Stout ....oh no.

Anytime a guy that could take a beating like Stout used to be able to starts getting knocked out every fight, its time to pack up and go

No kidding. 3 TKO losses in a row for him would have gotten a chuckle out me years ago. Watching him now makes me cringe. I don't like seeing fighters take damage late in their careers, but I understand it's their job and respect them for doing it.

Stout was due for retirement 4-5 yrs ago IMO. I'll never forget the Spencer Fishers tho. Shit was epic.

Stout was never the same after Tompkins passed away. Both him and Hominick took it it very hard and kind of fell apart after.

I feel he should have retired or been cut several fights ago. The UFC should put him on the promo circuit with Liddell. They seem to like Sam like he's been their kid or something. The guy, unfortunately, has not been UFC calibre for a long time - I guess it was the Edwards bout that saved his career but that was 9 fights ago. Jeez.

Mac Danzig had mentioned Stout's chin being gone a while back in an interview.

Time to retire?

I think so, isn't this his 3rd KO loss in a row? I used to love Sam back in za day, but I am concerned about his health at this point. A guy like Same prolly doesn't know what else to do with his life at this point though. :(

Well at least he will be remembered for the Fisher trilogy.

Well at least he will be remembered for the Fisher trilogy.

Yeah, Dana gets shit on a lot, but he has a lot of loyalty (or at least nostalgia?) towards fighters who put on good shows for the UFC back in the day, like in the Fisher trilogy.

Time to retire was probably 2014.

He's had his day, now it's just embarrassment after embarrassment. When your chin has gone and you have no KO power, you're a sitting duck just picking up paychecks.

Back