Strength Training for someone on Vacation?

MarlboroMan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm about to go to make a trip to England in a couple of days and I will be staying there for two weeks. What type of exercises can I do to keep my strength up, if I have no access to any gym equipment?

I know I can do pushups and situps, but how many sets and intervals should I do them for?

Why can't you just drop by a gym?

Why don't you just take those two weeks off??

Why dont you try Bas Ruttens MMA Workout?My job takes me all over the place and I use the workout whenever I cant train hard. It takes very little space to do and will bust your ass at first, take a walkman with you or MP3,IPOD. It works great foe me.

MarlboroMan said:
If I take two weeks off, wont i get weaker upon my return?

It's only two weeks. Enjoy your vacation. When you get back train hard again. You shouldn't notice any loss of strength over a 2 week layoff.

Going on trips along with playing sports, and having a job are all bad for lifting if you ask my Coach.

That's why all I do in my spare time is get high and play video games.

eljabo said:
Why dont you try Bas Ruttens MMA Workout?My job takes me all over the place and I use the workout whenever I cant train hard. It takes very little space to do and will bust your ass at first, take a walkman with you or MP3,IPOD. It works great foe me.

do you know where I could find this workout you speak of?

If I were you I might overtrain a bit by doing a pull/push/legs/off/pull/push/legs and then 2 weeks off to enjoy your vacation and recover. Especially if it may be the first time in England just enjoy it. Other alternatives would be something like bas rutten, I am sure there's a ton of different workouts you can do without access to machines and weights. Never done any but any links from people who have is welcomed.

MarlboroMan said:

You should go on vacation to Holland instead and get the Bas Rutton workout.

Listen to the advice here and enjoy your vacation man. If you feel too much like shit, then go out for a jog or something.

fine u guys, I will be a lazy bum when I go there. I just hate that feeling of "Shrinkage" when not working out.

Maybe I will swim across the English channe...that ought to work my muscles and give me good conditioning.

MarlboroMan said:
If I take two weeks off, wont i get weaker upon my return?

You're lifts might suffer a bit but the break will probably be good for you and after a couple of weeks you'll be right back on track. Don't worry about it so much and enjoy your vacation!!

CarnalSalvation said:
Going on trips along with playing sports, and having a job are all bad for lifting if you ask my Coach.

Sports do fuck with my lifts!!

Why not do some bodyweight tabata intervals? Squats, push ups, sprints.

Great work out all done in about 15 minutes including the warm up and cool down.

MarlboroMan said:
Sherdog shop is where I got mine. or bas's site. basrutten.tv or .com

THis workout is great

I havent worked out or trained mma in over 8 months. But I found a new CHEAPER place and will start again in a couple of weeks..

Anyways, I use the tapes to get me back into fighting shape. when you do them for a while, your stamina becomes great.

Back Bridges, Handstand pushups aganist a wall, 1 legged squats, Hindu push ups, Hindu squats, chin ups will do wonders for you.

Have sex with a British chick. Between the ab crunching effect and the struggle not to get too close to her messed-up grill, it could be quite a workout.

Back