STRELKA / STREET BEEFS / Online Street Fight League megathread

Another "I do not understand how fighting actually works and want every fighter to be just rock em and sock em robots" Thread. If you didn't feel entertained by the fight chances are high you don't pay attention to footworks in general.
Gane did a great job out there and people hating cause he didn't go Don Frye Takayama.

I do believe there are some Derrick Lewis or Mark Hunt types out there in the world who will never step foot in the cage or even a training center. Guys with legit 1 punch KO power and a natural instinct for fighting. If they dedicated their lives to MMA, they could be something.. These Streetbeef guys aren't it..

I think Dana read this post then decided to cut overeem and dosantos

Jesus, no one actually understood what the OP was saying. In no way did he imply these guys were better than anyone on the UFC roster, clearly they aren't. He was making a comment on these guys effort and the heart they show in the fight, and the lack of the same from most UFC heavyweights. Disagree if you want, but at least disagree with the point he was actually trying to make. Christ.

Good scrap.

I didn’t like the standup in R3 or the ref telling them to work in the middle of a sub attempt, but props to those men for fighting a hard fight.

Dude with the legs like Mark Hunt's looks like he's probably part Samoan like him, too.

The use of slow-mo highlight replays after the rounds is the first I've seen it.

Dude with the legs like Mark Hunt's looks like he's probably part Samoan like him, too.

The use of slow-mo highlight replays after the rounds is the first I've seen it.

They both look polynesian tbh

Samoan. I run this branch of streetbeefs. I'm the host/announcer.
Oh, damn, awesome to have you bro!

And it appears I nailed the ethnic visual inspection of our talent.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Who's the dude over Firechicken's shoulder at the 0:12 mark? Is that a pro fighter? He looks so recognizable for some reason.

A V-Neck + Ponytail. MMA is definitely expanding to new demographics.

Finally updated the channel index in the OP.
Cool fight on a random channel involving a Russian Master of Sport in boxing and a Strelka champion. Fight starts around the 6:30 mark:

*Edit*
Finally noticed the watermark now that I'm done watching the fight. Looks like this is the origin. I'll have to add the channel to the OP index:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAeCwHL4T91FKoYiFXHy0-g

Wait, nvm, there's only like 8 videos. This one ends fast and violently. Timestamped to when the action begins:

Turns out I just caught this channel incredibly early. They're already up to over a million subscribers in just over a year. Looks professional with commentators and multiple fights on a card. This one starts off with a bang.

At 5:25, super fast and beautiful KO

Another video of him KO'ing a guy ala Roy Jones Jr but he actually got the KO.

He's back:

I have a serious concern the Russians are better than us, and we just haven't yet recruited their population effectively enough yet to realize it (which is changing with the arrival of the Dagestanis & Chechnyans). The amount of skill and talent I've seen in these makeshift Russian promotions is insane. Between Strelka and Top Dog it seems like the grassroots level of MMA over there is a head above our own. Here's another great fight with two guys who are presented as being very new and inexperienced:

He's back:

I have a serious concern the Russians are better than us, and we just haven't yet recruited their population effectively enough yet to realize it (which is changing with the arrival of the Dagestanis & Chechnyans). The amount of skill and talent I've seen in these makeshift Russian promotions is insane. Between Strelka and Top Dog it seems like the grassroots level of MMA over there is a head above our own. Here's another great fight with two guys who are presented as being very new and inexperienced:

Did you see the one where he got flamed by youtubers cause he went ballistic? He was pissed off at the other fighter for something and youtubers let him have it calling him names. It was against some blonde hair hulk like fighter, smaller in height though.

Did you see the one where he got flamed by youtubers cause he went ballistic? He was pissed off at the other fighter for something and youtubers let him have it calling him names.
No, if you can find it, post it. Their main channel has Close Captioning, now, in like 9 different languages.

Whoever is running this organization is a legit businessman. From the talent to the quality of the video to the organization of the fights on-site to the upload volume/regularity...it's top notch.

Back