Streets of Rage 4 - April 30th 2020

I played as pretty much all characters fairly frequently. The most probably as Blaze, then Axel, then Cherry, then Floyd. What Streets of Rage has always been missing compared to the (in my opinion) superior Final Fight was a Mike Haggar type character. They made the mistake of making their substitute, Max, way too slow. I want a stronger grappler type who isn't so slow that you need a slide as a workaround for walking at a snails pace. I see this issue with fighting games as well often times.

I liked Adam the best overall. He felt the most balanced. I also liked Blaze.

Alex is good but slow. Cherry is fun but too wild. I didn't like Floyd at all.

Man I watched some gameplay and I am garbage in this game. Thought I was hot shit cause I can breeze through Hard mode... I am seeing cats abuse Mania mode with style.

My problem is I am not using their super (defensive and offensive) enough. It burns health but you can get it back. The conservative in me doesn't want to use it but I am watching them play and they use it to avoid damage and/or counterattack. High rish high reward..

Cherry is scary good if you know how to use her.. stylistically amusing to horse around with.

I favor Blaze the most but I haven't messed around with Adam enough. I did pair up with an Adam once online and we wrecked the storymode on Hard easily.

Man I watched some gameplay and I am garbage in this game. Thought I was hot shit cause I can breeze through Hard mode... I am seeing cats abuse Mania mode with style.

My problem is I am not using their super (defensive and offensive) enough. It burns health but you can get it back. The conservative in me doesn't want to use it but I am watching them play and they use it to avoid damage and/or counterattack. High rish high reward..

Cherry is scary good if you know how to use her.. stylistically amusing to horse around with.

I favor Blaze the most but I haven't messed around with Adam enough. I did pair up with an Adam once online and we wrecked the storymode on Hard easily.

Throw are invisible too, but neither throws or your super are invincible at start-up which is trash.

Throw are invisible too, but neither throws or your super are invincible at start-up which is trash.

Well watching high level gameplay it just adds a small amount of skills you need to master. If it was immediately invincible upon startup you just spam the shit out of it and the game would be too easy. that's why when I watch these playthrough I am actually impressed because they have the timing down. they mess up from time to time but in general they've mastered it.

Well watching high level gameplay it just adds a small amount of skills you need to master. If it was immediately invincible upon startup you just spam the shit out of it and the game would be too easy. that's why when I watch these playthrough I am actually impressed because they have the timing down. they mess up from time to time but in general they've mastered it.

Not really. You end with tons of recoverable life afterwards. One hit from a jab due to one mistake (or wonky hitboxes) and it's all gone.

Anyone tried online? I know it's shit-tier atm, but the 2 games I've tried weren't that bad.

Not really. You end with tons of recoverable life afterwards. One hit from a jab due to one mistake (or wonky hitboxes) and it's all gone.

Anyone tried online? I know it's shit-tier atm, but the 2 games I've tried weren't that bad.

Not really what? That this game takes skill to master? These dudes are running and finishing on Mania mode.

Watch this Cherry gameplay in Mania mode:

this player pulls off a 250 hit combo near the beginning of the game. there some stylish combos and moves too. he dodges and parries (using super moves) in and out of enemy attacks.

its got some questionable wonky hit boxes here and there but its generally solid.

Not really what? That this game takes skill to master? These dudes are running and finishing on Mania mode.

Watch this Cherry gameplay in Mania mode:

this player pulls off a 250 hit combo near the beginning of the game. there some stylish combos and moves too. he dodges and parries (using super moves) in and out of enemy attacks.

its got some questionable wonky hit boxes here and there but its generally solid.

Not really about the supers being invincible. And I've seen that already. It's Streets of Rage, not a fighting game. Mania is the most fun to play to me and it always has been.

I played as pretty much all characters fairly frequently. The most probably as Blaze, then Axel, then Cherry, then Floyd. What Streets of Rage has always been missing compared to the (in my opinion) superior Final Fight was a Mike Haggar type character. They made the mistake of making their substitute, Max, way too slow. I want a stronger grappler type who isn't so slow that you need a slide as a workaround for walking at a snails pace. I see this issue with fighting games as well often times.

Max does a lot more damage though. His back throws nearly destroys an entire bar and even his neutral front throw is devastating.

If you want to see a grappler who can get in and do ridiculous damage in a fighting game, check out Potemkin in the newest Guilty Gear. He does about 60% damage with one command grab at the moment. I seriously doubt the developers are going to leave it like that, heh.

Max does a lot more damage though. His back throws nearly destroys an entire bar and even his neutral front throw is devastating.

If you want to see a grappler who can get in and do ridiculous damage in a fighting game, check out Potemkin in the newest Guilty Gear. He does about 60% damage with one command grab at the moment. I seriously doubt the developers are going to leave it like that, heh.
I'm aware that Max does huge damage to compensate for the slow movement. That's kind of my point though. Having characters play differently is no problem of course, i just don't enjoy playing as characters that are too heavily specialized. Good examples of proper strong characters i like in beat 'em ups would be people like Mike Haggar (obviously), Billy from Burning Fight, Oozie Nelson from Rival Turf, Adam from the first SoR or Kassar from Warriors of Fate.

its a cool successor to SoR series. It has it's quirks but not enough for me to dislike it. i dig it a lot

96364542_147470410168785_3066238970078691328_o.png

I bought the game but the characters I wanted to play as were so fucking slow it got on my nerves and I stopped playing.

Is anyone still playing this game? A new patch came out recently. I'm still having a blast playing it.
I plan on going back to it in a bit, its definitely fun , Ive been mixing it up a bit though cuz a buncha stuff went on sale so I picked up a few other titles for cheap.
Was anything new included in the patch or was it just fixing stuff?

Is anyone still playing this game? A new patch came out recently. I'm still having a blast playing it.

The crappy hitboxes/hurtboxes got to the point where after I achieved everything, I stopped playing completely and moved on. I only searched the patch notes to see if the hitboxes on Galsia knives were fixed, noticed that they actually were nerfed, and then closed the tab.

I wanted to play it online with a buddy last night but he wasn’t feeling it and we ended up playing Darksiders Genesis instead. Maybe I’ll do some solo play throughs. Ultimately I really want to unlock Shiva, but I haven’t played since the first month it came out.

Back