White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Diaz Vs Mcgregor
Johnson Vs Glover
Story Vs Cerrone
Hyun Gyu Lim vs Aliev
Means vs Strickland

Surely Magny vs Larkin should be on the main card, Magny getting shitted on, last two wins were Gastelum and Lombard. Also Garbrandt vs Mizugaki

I thought this too, Strickland on a PPV main card and people are saying this beats 200 gtfo.

Agreed.

Sounds like UFC 198. Warlley Alves vs. Bryan Barberena in the main card, Demian Maia vs. Matt Brown in the prelims.

Strickland is in the top 10 most boring fighters in the UFC, and he's somehow on the PPV main card. Also Hyun Gyu Lim vs Aliev will likely provide necessary finish... but both fighters are not main card material, they should belong to prelims.

They have to put good fights on the prelims for their TV partners. Also they are using good fights for the fight pass prelims to get new business. Means vs Strickland is a great fight by the way. Much better than Benoit vs Serrano.

This isn't official though, is it? Its just the wiki listing. No way in fucking hell Lim/Aliev gets on the main card, no way whatsofuckingever. If it is, I'd be gobsmacked.

I could see Garbrant/Mizugaki headlining the prelims though and possibly the Means fight actually being on the main card (which is still a poor choice for the main).

Agreed.

Sounds like UFC 198. Warlley Alves vs. Bryan Barberena in the main card, Demian Maia vs. Matt Brown in the prelims.
Lol that one was hard to describe. Quite puzzling.

I bet those will be available on fight pass. That way, you have to pay extra

I have a feeling Larkin vs magny will headline free prelims

Garbrandt vs Mizugaki should at least be on that main card. Aliev vs Lim? seriously?

The UFC has been doing this for years and people still don't realize that they purposely put one or two good fights on the prelims in order to expose certain fighters to the casuals and increase viewer ratings among the hardcore.

Also to further promote the PPV that they lead in to.

The card has not been finalized, so that lineup was pulled from someone's ass. Move along.

Put a good fight as a prelim headliner and bring attention to the prelims. Put some newer, less well known fighters on the ppv and give them a boost in popularity and a chance to make a name for themselves. UFC knows people buy ppvs for the co-main and main (usually) so why not put lower paid fighters on the ppv opener.

The UFC has been doing this for years and people still don't realize that they purposely put one or two good fights on the prelims in order to expose certain fighters to the casuals and increase viewer ratings among the hardcore.

Also to further promote the PPV that they lead in to.
This is the correct answer. Don't know how people haven't caught onto this yet. Happens literally every card. It's like the prelims have a headliner of its own.

They put a good fight on fight pass to sell that and need a good fight to headline the FS1 prelims, is normal

This gets even fucking worse, lads.

Official card - the fucking Raquel Pennington fight is on the main card. Cody/Mizugaki headlines FS and Magny/Larkin headlines FP.

Means/Strickland also on the main card. If the main event falls through, this card will do filthy numbers!

Glover/Rumble
Cerrone/Story
Pennington/Phillips
Means/Strickland

That's a fairly solid UFN card. Not a PPV. Theyd better wrap Diaz/Conor in cottom wool.

Have you guys not caught on to what they are doing?

The headline the fight pass/ normal prelims with bigger fights.

Back