STREET FIGHTER V-v6:CE - 2020 Summer Update. Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira and ??? Join the cast.

So I guess Gief takes 50% less health damage while he's flexing now (I guess it's true for armor generally); I think that makes up for the fact that armor moves no longer protect from death. Half the reason the big boys can be scary is that they have a huge health pool.

Kage is pretty cool but his neutral is garbage. Definitely needs some help there.

Attention all Sherdog SFV players:

I have set up a Discord channel in order to facilitate communication and matchmaking. If you want the invite link, you can reply to this post or send me or @SwamiLeoni a PM.

Last edited:
Kage is pretty cool but his neutral is garbage. Definitely needs some help there.
Automattock was thinking his vskill might be his way in. I dunno though. Represent it too much, and it's easy to react to.

Last edited:
Attention all Sherdog SFV players:

I have set up a Discord channel in order to facilitate communication and matchmaking. If you want the invite link, you can reply to this post or send me a PM.
I'll take one. Probably won't drop in today because I've got to be up at 5:30. Matches were fun though, as always.

I may have to rethink the VT2 option after seeing this.

Well that’s not good. It almost seems like they’re slowing down support for SFV. It’s BS that they string their fan base along with 3 season passes and then on the 4th season they’re all “we’ll give you guys updates some time in the future!” I’d like to believe Capcom has something up their sleeve but that is highly unlikely.

S4 might be SFV’s curtain call ending support before the 2020 date they gave us.

So here are a few different options that people have laid out for the reasoning behind Capcom’s latest SF tweet regarding S4.

1. Capcom is testing the waters to see if people would pay individually for characters over a season pass. They may want to collect this data for SFVI to see if it’s a worth wild business opportunity. This is something @Thunderhead and I discussed a little bit last night.

2. New characters can be obtained via loot boxes (Menat’s game) or through purchase. This may lead into the f2p model.

3. Capcom just isn’t finished with S4 and announcing the S4 roster puts them in a place of commitment. Knowing how vocal the SF community is, if Capcom doesn’t adhere to their release plan they would face some major backlash from the community.

4. Only a few characters (less than 6 or even 1) will be released in S4 with support for SFV ending early.

5. And of course, I still think they could possibly release Story Mode v2 with the S4 roster in it but for individual purchase only.

I agree with many people that Capcom just does not have the pulse of the community correct. They did a fabulous job with announcements recently (AE & EVO) and then completely dropped the ball with Capcom Cup. I don’t know if it’s a culture thing or not, but they could have done a better job announcing future plans at their largest and most important tournament of the year. They made fans skim through their words to confirm other characters are coming instead of showing Kage and saying something like “Stay Tuned for More Character News!”

The ads are a whole other topic of conversation. Quite possibly Capcom’s biggest blunder since the launch of the game.

To give anyone here some form of hope, this was posted by a Reddit user and IMO holds some weight. The SF dev team was busy in 2018 and a lot busier than I gave them credit for before I read this.

“Keep in mind, they released SEVEN characters within a year...released two of those characters at the same time...fixed input lag...developed arcade cabinets with multiple location tests...patched the game THREE times...created a billion costumes...added Dojo functionality...all while running the biggest FG tour in the world for the 3rd time, with more than $600,000 on the line.

And, CPT 2019 is already confirmed, so they're still working even NOW.

They've been VERY busy this year. They straight up never stopped working on this 3 year old game. So, I can imagine their next wave of content being unfinished at the moment.”

Ranked can be so odd at times. I beat a couple of gold players, took at least one game off some others, but I lost to a barely super silver Sagat that I'd never lost to before. And he wasn't doing anything dumb either; he just outzoned me and pressed buttons at the right times when I was trying to get in.

I feel like a lot of gold players still rely too much on their 3/4 or full screen gimmicks to get in. I guess the reason they're ranked higher than some of the silver players is because they have better punishes on deck and they typically don't drop their combos, but their neutral is often actually worse.

DuvzVvnUUAEs1hw.jpg%3Alarge

@SwamiLeoni

Com'n now, you know this has happened to you before. Lmao

Ranked can be so odd at times. I beat a couple of gold players, took at least one game off some others, but I lost to a barely super silver Sagat that I'd never lost to before. And he wasn't doing anything dumb either; he just outzoned me and pressed buttons at the right times when I was trying to get in.

