Street Fight Truths?

wing chun is not effective and it hasn't been for at least 50 years.

It is cool to learn as an art sure but to promote it as a functional self defense system is fraudulent at worst and just plain being in a state of denial at best.

It is cool to learn as an art sure but to promote it as a functional self defense system is fraudulent at worst and just plain being in a state of denial at best.
Did you watch the video? I am not promoting Wing Chun.

But this is a very insightful video about different types of confrontations, regardless of what youtube channel its from.

There is one Rule which worked for me, if you know a fight is coming, be the first one to strike, and strike hard.
But really, it depends 100% on the situation and your opponent what to and what not to use.

Did you watch the video? I am not promoting Wing Chun.

But this is a very insightful video about different types of confrontations, regardless of what youtube channel its from.
You are right their was solid info in there.

The lack of weapon carrying is not as a result of our "incumbent ruling classes"

Ahh my friend, that's just the internalized false consciousness speaking!

dfb.jpg

Last edited:

Here is the thing I feel like that whole video was just a selling point to debase martial styles that feed into MMA so they can claim that MMA showdown duels
is just one type of fight so if all your focus is on that you won't be prepared. So once they got you agreeing with them that those styles are not effective in all street situations
you would be open to their next selling point.

If their is really anything of value to the wing chun guys it is the study of how to be a con man. They all turn out to be snake oil salesmen. That is the real skill they posses.

There is one Rule which worked for me, if you know a fight is coming, be the first one to strike, and strike hard.
But really, it depends 100% on the situation and your opponent what to and what not to use.

I have always wondered about Wing Chun. I have trained little of thsi style and theoretically seems great, but I don't know when it comes for actual fighting. In sparrings I have used some of the techniques for blocking and striking at once and seem cool and is working, but this is in sparring- you are calm and you know that if anything fails nobody is going to kill you, by stabbing you in the back between 100 and 200 times screaming: "All praise to Humpty Dumpty!". :)

Master Ken rules. If something is said by him, this means that this is the truth and end of the discussion. :)

Ahh my friend, that's just internalized false consciousness speaking!

dfb.jpg

Yeah, that's necessary when you don't have institutions.

Don't think you're not in an arm's race with your own government either. They're more than ready to deal with armed resistance. More so than peaceful protest.

If you want to see what mob rule is actually like look up the poll tax in the UK. No guns needed.

It's much safer in society without all the idiots having access to firearms.

Yeah, that's necessary when you don't have institutions.

Don't think you're not in an arm's race with your own government either. They're more than ready to deal with armed resistance. More so than peaceful protest.

If you want to see what mob rule is actually like look up the poll tax in the UK. No guns needed.

It's much safer in society without all the idiots having access to firearms.

I dunno; good decent responsible people have no problems with being armed, while irresponsible people get themselves killed. Sounds like a win-win anyway you look at it too me!

You're welcome too it, having to turn up strapped in a public place to exchange goods off Craigslist sounds like an unnecessary complication to me.

Society is not 2 tier, everyone mixes in public. Your poor and irresponsible are your poor and irresponsible.

Anyways, here we meet an impasse. Good day.

honestly you guys sound like you're the problem

"dont go anywhere unarmed. strike first and strike hard" etc.

jesus...

It always is a strange presumption by someone, when you have a thing, that you carry that thing with you always and everywhere.

Perhaps it is simply ignorance bourne out of a lack of perspective? "Why else would you have a firearm", one might think? Hardly cognizant of a universe of possibilities like, going down to the range for fun and practice, or simply keeping something in the house for home defense or utility, or maybe stowing something in your vehicle too, which was common in more civilized times.

Perhaps it is because the prospect of deciding, whether or not it would be germane to arm yourself in a given situation, is too obscure and challenging a task for them? That they can only think of it in terms of an all-or-nothing thing. Might they have similar issues in many other areas of social interaction as well?

Or maybe it's because they, themselves, would be so tickled pink by the idea of having a gun? Of the prospect of exercising power (that they theretofore had been denied), that they'd want to carry everywhere, and just uncritically assume everyone else is the same as them?

If we were being uncharitable of course, one might be tempted to think that it is simply a disingenuous self-serving reductio meant to advance a talking point. Akin perhaps, to the idea of cruising around looking for the first excuse you can get to pop a cap?

Of course and in truth, floating the real or common possibility of such a thing says as much more about the mindset of the person themselves.

What is it that makes a person prone too or receptive towards such thoughts? So often, when a person draws up a hypothetical, they in the first place imagine themselves in the same situation. The problem arises then, when you have persons who by mode of thought cannot do anything else; those who, when fain to imagine the world, have only a vanishingly small world to fill; when fain to imagine the workings of others, are equipped only with a mirror that reflects...

