STREET FIGHTER V-v6:CE - 2020 Summer Update. Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira and ??? Join the cast.

Oh @Swing and @Thunderhead, I would also recommend learning 1 to 2 frame kills. I can’t tell you how good those are for corner knockdowns. When Young Zeku does a MP Palm in the corner, immediately after I’ll toss out a st.mk which will leave me + enough to beat a 3f with my Cr.Mp. Those are not only great tools to have but they feel great when you nail one.

Sagat's jab is +4 on block, so he has an easy frame trap with jab > mp. Mp is +2 on block, so mp. > mp. works against 4-frame characters as a frame trap. I've started shimmying more often after a meaty jab, but the issue with Sagat is that he doesn't really have setups after a knockdown so the situation doesn't come up that often. His best combo ender for knockdown pressure is medium tiger knee, but if they back roll you don't get anything because of the spacing. So he really doesn't get much outside of the corner.

So if they back roll and you perform the right Tiger Knee I’m guessing your cr.hp won’t beat it out? Too slow? Shimmy is a great idea with Sagat as is the tick throw setups I think. I’d have to watch more Sagat’s play. Automattock has a Sagat guide I think. Have you looked at that?

So if they back roll and you perform the right Tiger Knee I’m guessing your cr.hp won’t beat it out? Too slow? Shimmy is a great idea with Sagat as is the tick throw setups I think. I’d have to watch more Sagat’s play. Automattock has a Sagat guide I think. Have you looked at that?
Yeah I gave it a look. I've watched his stream a lot too, so I have a pretty good idea of some of the things I can still add to my game.

The biggest thing is probably taking the time to watch replays and learn the rest of the casts frame data.

Yeah I gave it a look. I've watched his stream a lot too, so I have a pretty good idea of some of the things I can still add to my game.

The biggest thing is probably taking the time to watch replays and learn the rest of the casts frame data.

That’s pretty much it. Knowing which moves are punishable is important and knowing when someone is poking with lights that they’re looking for a frame trap. Also not reaching out for moves you know are punishable that you can’t get to because of pushback. Mika’s st.hp is a perfect example of that. You know you can punish it, but the pushback is so strong that looking to counter poke can get you into trouble. @Thunderhead kind of does that with Ed’s st.hk into cr.mp.

I honestly feel bad for the purchasers of this discount. They will feel the wrath of the Capcom Business Model when the game goes f2p shortly after. Anything for a penny.

End the deal with sony, make it available on all systems, cross platform, fix netcode

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals. I hope 2019 makes all of your wildest dreams come true.

Not a bad take here. I can see them slowly dropping SFV for SFVI to make sure a release happens right around PS5’s drop. If SFVI is in work, I wonder who the battle director is for the game. I still think it’s pretty early to start development on SFVI, but what do I know. Let’s just hope it’s an exciting move to something new without ads.

I sold the game awhile ago during a good trade in deal with plans to buy the game back on sale, and see it's only $9.99 Canadian right now.. but it's only the base game and I only unlocked a few characters with the terrible FM payouts and don't want to spend too much real money to get the new characters.

I sold the game awhile ago during a good trade in deal with plans to buy the game back on sale, and see it's only $9.99 Canadian right now.. but it's only the base game and I only unlocked a few characters with the terrible FM payouts and don't want to spend too much real money to get the new characters.

With the way fight money is now earned, it’s not worth picking up the game. The base game will give you Arcade Edition for free but each character costs $100k FM and that’s an insane grind. I have no idea how you would earn it now but it could take months. With S4 not being announced and rumors swirling that SF6 will be announced at EVO, I’d hold off for the possibility of the game going f2p.

Will Capcom push USFV:AE to the PS5 or will they just kickoff with SFVI? With SFVI they can use the lifespan of the PS5 for their ‘game as a service model’. If they decide to continue support for SFV on the PS5 it could upset fans if they release SFVI a year into PS5’s lifecycle.

I hope eventually the CPT consists of more than one Capcom IP.

For the first time, I'm watching Xian stream; and it's sorta blowing my mind. He likes talking shit way more than I thought.

His stream came up with a system for developing a tier list. He assigns points to certain tools (characters with a 3f button get 3 points for example), and then just orders the characters based on their total points.

Last edited:
For the first time, I'm watching Xian stream; and it's sorta blowing my mind. He likes talking shit way more than I thought.

His stream came up with a system for developing a tier list. He assigns points to certain tools (characters with a 3f button get 3 points for example), and then just orders the characters based on their total points.

Yea, I’ve caught his stream a couple of times and it’s pretty funny. He is great at calling out reads before they happen.

I JUST remembered this from Aris talking about it after beating DJFFNY. The stream is already on.

Last edited:
I'm finally back into gold, but the weird thing is that I got there by playing 4 gold players and one silver, and the silver player is the one who gave me the most trouble. There's at least one match where I had the advantage of some favorable lag though, so I don't know how that one would have gone under ideal conditions.

I don't really feel like I played any better; I just got lucky that all I ended up playing were guys who liked to jump at ranges that I'm ready to aa from, and the Blanka and Birdia player liked using their half-screen command grabs way too often. Now I just need to keep it up and see if I can actually make it to super gold.

I'm finally back into gold, but the weird thing is that I got there by playing 4 gold players and one silver, and the silver player is the one who gave me the most trouble. There's at least one match where I had the advantage of some favorable lag though, so I don't know how that one would have gone under ideal conditions.

I don't really feel like I played any better; I just got lucky that all I ended up playing were guys who liked to jump at ranges that I'm ready to aa from, and the Blanka and Birdia player liked using their half-screen command grabs way too often. Now I just need to keep it up and see if I can actually make it to super gold.

Just curious, do you buffer your DPs or just do them on reaction?

Back