strange yet funny way to get a promotion

J Sho

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
The instructor at the place i train wanted to promote someone to blue belt after yet another win at a competition, so, having got everyone to remove their belts before sparring, he paired her up with the largest brown belt on the mat who, thanks to his size and control managed to lock her up and tie a blue belt on her whilst rolling without her noticing. At the end she stood up, looked at her waist and was like "how the f@#$ do i have a blue belt around my waist" to applause from everyone else :)

Anyone else seen a whacky promotion?

dammit I think I am too big for that too happen to, sounds awesome

Awesome!

I remember someone posting here how they knew they were about to be promoted to purple belt.

So one day the instructor lines up the class, tells him to take his belt off, holds the purple belt to his waist and then says: "Nah, it doesn't fit yet..."

Then he hung up the belt to the wall of the gym so the guy had to watch it every day he trained.

He promoted him a week or so after....

Pretty funny as well

Awesome!

I remember someone posting here how they knew they were about to be promoted to purple belt.

So one day the instructor lines up the class, tells him to take his belt off, holds the purple belt to his waist and then says: "Nah, it doesn't fit yet..."

Then he hung up the belt to the wall of the gym so the guy had to watch it every day he trained.

He promoted him a week or so after....

Pretty funny as well
That is cold blooded.:icon_cry2

dammit I think I am too big for that too happen to, sounds awesome

What if they tickled you?

I think that's a super funny way to do it. Wow, nice and creative.

That's awesome! How do you tie a belt around someone without them noticing??

sounds like alot of fun.

seems like she should have noticed though.

Overwhelmed by massive brown belt and have your belt switched without your knowledge = Blue Belt

Realize what is happening to you and fight off massive brown belt instead = Purple Belt

That guy has some magic hands. I think I would have noticed something like that though, and I'm only a white belt. The color blue flying around would have been the clincher.

probably took her back and kept threatening chokes once he undid her white belt so she couldnt see what he was doing. I dont think it'd be THAT hard to do.. especially with strength + tons of skill advantage.

Thats the best story of getting belted I;'ve heard. thats awesome.

I bet that brown belt is an awesome pick pocket, lol.

Seen this done by Matt Thornton a number of times. Excellent way to get a new belt. Always such a great look of surprise and wonder.

Back