Story of Jesus Christ was 'fabricated to pacify the poor', claims Biblical scholar Joseph Atwill

True Christianity creates people like Tolstoy. Who has lofty and admirable goals, but would let you kill his family before he raised a finger to you. Never fight back under any circumstances.

The Christian religion has become secularized and absorbed into our culture. You don't have to believe it consciously. You are a slave to it. Why are western countries which happen to be Christian the most tolerant? They have a Christian cultural basis. Roman Gods gave ZERO fucks about the poor.

Are these the same Christians that lived in America who had no problem enslaving a group of people or dropping nuclear bombs on another country.

I’m not following you at all

He's aping Nietzsche, but it doesn't apply to modern discussions.

And Nietzsche didn't hate Christianity because of Genesis, as I was trying to explain to these fools, but because it was WEAK.

Maybe because they were just as hypocritical as modern day evangelicals.

As far as I know a lot of the literal interpretations of the bible come from evangelicals no?

I would assume Christian's back then followed Jesus teaching closer but I dont know.

Are these the same Christians that lived in America who had no problem enslaving a group of people or dropping nuclear bombs on another country.

I’m not following you at all

That was all cleared up. Christian values take over. The abolitionist movement was also spearheaded by Christianity. And it was Tolstoy's Christianity that inspired non violence in India against Britain.

Look at you. Caring about fuckin slaves. lol. So Christian of you. Romans and Greeks gave zero fucks.

The reason the marxists hate Jesus is that he threatens their whole "you owe people stuff just for existing" schtick.

Any time a person is ready to forgive themselves, a marxist is somewhere seething.

He's aping Nietzsche, but it doesn't apply to modern discussions so he sounds nutty.
To be honest, I don't really read his posts when he gets like this. One is enough to see he's angry, and completely irrational today.

No connection except in their flags and state churches. And being Christ like. lol. From warriors to biggest pussies on Earth. That Christian flag represents a garrison in a conquered city. You were conquered by Christianity.

Yes, I believe Peterson is Jungian. Your God is always there. We all have our own Gods. American Gods is a good book on this.

VOCATUS ATQUE NON VOCATUS DEUS ADERIT

(Invoked or not invoked, the god is present.)

"Symbolically Christian" doesn't hold much water today. If we take your argument to be true why are the actual Christian countries horrible places? Mexico, Brazil, Nigeria etc...?

And Nietzsche didn't hate Christianity because of Genesis, as I was trying to explain to these fools, but because it was WEAK.

Christianity has evolved. And more importantly, so has economic and political discussion. Now that the masses have a say in governance, fighting for naked self-interest *means* fighting for a more equal distribution of wealth. What's more, fighting for a stronger, more dynamic economy overall benefits every class.

What do you think of the contempt with which some corners of the left views poor voters who support upward redistribution of wealth? Isn't that something you'd agree with?

To be honest, I don't really read his posts when he gets like this. One is enough to see he's angry, and completely irrational today.

It's something of a pose, something of a legit attempt to convey a Nietzschean attitude because he wants people to confront it.

That was all cleared up. Christian values take over. The abolitionist movement was also spearheaded by Christianity. And it was Tolstoy's Christianity that inspired non violence in India against Britain.

Look at you. Caring about fuckin slaves. lol. So Christian of you. Romans and Greeks gave zero fucks.

Who gives a fuck what ancient romans thought about slaves. It serves no purpose in this conversation.

Perhaps you don’t know but it’s 2018.

Christianity has evolved. And more importantly, so has economic and political discussion. Now that the masses have a say in governance, fighting for naked self-interest *means* fighting for a more equal distribution of wealth. What's more, fighting for a stronger, more dynamic economy overall benefits every class.

What do you think of the contempt with which some corners of the left views poor voters who support upward redistribution of wealth? Isn't that something you'd agree with?

It's something of a pose, something of a legit attempt to convey a Nietzschean attitude because he wants people to confront it.

Imagine every black person in America belonging to The Nation of Islam instead of Christianity. That would be a massive problem for the US. lol. Malcolm X said the same thing. They brought over slaves and pacified them with Christianity.

And yeah, that this idea is news to anyone speaks volumes about their knowledge on the subject to think it is thread worthy.

atheism has nothing to do with marxism. capitalist atheist here.

I just don’t see what ancient Roman philosophy on slavery has to do with the year 2018

Can you name an idealogy that created a universal brotherhood before Christianity? That said all men were brothers? Perhaps Stoicism, vaguely. Which Christianity owes a debt too. But religions and idealogies were never universal before Christianity. It was something big. It crossed borders. Unconditional love is a Christian scam. See Freud.

Imagine every black person in America belonging to The Nation of Islam instead of Christianity. That would be a massive problem for the US. lol. Malcolm X said the same thing. They brought over slaves and pacified them with Christianity.

And yeah, that this idea is news to anyone speaks volumes about their knowledge on the subject to think it is thread worthy.

Wouldn’t it be as dangerous as all Christians becoming evangelicals

And every poor person being a communist. Everyone nakedly fighting for short-term personal advantage with no conception of the common good might be individually showing "strength," but that's a recipe for a weak and degraded society.

Why would anyone believe in this theory?

Know-it-all assholes thinking they know why people did things thousands years ago.

Back