Strange...

mmyers

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I tried posting this in mayberry but it is probably better suited in here if it is linked to grappling. Any help would be appreciated.

I noticed two days ago that my jaw felt bruised after jujitsu class. I believe it is because I was defending a rear naked choke and got my chin tucked down and the guy was still trying to finish it even though it was my jaw.

I noticed today (two days later) that I have a "ball" or something under my jaw about an inch and a half - two inches away from the front of my chin directly beside my jaw line. Its not visible, theres no bruising but it feels like its bruised (my jaw) and I can move this thing around but it hurts to the touch (nothing intense).

My friend has said he has experienced the same thing and it went away after a week (he said it happened many different times but only once since we have been doing BJJ so it may or may not be related)

Just thought I'd ask if anyone has ANY idea what so ever about what it may be? I plan to see a doctor tomorrow after work just in case but it doesnt seem to be anything serious enough to rush off to the emergency room.

Thanks

Trauma can cause lymphadenopathy locally. My guess is you have a swollen submandibular lymph node or two due to injury to the area. It should go away within a week. If not, or if you start feeling ill, go to a doctor.

Here, learn about your other circulatory system....

The lymphatic system

lymphatic-system-benefits-from-rebounding.gif

I've had the EXACT same thing happen. It will go away, but probably take a while. I remember thinking it was taking a long time to heal.

Trauma can cause lymphadenopathy locally. My guess is you have a swollen submandibular lymph node or two due to injury to the area. It should go away within a week. If not, or if you start feeling ill, go to a doctor.

Here, learn about your other circulatory system....

The lymphatic system

lymphatic-system-benefits-from-rebounding.gif

When you say ill, do you mean throwing up and stuff? Cause I havent been feeling well at all. Dont know if thats what you mean.

Damn... I read some medical forums and this isnt very uncommon but I read that if it is accompanied by joint pain and lack of energy that it may be a little more serious. As well if it is over 1cm in diameter it is something of some concern. As I described mine is almost and inch . I cannot say whether or not I have been tired because of this as I havent slept much but just yesterday I was experiencing uncharacteristic joint pain as I described to a coworker as "It feels like all my joints and bones hurt" Im at work now but I am definetly making an appointment to see a doctor ASAP. Thanks guys for your replies it led me to research it futher and has definetly influenced my decision to see a doctor. Muchly appreciated. Big ups to DaRuckus337 for the diagram and info.

Back