench skulls, but ya deads are kickin my ass but only started doing real low reps today so ill try catch up! :).

a lot of the time i dont have spotter so have to make do with higher rep ranges like 5-6
I have to admit I started with the same attitude towards writing down my workouts and was really suprised how much it helped me to put it all down in words, plus there's nothing more satisfying that putting the weight down and staggering over to your notebook and putting in your last set and getting to write those two wonderful letters next to it "PR".

Keep going at those deads, they are probably the most rewarding lift IMO, especially for martial arts. The reason they're better than most of my other lifts may just be the way I'm set up genetically although I also think its because they are the safest to max out on as long as you watch technique (can't get stapled to the floor/bench by a dead), I train in my garage so I rarely have a spotter, which is why it was the best purcahse I've made in a long time to get myself a powerrack. Its saved me on a couple of squats that got out of groove and yesterday found that if I set it up right and collapse my arch in time it'll even save me from a missed bench press.

i have the joys of a gym with half a million$ of brand new equipment to myself (i go late and its normally completely empty) but no one to hear my screams if i drop the weight ;).

but yer should really start writing stuff down.

i do extra isolation stuff after the big lifts too as also trying to add some mass, and i have heaps of time (university student). The more shoudler work the easy everything else seams to get (i do a day specifically for shoulders as they my weakest link).

Looking good brother. Has your gym filled up due to the New Years Resolution croud? Mine is fucking insane and will be for the next 10 days until the mentally weak leave. The nice thing is that new people flock to the cardio machines and preacher curl area and stay away from my squat rack. :D

Barut said:
Looking good brother. Has your gym filled up due to the New Years Resolution croud? Mine is fucking insane and will be for the next 10 days until the mentally weak leave. The nice thing is that new people flock to the cardio machines and preacher curl area and stay away from my squat rack. :D
Not really, I train in my garage. My cat wandered in the other day while I was squatting and went to sleep on top of my training notebook (you'd have thought the fact I was playing Pantera at ear-bleeding levels would have discouraged her), but I'm not sure she's got any New year's resolutions. I have the same problem with some of my martial arts classes though, bunch of posers turn up because they decided to take up a sport, realise its hard work and then quit in a fortnight. Still, if you find some metro doing curls in the squat rack I'll come and be a character witness at the trial.

Squat Day

Overhead Squats:
20x10
45x5
65x5​
Deep Squats:
110x5
155x5
175x5
210x5 (10lb PR)​
Box Squats:
(bit of an experiment here never done them before but wanted to see how much more I could squat from a wide stance down to parallel)
110x5
265​
Abwheel rollouts(40lb backpack):
2x5​
Metronomes:
2x10​
Sledgehammer levering and CoC#2 work.

A PR wrecking machine.

like ya variation, wonder if ya box squats will have helped you for ya other squats next tiem round.

pork said:
A PR wrecking machine.

like ya variation, wonder if ya box squats will have helped you for ya other squats next tiem round.
Only one way to find out, reckon I'm going to keep these around anyway as the wider stance seems to use more of the hips, so I guess it can help me bring up my weak points.

Pull Day

Deadlift:
200x5
350 (10lb PR)
360x0
360x0 (thought I had this both times but it stalled a few inches shy of lockout)​
SLDLs:
240x3x6​
Pullups:
5,2 (yet again my pullups suck think it might be my bicep strength for some reason)​
Shrugs:
240x6+6+7​
Reverse curls:
75x5​
Curls:
90x5​
Did some Coc\2 work and some overcrushes on my filed HG150.

No specific ab work as they are still sore from friday's rollouts.

i soon as i started doing bicep work my pull-ups got much easier. rather then my arms giving up i can keep going til my back does.

pork said:
i soon as i started doing bicep work my pull-ups got much easier. rather then my arms giving up i can keep going til my back does.
Yeah that was my thinking, my back has'nt been feeling sore after my pullups since I injured my shoulder, don't know why but I suppose my bicep lost more of its strength than my back, weird that my bench press should stick around over a two month layoff but my pull ups disapear. Well I've got a problem and a theory of how to fix it guess I've just got to put in a bit of time and see how it goes.

Press day

Bench:
65x10
155x5
175x5
210x2 (10lb PR)​
Wide grip bench:
110x8
155x6
155x7​
Overhead press:
120x6,4,4​
Skullcrushers:
100x6,5,5​
CoC#2 couple of alternating closes each hand and some sledgehammer levering.

Cut back the bench volume as I was going to add wide grips today, but still managed a PR. Didn't do any specific ab work as my right shoulder is a little stiff, think I slept on it awkwardly, and all my favourite ab exercises require some shoulder involvement.

Pull

Deadlift:
200x5
300x1
330x1
365x1 (15lb PR)​
SLDLs:
240x3x6​
Rack Pulls:
240x6,6,8​
Pullups:
5,5,5,4​
Shrugs:
240x2x7
265x6​
Coils:
2x10 each side​
Hanging leg raises:
2x10​
Grip work:
CoC#2 closes and negatives on the #3, followed by some sledgehammer levering.​

good to see ya bringin up a PR every session.

ya deadlifts increasin at an atomic rate. :). im paranoid about jumping up weights so quick ie. from 330 straight to 365. i go up in like 10lbs increments, or even 5lbs. might give a big jumps a try to see if i can get more weight on.

with your pullups are u maxing out on each set or pacing your self?

pork said:
good to see ya bringin up a PR every session.

ya deadlifts increasin at an atomic rate. :). im paranoid about jumping up weights so quick ie. from 330 straight to 365. i go up in like 10lbs increments, or even 5lbs. might give a big jumps a try to see if i can get more weight on.

with your pullups are u maxing out on each set or pacing your self?
I found if I only went up very conservatively when deadlifting I got completely knackered by the time I was trying to max and ended up being rather halfhearted at my assisstance. I just try to make sure I'm fully warmed up and that my last pull felt really light or I'll only jump a small amount.

I'm not maxing out on my pull-ups I'm trying to pace myself over the three sets. I checked my one set max a few days ago and found I could do ten, but then of course I had'nt just done a whole bunch of deadlifting. I think my pullup ability is coming back buts its just taking its sweet time, probably start adding weight either next week or the week after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back