Such is the irony; when a solipsist criticizes someone, they are telling you about themselves; when he says 'people' can't be trusted (with power), he is projecting his own insecurities; when he conjures up feverish fantasies of people drawing arms and killing over perceived slights, he is exactly the sort of person who might do such a thing.

Last edited:
honestly you guys sound like you're the problem

"dont go anywhere unarmed. strike first and strike hard" etc.

jesus...

This is so funny, man! By the way I have some friends who like to be armed with at least few weapons- brass knuckles, knives, sprays, bats and you name it. And the problem with this type of life is that in one moment you use to be armed.

then you get done for assault, charged and fined and maybe jailed with no ability to claim self defence since you hit first. and if most victims of that, even if they baited you into the fight, will try to sue you as well if they are smart to think about it.

Most street fights are alcohol fueld in town at clubs/bars or outside them on the streets nearby, and on top of that, it's rarely going to be a 1 on 1. It'll start with a cheap shop that leads into his mates jumping in as well. A lot of the fights i've seen at the club i bartend at have been someone kissing a dude's gf and the boyfriend will come from behind with a hook....or someone bumps into a spastic and the guy will run up on him. these are the most common occurances for fights where punches are thrown. most of the time the fights at clubs will be scuffles where people are getting in eachother's faces pushing then eventually a punch or two is thrown but by then they've made enough of a scene with the pushing and arking up that security are already on the way.

if you do get in a fight where you haven't been blindsided, then the adrenaline is gonna make you go to instincts, if you've been boxing, then its more likely drilled into you to keep your hand up and throw bangers. if you don't train and didnt grow up fighting, you're either gonna turtle up, back away, difuse it, or throw sloppy wild haymakers

I firmly believe that wrestling is the best street fighting skill. This is strictly for a one on one fight. The fight is over almost immediately, and you aren't doing anything that puts you in jail. Maybe some punches are thrown, but you get in grapple zone whenever you want and take it to the ground. Yes, even on concrete. Some scraped elbows and knees are nothing in the middle of a street fight. You get a dominant position and the fight is over. For a one to many, I have no advice other than just go berserk and get lucky.

then you get done for assault, charged and fined and maybe jailed with no ability to claim self defence since you hit first. and if most victims of that, even if they baited you into the fight, will try to sue you as well if they are smart to think about it.

Most street fights are alcohol fueld in town at clubs/bars or outside them on the streets nearby, and on top of that, it's rarely going to be a 1 on 1. It'll start with a cheap shop that leads into his mates jumping in as well. A lot of the fights i've seen at the club i bartend at have been someone kissing a dude's gf and the boyfriend will come from behind with a hook....or someone bumps into a spastic and the guy will run up on him. these are the most common occurances for fights where punches are thrown. most of the time the fights at clubs will be scuffles where people are getting in eachother's faces pushing then eventually a punch or two is thrown but by then they've made enough of a scene with the pushing and arking up that security are already on the way.

if you do get in a fight where you haven't been blindsided, then the adrenaline is gonna make you go to instincts, if you've been boxing, then its more likely drilled into you to keep your hand up and throw bangers. if you don't train and didnt grow up fighting, you're either gonna turtle up, back away, difuse it, or throw sloppy wild haymakers

Forget about the self defense, man. In most cases the judges think that best way for it is to avoid the fight. Many guys are in prison for some self defense situation. Every judge have the right to decide independently what is exactly the case. Those bar fights with a lot of alcohol, many people, some of them probably armed, with low light and loud music are horrifying. I don't like those mass fights. I like to say- "I don't like place where I can be killed from a weaker person.". :) In these fights everything is so messy. It is not about skill, abilities or something else, it is about pure luck.

I firmly believe that wrestling is the best street fighting skill. This is strictly for a one on one fight. The fight is over almost immediately, and you aren't doing anything that puts you in jail. Maybe some punches are thrown, but you get in grapple zone whenever you want and take it to the ground. Yes, even on concrete. Some scraped elbows and knees are nothing in the middle of a street fight. You get a dominant position and the fight is over. For a one to many, I have no advice other than just go berserk and get lucky.

Yeah, exactly, man. I like to sweep the people on the ground and to control them. Throwing some not so strong punches to the face and some to the solar plexus are very disciplining for the person on the bottom. Many, many times after fight I have been thinking how lucky am I. To go almost just straight and to try to make some kind of hold and to take down your opponent. Definitely the berserk mode in combination with luck is helping a lot. You don't think so much. You stick to the basics and try to overrun your opponent. You may lose some of your skills, but your physical abilities are there. :)

the only truth is anything goes to ensure your safety/

Back