street fighting combos

ide use sagats tiger shot over ryus fire ball anyday its fast and can eb thrown at different angles and if they jump over it then hit them with a tiger uppercut

A very timely thread indeed as I came very close to having an 'altercation' with a drunk dude on the weekend.

Discression really is the better part of valour.

theres tons of good combos for the streets but they're all countered by the "lift the shirt, pull out a gun and shoot" tactic.

Step 1- Get wrist control. Step 2- Pull out your gun.
Mugging avoided.

In all seriousness, i'd say use your jab to keep distance, and smack him right in the jewels with a lead groin kick. If he bumrushes you, check hook or counter right. Depending on your skillset, you could also shoot a double on him and power bomb the shit out of him onto concrete, and then beat the shit out of him. Preferably with Pride rules.

Also, if you're going to fight someone, either have your guard up and ready to block, or be the first to strike. I was at a party a while back, and a guy who I knew had told me that he trained Krav Maga; well, he throws his cup of beer into this guys face during some asinine beer- pong argument, and the other guy (who, mind you, is probably 6'7 and pretty built) comes right up to him, they're getting in eachother's face, and BOOM. The huge guy just clocks my Krav Maga acquaintance right in the face, which knocks him down and into a corner; the dude was then hovering over him and dropping bombs onto his face until I went over there and pulled the guy off (not gonna lie, it was to look like the hero because I'd brought some girls to the party).

So yeah, be the first one to strike. Or don't be a loudmouthed/ agressive/ abrasive douchebag, and just practice civil discourse. Unless a guy is swinging right at you or is insulting your master, avoiding a fight is the best health/ legal/ intellectual decision.

touch him with the jab and throw the overhand right properly

I know a good one two combo for a street fight though.

1. Reach into coat and grip pistol

2. Pull it out and dump some shells on that buster

"Touch with the jab" man, it's been forever since I've read that on the forums. Almost brings a tear to my eye.

A good start would probably be to google video search "bas rutten lethal streetfighting techniques"

Also, while I think streetfighting is retarded and dangerous, sometimes it is unavoidable. I have been jumped before and its not like I could just tell them to stop lol. Although I was way overmatched, like 5-6 guys on just me, and also pretty damn drunk, I was able to get away pretty much uninjured ( bunch of weak drunk fratboys). IMO, and I'm still a novice, but I think some countercombos would be good, something like ,bob left under their jab, left hook to the body right shovel to the jaw, left hook. Also push kicking to keep them away, and possibly fake a kick and go for a superman type punch.

Last edited:
well, if you wear rollerblades, you can stylishly fend off multiple attackers with a combo of capoeira breakdancing attacks.

Streets of Rage taught me this

well, if you wear rollerblades, you can stylishly fend off multiple attackers with a combo of capoeira breakdancing attacks.

Streets of Rage taught me this

Doesn't it piss you off that they replaced Skate's "drilling drop kick" special move with some "***gy, running bitch slap" in the third game?

theres tons of good combos for the streets but they're all countered by the "lift the shirt, pull out a gun and shoot" tactic.

That's the thing with Tasmania... no guns... at least since the Port Arthur Massacre

palm strike, gonad kick, throat chop, suplex onto a picnic table. (last move optional)

I would love to see someone get suplexed onto a picnic table. For more hilarity it should be on a picnic table been used by a family actually having a picnic.

If you're lame enough to go on Sherdog asking for 'street fighting combos', you're already fucked.

Just take your beating as best you can and try not to let any women see you cry.

If you're lame enough to go on Sherdog asking for 'street fighting combos', you're already fucked.

Just take your beating as best you can and try not to let any women see you cry.

This is probably the most practical advice. More over, if you're aware that you're about to be in a street fight, and you have time to log on to Sherdog and ask a question about it, it probably doesn't need to happen. Lock your front-door and don't go outside: the hurt is out there.

you just have to ask yourself: "what would a ninja do?", and the answer to that you do.

The whole "run" or "let the police handle it" or "don't get into the fight" are the PC answers of course.

Oddly enough the guys that give these types of recommendations are the very same ones that will not back down in a pre-fight situation. Especially when ego's are involved.

If you get to the point where a fight is eminent and you know that there's no getting around it...that's where you have to start thinking strategically. There is no "street fighting combo" or "best" technique, because "street fights" have far more unknown variables. There could be a knife lurking, there could be friends about to jump in, there could be charges pressed against you even if you "win" the fight.

It's like when you race motorcycles...it looks great on the track, but trying to do it on backroads is FAR more dangerous and likely to get you hurt.

Surprisingly accurate analogy.

I was the guy who wore the big padded suit at our gym's womens self defense class. In any case, just asking women to attack someone in a 'street' situation involves kicks and knees to the groin and that's about it. Even through the padding, ice was required.

Back