Story of Jesus Christ was 'fabricated to pacify the poor', claims Biblical scholar Joseph Atwill

well obvious! anybody with a brain and non biased agenda can look into it and see a million contradictions in the new testament, lies, and how they went from being jewish christians (jewish mesianics), syriac christianity and then catholicism and then split of catholicms and later protestatnsim and see that it is an evolving and not logical religion.

Last edited:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...s-controversial-biblical-scholar-8870879.html

This is the identical set of conditions present today with Christians today.

"Outlining his ideas in a blog posting on his website Mr Atwill writes: "Christianity may be considered a religion, but it was actually developed and used as a system of mind control to produce slaves that believed God decreed their slavery.

Although Christianity can be a comfort to some, it can also be very damaging and repressive, an insidious form of mind control that has led to blind acceptance of serfdom, poverty, and war throughout history
"
I thought it was invented so lazy jews didn't have to go to temple mount every year and sacrifice goats.

Nice try marxists.

do you people even know what that word means or do you automatically jump to ´marx was a cabal jew demon and communism is evil satanic that kills 66 million white christians and is promote white genocide´because i often see that said by those who say ´marxist´ as insult

The West has made weakness a rallying cry. Christianity is tolerant and cares for the poor. The liberal tolerance in Europe is totally a product of Christian values. Merkel is a good christian.

s-l300.jpg

christianity is foreign to europe! another great irony of white europeans who are ´pro white´ but also christian.

well duh!! anybody with a brain and non biased agenda can look into it and see a million contradictions in the new testament, lies, and how they went from being jewish christians (jewish mesianics), syriac christianity and then catholicism and then split of catholicms and later protestatnsim and see that it is an evolving and stupid religion.

That's the Old Testament full of contradictions. It's also full of hate and genocide and other nasty evil things.

New Testament is about love and compassion. Give it a try sometime

More stupidity. Imagine that, leftists still gonna try to bullshit. Every academic worth their salt knows this is nonsense.

The apostles tombs are real. Archeology is real.

How do people get so fucking dumb, just because you don't like Christianity, doesn't mean you can just make shit up about it
There are historical artefact for all major religions. Doesn't mean they are not BS.

That's the Old Testament full of contradictions. It's also full of hate and genocide and other nasty evil things.

New Testament is about love and compassion. Give it a try sometime

when did i say it was not? it is stupid but this thread is about christianity and the myth of jesus divinity or jesus. You clearly have a bias and dont even know your own history. There are many parts in the new testament that are filled with sayings like Paul saying the óld laws´hold. I like how christians also say that old testament brutalness at times was okay but then Jesús came along and now it not. Like you people are psychos you say the past was wrong but then GOD changed his mind? Even though jesús does not fulfill any of the past prophecies or how god said the world was for 2000 years but all of sudden none of that or old laws matter anymore except what Paul and some saints and apostiles say and pick and choose? The creation of catholicism and the early versions of christianity before the King james bible compliation also proves the idiocy of your thinking that it is ´´all love´´´. This not even mention jesus mentioning old laws and everything hold hence why early christians were jewish christians.

LOL the myth that so many modern western christians have with ´´NT is love and compassion´´´ yeah with the addition of hell which was not in the OT and jews dont have. And the addition of crime against thinking ´bad thoughts´and original sin.

Last edited:
More stupidity. Imagine that, leftists still gonna try to bullshit. Every academic worth their salt knows this is nonsense.

The apostles tombs are real. Archeology is real.

How do people get so fucking dumb, just because you don't like Christianity, doesn't mean you can just make shit up about it

His theories were pretty much debunked over 10 yrs ago - they just wait a while and bring them back out.

Like I said earlier, he's got Nero persecuting Christians at least 50 years before Titus "invents" the religion.

Atwill is a crank and shit historian according to basically everybody. Try Richard Carrier if you want somebody with a fringe view on Jesus' existence, but solid scholarship.

That's right. Christianity is all bullshit. The 2000 years of Christian history, the important figures who inspire others and its major influence on literature, music, art, philosophy, theology, architecture and progressive social movements should all be forgotten because some people have claimed Christianity is for the weak and it is currently a big fad to piss on Christianity. We should just forget it all and everything that came from it.

And I tend to like guys like that as well. Hegel and Nietzsche for example. There is a cottage industry devoted to just understanding these people. lol. William James said he didn't know what Hegel was talking about until he took nitrous. I am on the wrong forum but there are a few people who are decent. It's what annoys me about atheism. It is similar to what Nietzsche said about religion. They think they are deep but they are not even superficial. If you are a reasoning being with an education you should be able to understand me. Those are their shortcomings, not mine.

quote-only-one-man-ever-understood-me-and-he-didn-t-understand-me-georg-wilhelm-friedrich-hegel-58-82-41.jpg

Absolutely. One doesn't read philosophers like Nietzsche, one studies them. When one tends to read them, the result you'll get is something along the lines of what Jack V. Savage posted in this thread - how Nietzsche is "outdated" and "does not belong in modern discussions", as if the goal that Nietzsche had in mind when he wrote his books was the same these modern people have - namely, creating the utopia for the masses that would be based on the spirit of "Ni dieu, ni maitre". What a way to miss the point, eh?

I also agree as far as atheism goes. It's really annoying to look upon these modern atheists, these wretched decadents who imagine their knowledge makes them superior to religious decadents. One doesn't become sublime via the breadth of his knowledge but by the height of his soul. Again, I am not going to waste my time by going deeper into this, I know you get the point. ;)

Yea it not JC that causes rustle its his modern day followers

The ones responsible for all the rustle you see in today's society are the Satanic rulers of this world and to a lesser degree, the brainwashed masses that follow their orders.

Absolutely. One doesn't read philosophers like Nietzsche, one studies them. When one tends to read them, the result you'll get is something along the lines of what Jack V. Savage posted in this thread - how Nietzsche is "outdated" and "does not belong in modern discussions", as if the goal that Nietzsche had in mind when he wrote his books was the same these modern people have - namely, creating the utopia for the masses that would be based on the spirit of "Ni dieu, ni maitre". What a way to miss the point, eh?

I also agree as far as atheism goes. It's really annoying to look upon these modern atheists, these wretched decadents who imagine their knowledge makes them superior to religious decadents. One doesn't become sublime via the breadth of his knowledge but by the height of his soul. Again, I am not going to waste my time by going deeper into this, I know you get the point. ;)

I am not following this discussion as I have never read Nietzsche, but if @Jack V Savage doesn't think much of Nietzsche's work maybe it has to do with Bertrand Russell.

You nailed it about strength too. It isn't even intellect. It is will. And I do understand progress. You are right. Tolstoy nailed this. Progress is the biggest nothing in the world. Fuckin meaningless. Progressing towards what?

Towards this:

"What they would fain attain with all their strength, is the universal, green-meadow happiness of the herd, together with security, safety, comfort, and alleviation of life for every one, their two most frequently chanted songs and doctrines are called ‘Equality of Rights’ and ‘Sympathy with All Sufferers’— and suffering itself is looked upon by them as something which must be DONE AWAY WITH."

I've noticed that virtually all gay men hate religion. OP is just a beta genetic trash incel trying to rationalize his status as a homosexual.

Back