StRatoCastRs guide to lace up the elastic way!

If you are looking for extra support stick with laceup and leave the traditional laces in. Have someone tie them for you.

If you are going to be circuit training, and solo if that.... in and out just opt for the Velcro.

A lot of people had bought laceups and they would be shelved because they were never used and just collected dust. This guide could bring those gloves back or they could buy RSKs hook and loops. It was an alternative to bringing those laceups back to life. Depending on hand size, and wrist size elastics will not work out for everyone which ive said time and time again so becareful. MixedMaj has big hands small wrists so getting use out of elastics is pointless and worthless.

If you are looking for extra support stick with laceup and leave the traditional laces in. Have someone tie them for you.

If you are going to be circuit training, and solo if that.... in and out just opt for the Velcro.

A lot of people had bought laceups and they would be shelved because they were never used and just collected dust. This guide could bring those gloves back or they could buy RSKs hook and loops. It was an alternative to bringing those laceups back to life. Depending on hand size, and wrist size elastics will not work out for everyone which ive said time and time again so becareful. MixedMaj has big hands small wrists so getting use out of elastics is pointless and worthless.

Noted my man. I will look into it. Thanks for the heads up.

Has anyone considered trying longer elastic laces so you can wrap around the wrist multiple times for added support?

I believe the common elastic laces' length is around 40-42 inches.

This site below offers different kinds of elastic laces ranging in length from 30/36/45/54/63 inches.

http://www.shoelacesexpress.com/elasticshoelaces.asp

No Muhammad uses a nice fat 4-4.5 inch Velcro closure that supports the wrist nice. The elastics offer some give but again like it was specified before a lot of it has to do with a. Your hand size and b. your wrist size. If you have big hands and small wrists the elastics off almost no support. If u have small hands and big wrists this guide will work out nicely.

Hmm.. for those with smaller wrists; maybe it would be worthwhile to wrap extra on the wrists? If more wrap is needed, maybe add tape and/or a junior 108" mexican style wrap to only on the wrist area(s).

Hate to bring up an old thread but I just bought some elastic laces for my gloves, I could really use the pictures in this tutorial. OP any chance of getting them re-uploaded?

Hey StRatoCastR! Any chance you are able to fix those pictures? I'm currently looking for another pair of gloves and leaning towards lace ups and this would kind of seal the deal for me.

Thanks!

got these images from google images. I believe they are from this thread.
g1jFHDm.jpg
images

Tryed this for my Reyes...work wonder for 1 hand...2nd glove is tough as fuck to put on...maybe doing something wrong lol... 1st glvoe take me 8012 second with some effort...2nd glove is a true pain in the ass... I can always ask some1 to help me at gym...take 5 seconds with help of my wife to put 2nd glove...

I might adjust and ut left hand a lil bit looser.
Thanks

Any update on how to do this with photos from anybody who's done it since?

I used to use Strat's awesome lace up method. I recently switched to a brand of lace converters called 'lace n loop.'. They are awesome and definitely work for a hybrid design using elastic laces and the loop converter. The converters come in at half an ounce so they add no weight and are practical in every sense. I use em on my T*U Japanese Heatseeker 2.0

Back