Street Fighter V Release Party!

Chad R. Thundercock

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.
@Silver
Reaction score
Woot, woot! Fuck yeah! SFV is coming out tonight, so grab your joysticks and let's get this fucking party started tonight. Wooooooo! YEAH!

Post your Steam/PS4 ID if you guys wanna do battle.

Steam ID: thunderhead27

3968b00738c5affbf28f619c63d3a826.jpg

07_chunli_throw.jpg

Chun Li for the motherfucking win!

i hope the PC port is really shit, which i have no doubt it will be...

i do probably need to go buy a new console for this one game though...but only when they actually release the proper game...

i've reviews that have said it doesn't contain any sort of single player.....WTF!!!!

the amount of hours i have spent playing through SF games on single player trying not to lose a round just to see the different ending is more than i have spent on most things apart from my wife and my job......

i also just noticed you are on a laptop.....good luck

i hope the PC port is really shit, which i have no doubt it will be...

i do probably need to go buy a new console for this one game though...but only when they actually release the proper game...

i've reviews that have said it doesn't contain any sort of single player.....WTF!!!!

the amount of hours i have spent playing through SF games on single player trying not to lose a round just to see the different ending is more than i have spent on most things apart from my wife and my job......
Beta was absolutely fine on PC. Noticed some laggy stages on PS4 that were absolutely fine on PC in the beta.
And there's arcade mode. Just not the new 3d cut scenes story mode shit. Which, by the way, Ono has said is "more than one hour long" when asked about length. So I'm putting my money on 63 minutes.

Pretty excited to play it, going to have to wait till Friday though, don't got any free time to play.

It comes in tomorrow.. I'm pumped.

What the actual fuck? I just refreshed steam and the release time went from 19 hours to 2 hours. WOOO

Getting it tomorrow. Playing 3rd Strike in the meantime.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/02/15/street-fighter-5-review/

sounds like they have dumbed it down for shit players
They made the tightest links 3f instead of 1f. The damage output is such that you need to have good defense to be able to get anywhere, not something most shit players tend to excel at.
There aren't red focus combos anymore, but then there doesn't need to be. They also took out the invincibility on backdashes and made dps a lot more risky.
It's a new game, with more focus on fundamentals than gimmicks (though I'm sure there will be plenty of gimmicks with time)

Just unlocked like 45 minutes ago. Still no native support for PS4/PS3 sticks on PC. Damn shame, hopefully they'll get that sorted quick. In the meantime I'm using joy2key I guess.

They made the tightest links 3f instead of 1f. The damage output is such that you need to have good defense to be able to get anywhere, not something most shit players tend to excel at.
There aren't red focus combos anymore, but then there doesn't need to be. They also took out the invincibility on backdashes and made dps a lot more risky.
It's a new game, with more focus on fundamentals than gimmicks (though I'm sure there will be plenty of gimmicks with time)

Dude. Those 1f combos is what killed me in SFIV. Linking Chun Li's and Rolento's combos was becoming a real bitch that I had to install a zero lag PCB (Phreakmod Cerberus) in all of my sticks.

I'm hardly a noob at Street Fighter, but missing those links by a friggin microsecond or two can really get on your nerves sometimes.

So basically, what I'm trying to say is: Hooray for 3 frames! Woot woot!

Playing all on max setting. R9_290 2600k stock. 60 FPS

Bare bones release guys. Lack of content for $60us

There will be a big update in March. I do miss arcade mode a little. But the multiplayer is solid and that counts.

Insanely annoyed I can't configure my keyboard.

Servers were down at launch. I stopped playing around 10:30pst so they might be back up.

Set Dhalism and Bison to Lvl 8 in practice mode and they stomped me. Ryu wasn't bad except for his crazy CA cancels.

SFV Login: NicroManiac

I'll be back on around 6:30pm pst tomorrow.

Back