I feel like a lot of gold players still rely too much on their 3/4 or full screen gimmicks to get in. I guess the reason they're ranked higher than some of the silver players is because they have better punishes on deck and they typically don't drop their combos, but their neutral is often actually worse.

For the most part this is correct. I don’t see a big difference between Ultra Silver and Gold’s much anymore. The better your fundamentals are the easier it is for you to rank up. I dropped a significant amount of points playing in Ranked with Kage this week but stayed in Super Gold only because of my Ryu experience. I went back to Zeku and climbed back up pretty quickly. During that time I played a lot of lower ranked Gold’s and there were plenty of matches I didn’t even use 1 EX bar.

When you start getting into the Ultra Gold / Plat level you have to start being conscience of frame traps and hitting buttons. Frame Traps will carry you into the higher ranks. So depending on if you’re playing a 3f or 4f character, you have to have those on deck and often times have more than one to layer your offence. Rotating between your frame traps and tick throws will open up a whole other world for you.

For instance, Young Zeku’s tick throw is cr.lp xx throw. Do that a few times to condition your opponent to tech and then blow them up when they go for a throw. You can set the dummy up to practice that. The next thing I would work on is knowing your KDA or Knock-Down Advantage. How + are you after specific combo knockdowns? After I finish with Young Zeku mp.palm, I know I’m + enough that I can run-stop and st.lk. If they hit a button I have a counter-hit and go into a full combo. I’ll mix in the st.lk with a cr.lp because my cr.lp x st.mp is a frame trap.

For me, Sagat is a hard matchup for Zeku. Any character with long limbs can give him fits. Knowing your Tiger Knee spacing is crucial to your game play.

DuvzVvnUUAEs1hw.jpg%3Alarge

@SwamiLeoni

Com'n now, you know this has happened to you before. Lmao

Have done this countless times! Last night I was playing a really good Juri who brought it back 2-2 in 2 different sets. She was very get with st.lp and cr.mk confirms. Kept me on my toes!

For the most part this is correct. I don’t see a big difference between Ultra Silver and Gold’s much anymore. The better your fundamentals are the easier it is for you to rank up. I dropped a significant amount of points playing in Ranked with Kage this week but stayed in Super Gold only because of my Ryu experience. I went back to Zeku and climbed back up pretty quickly. During that time I played a lot of lower ranked Gold’s and there were plenty of matches I didn’t even use 1 EX bar.

When you start getting into the Ultra Gold / Plat level you have to start being conscience of frame traps and hitting buttons. Frame Traps will carry you into the higher ranks. So depending on if you’re playing a 3f or 4f character, you have to have those on deck and often times have more than one to layer your offence. Rotating between your frame traps and tick throws will open up a whole other world for you.

For instance, Young Zeku’s tick throw is cr.lp xx throw. Do that a few times to condition your opponent to tech and then blow them up when they go for a throw. You can set the dummy up to practice that. The next thing I would work on is knowing your KDA or Knock-Down Advantage. How + are you after specific combo knockdowns? After I finish with Young Zeku mp.palm, I know I’m + enough that I can run-stop and st.lk. If they hit a button I have a counter-hit and go into a full combo. I’ll mix in the st.lk with a cr.lp because my cr.lp x st.mp is a frame trap.

For me, Sagat is a hard matchup for Zeku. Any character with long limbs can give him fits. Knowing your Tiger Knee spacing is crucial to your game play.
Sagat's jab is +4 on block, so he has an easy frame trap with jab > mp. Mp is +2 on block, so mp. > mp. works against 4-frame characters as a frame trap. I've started shimmying more often after a meaty jab, but the issue with Sagat is that he doesn't really have setups after a knockdown so the situation doesn't come up that often. His best combo ender for knockdown pressure is medium tiger knee, but if they back roll you don't get anything because of the spacing. So he really doesn't get much outside of the corner.

There are some ex grand tiger shot setups using kara knees, but I'm trying to iron out my punishes and anti-airs before I start worrying about those.

Back