Streaming Device for ESPN+

Been using my Apple TV over Ethernet and so far, so good. ESPN+ works better than Fight Pass for PPV's.

ESPN+ Streaming was TERRIBLE last night. PQ was good but there was NO BUFFER!!! So no way to pause or skip. And if you come in late, you can't start from the beginning, so when I came in when I thought it had ended to watch #UFC236 all I saw was SPOILERS that Poirier had WON! They totally spoiled the ending. They need to fix this or people will find other means to watch.

Roku. Zero issues. Enjoy the fights folks. Any predictions? As far as you guys illegally ripping off the content, you should be ashamed. Nothing to brag about. You raise the cost for the rest of us. You also are ripping off the fighters.
giphy.gif

Did anyone else NOT have a buffer in their stream last night? No rewind, pause, skip, etc?

ESPN+ Streaming was TERRIBLE last night. PQ was good but there was NO BUFFER!!! So no way to pause or skip. And if you come in late, you can't start from the beginning, so when I came in when I thought it had ended to watch #UFC236 all I saw was SPOILERS that Poirier had WON! They totally spoiled the ending. They need to fix this or people will find other means to watch.
The PPV played great on Apple TV. A feature allowing viewers to tune in from the beginning as the event is still going on would be nice (like Fox Sports Go).

The PPV played great on Apple TV. A feature allowing viewers to tune in from the beginning as the event is still going on would be nice (like Fox Sports Go).
The stream looked fine for me too. Did you have a buffer?

Not even once
Not buffering... A buffer. A length of video that allows you to rewind or fast forward in the stream. Mine had none, so if you had to go take a pee or if you answer the phone and try to pause, you'd just miss whatever happened during that time period and the stream would continue on, even though it appeared to be paused.

Did you have a buffer like that or no? I'm trying to determine if it was just my Apple TV or if it's like this for everyone.

I think Apple TV has 3GB of RAM so it should be able to handle it.

Not buffering... A buffer. A length of video that allows you to rewind or fast forward in the stream. Mine had none, so if you had to go take a pee or if you answer the phone and try to pause, you'd just miss whatever happened during that time period and the stream would continue on, even though it appeared to be paused.

Did you have a buffer like that or no? I'm trying to determine if it was just my Apple TV or if it's like this for everyone.
I'm able to pause ESPN+ content, but I didn't try to rewind or fast forward live during the PPV.

I was able to pause Fight Nights on ESPN and it had the full event Buffered from the beginning. Not so with the latest PPV. There was no way to start it from the beginning once it started and no way to pause it, rewind it, or fast forward. Complete waste of money since it spoiled the ending by revealing the winner of the main and co-main (DC and Rogan were talking about it live).

I was able to pause Fight Nights on ESPN and it had the full event Buffered from the beginning. Not so with the latest PPV. There was no way to start it from the beginning once it started and no way to pause it, rewind it, or fast forward. Complete waste of money since it spoiled the ending by revealing the winner of the main and co-main (DC and Rogan were talking about it live).
Can you watch the PPV on demand? If I miss an event, I usually wait until the next day to watch on demand.

Back