Story of Jesus Christ was 'fabricated to pacify the poor', claims Biblical scholar Joseph Atwill

Wouldn’t it be as dangerous as all Christians becoming evangelicals

The Nation of Islam is a militant group that literally believes white people are the devil. They would love to knock your weak, white christian head off your shoulders.

Can you name an idealogy that created a universal brotherhood before Christianity? That said all men were brothers? Perhaps Stoicism, vaguely. Which Christianity owes a debt too. But religions and idealogies were never universal before Christianity. It was something big. It crossed borders. Unconditional love is a Christian scam. See Freud.

Again, what’s the point of this post. It doesn’t even make sense.

Not hating everyone around you is some how a negative in your mind

And every poor person being a communist. Everyone nakedly fighting for short-term personal advantage with no conception of the common good might be individually showing "strength," but that's a recipe for a weak and degraded society.

I said before it is like everyone is walking around with their own tunnel vision and thinks all those tunnel visions added up makes a workable whole. It doesnt.

I mean he’s having a meltdown over here.

Is it possible to care about people and not follow a religion? I don’t need Christianity in my life to understand the need to help others.

Im with ya and I agree . Its possible to care about people just from having the human connection without needed some ancient sand wizards say on the subject. I also am not sure why he is ranting about rome and slaves or how that pertains to today or what exactly he thinks we should do about that

guy musta got bit by that groundhog before the cop shot it last week

You'd have to exterminate every single religious person on the planet before your atheist Utopia could be a reality as well as completely destroy every religious text or reference to them. Religious belief in one form or another is simply built into the fabric of our lives and cultures regardless of the society. Whether passed on by text or word of mouth its a part of the reality of human history and society. Persecution simply drives it underground and entrenches it even further as does ridicule.

If people are taught the real history of humanity most young people would categorize the religion their parents practice equivalent with Zeus and Athena. That's the advantage that secular households have today, they have parents often without any religious beliefs so they learn the history of humanity completely without any particular bias.

Try selling crazy bronze age fantasy babble to woke kids in Sweden and it won't work, ever. Religions eviscerate themselves when they enter the same room together.

Again, what’s the point of this post. It doesn’t even make sense.

Not hating everyone around you is some how a negative in your mind

Unconditional love is a concept you don't understand? A universal brotherhood. Can't understand that either? I see why you serve coffee. lol. Christianity was made to keep weaklings like you alive.

I said before it is like everyone is walking around with their own tunnel vision and thinks all those tunnel visions added up makes a workable whole. It doesnt.

I agree, but doesn't that invalidate the perspective you've been advancing ITT?

I agree, but doesn't that invalidate the perspective you've been advancing ITT?

I dont have tunnel vision. I am an atheist who sees the breadth of Christianity all around me. A person with tunnel visions thinks that because they don't believe in talking snakes, they aren't influenced by Christianity. I am saying Christianity is much more deeply rooted than that in our society and to think otherwise is tunnel vision.

Im with ya and I agree . Its possible to care about people just from having the human connection without needed some ancient sand wizards say on the subject. I also am not sure why he is ranting about rome and slaves or how that pertains to today or what exactly he thinks we should do about that

guy musta got bit by that groundhog before the cop shot it last week

I don’t even know what he’s advocating. Slavery? Ancient romans? Religion?

What’s he talking about

I dont have tunnel vision. I am an atheist who sees the breadth of Christianity all around me. A person with tunnel visions thinks that because they don't believe in talking snakes, they aren't influenced by Christianity.

What I'm saying is that support for improving the lot of the poor and for ensuring the possibility of upward mobility does not come from glorification of the poor but from a desire to have a strong, vital, humane, ever-growing nation.

Why would anyone believe in this theory?

Know-it-all assholes thinking they know why people did things thousands years ago.

I know right? Those authors of the new testament were supreme tricketers!

I dont have tunnel vision. I am an atheist who sees the breadth of Christianity all around me. A person with tunnel visions thinks that because they don't believe in talking snakes, they aren't influenced by Christianity.

Seriously what in the fuck are you talking about

And every poor person being a communist. Everyone nakedly fighting for short-term personal advantage with no conception of the common good might be individually showing "strength," but that's a recipe for a weak and degraded society.

Jack if you’re referring to Americans the concept of “rugged individualism” has led us down this path already.

It might benefit the individual like you stated above but it most certainly degrades society over time. Which you also mentioned

I don’t even know what he’s advocating. Slavery? Ancient romans? Religion?

What’s he talking about

I'm having trouble following what he's saying also. From what I can gather he says the only reason the Nordic countries are cool is because they have a cross on their flag and were once conquered nations by Christians.

My argument is that if the ancient fumes of Christianity inspire countries like Norway, Finland, and Sweden why do fully invested Christian nations end up being dangerous & poor places.

And yes Christianity is communist or something like it. It hates money. Christians have lost touch with this concept. They think they can front when revelation comes? They can't front on that.

I get so funny with my money that you flaunt
I said, "Where'd you get your information from, " huh?
You think that you can front when revelation comes?
(Yeah, you can't front on that)

I dont have tunnel vision. I am an atheist who sees the breadth of Christianity all around me. A person with tunnel visions thinks that because they don't believe in talking snakes, they aren't influenced by Christianity. I am saying Christianity is much more deeply rooted than that in our society and to think otherwise is tunnel vision.

you are all sorts of triggered in this thread ain't ya!?

I'm having trouble following what he's saying also. From what I can gather he says the only reason the Nordic countries are cool is because they have a cross on their flag and were once conquered nations by Christians.

My argument is that if the ancient fumes of Christianity inspire countries like Norway, Finland, and Sweden why do fully invested Christian nations end up being dangerous & poor places.

That is true, the most religious places on earth seem to be the worst.

I still don’t understand what he’s trying to say.

Because they suck at war?

Back