Strange things that's happened to you through MMA

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by TCE, May 20, 2014.

1. TCE

TCE The Three Piece with the Soda Platinum Member

I have two really odd things that's happened to me, well one definitely odd, but the other one is really cool.

The first one is - when I joined here, Sherdog's old fight finder, I remember typing in the search bar 'Beecroft', because that's my second name. I wanted to see if there was any fighters rocking my second name lol because it's a not a very common one. Lo and behold, there was a fighter called Rich Beecroft. I remember making a thread on here asking about him and if anyone had seen any of his fights, this was just after his last win. It got a few replies and someone claimed they knew him and would tell him about it.

Fast forward about 5-6 years later, I get a friend request on Facebook from someone called Rich Beecroft. Now I live in England, he lives in America, so I'm confused, but I put it down to him adding everyone with his second name (he added my cousins too). I look at his info and it said on it he does MMA training, so I ask him if it's in fact him, and he tells me it is. He's been training with Benson Henderson etc. but has officially retired from fighting. Now I talk to him daily, he's a cool dude. It's so odd that it was the fighter 'Beecroft' that added me when I don't get any adds from any other Beecrofts lol.

The next thing didn't happen to me but to my dad. Me and my friend went up to London to watch UFC: Gus vs. Manuwa, we was staying at my dads and he took us down there and was going to pick us back up. We saw the whole thing and had a blast. I got pretty drunk, anyway as we walked out we couldn't find my dad. 20 minutes later, he comes out after being in the VIP lounge. He even gave me the ticket because I didn't believe him.

He basically came in right before the main event was starting and asked some people what time it finished, some guy came out of a backroom and asked what he was doing. My dad said 'picking up my son and his mate', the guy then said to my dad 'you're with me now, there's still a fight to go, come with me, you can see it'. He watched the main event two rows behind the cage (he's never even seen MMA before lol) and then went into the VIP lounge for a bit and could have had free drinks all night, but obviously he had to come and get me.

I said to him lets go and see if that guy can get us all in there, but my dad wanted to go home, he was knackered.

Anyway, some funny and odd stuff, post yours up if you have any :).

2. FallonFoxGOAT

FallonFoxGOAT Banned Banned

I understood some of the slang references.

3. TCE

TCE The Three Piece with the Soda Platinum Member

LOL cool.

4. auger38

auger38 Will pay to check your oil

.... This isn't an animal thread....

5. thebluerider

thebluerider caelgender ftw

6. Fatt Hughes

Fatt Hughes Brown Belt

i stopped liking it.

7. MC Paul Barman

MC Paul Barman Gold Belt Platinum Member

Years back on the advertisement banner on this forum there was something for an "MMA comedian".
    His shtick was that he told jokes about mma that appealed to mma fans.

That was pretty strange.
    And stupid.

8. Jack Handy jr

Jack Handy jr Silver Belt

Aggememknob's wife's not so secret garden
    my Karate - competent grappling ability= kicked ass from collegiate wrestler.