Storm T1 or T2?

snotrag

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm interested in getting a new gi. I currently have the Yank, Moya Bluedial, and Lucky Lavato (white). Like all my gi's but I'm interested in getting another white one. Interested in the Storm gi'sjust not their price. I haven't heard much feedback on the T2's but they soud pretty good. i'm interested in picking up either the T1 or T2, any feed back would be helpfull. Thanks.

there's been mixed reviews of storms here - i remember reading a positive review about the T1, but when i saw the T2 in person (black/red), i was very very underwhelmed by the finishing. loose thread, choppy diecut patches.. very unimpressive!

I can only comment on the T2 and can say its the oddest fitting gi I own. I own SYR, Gameness, Bullterrier to name a few and in all I am an A3 and they all fit great.

The T2 however is very odd the legs are incredibly short and the arms incredibly long so maybe bear that in mind when order one of these. If however the fit is fine for you the gi's a really well made.

I think the graciemag deal is way overpriced and from all of the comments and emails I've gotten through GiReviews.Net, these gis are incredibly overpriced.

Are you considering any gis other than Storm?

For me it was a good deal, because I was going to be renewing my subscription anyways. The magazines are a bit pricey, but if your gonna be paying for them anyways, you might as well get a free overpriced gi. Or vice versa, if your gonna buy the gi, may as well get free overpriced magazines.

I think the graciemag deal is way overpriced and from all of the comments and emails I've gotten through GiReviews.Net, these gis are incredibly overpriced.

Are you considering any gis other than Storm?

I really liked the look of these gi's but from the sounds of it they aren't that great. My best fitting gi is the Yank. I'm 5'8" 168, and it fits perfect. I have been looking at Bull Terrier recently. Give me a recomendation I know you review gi's. I want a white gi. I like contrast stitching, would like a gold weave but those are kinda hard to come by these days it seems everything is pearl weave. Thanks in advance. Looks like I'll dodge the Storms.

Thanks for all the feedback. Looks like I should try to find something else. I really like Shoyoroll but I hate having to try and find one for double and triple the price, and I hate having to try and take time off work and order one in the middle of the day as that is usually when they start the pre-order on the east coast.

I think Storms are suited more of wide shoulders and a stocky build; I love the fit of mine.

Thanks for all the feedback. Looks like I should try to find something else. I really like Shoyoroll but I hate having to try and find one for double and triple the price, and I hate having to try and take time off work and order one in the middle of the day as that is usually when they start the pre-order on the east coast.

I think if you prefer the larger SYR cut, then you'd want to go with either Omega Maniac or Moya Brand, both of which are cut similar to SYR.

I really like my omega maniac shaka gi (white w contrast stitching) and my moya brand bill cooper gi. They're both pearl weave, but I'd consider the shaka over the moya just due to the big price difference.

Here's a link to a bunch of photos and other stuff on it as well: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f67/omega-maniac-shaka-gi-review-gireviews-net-2266281/

If you're looking at Bull Terrier, I love my New Star from them and you can get it in a white gold weave (mine is blue gold weave). You might be able to get them from Budo or Fighter's Market, but your best bet is to just buy it directly through Bull Terrier here: http://www.btfightgear.com/.

If you aren't sure about using their site, shoot them an email, addressed to Aki and you'll be taken goo care of.

I think if you prefer the larger SYR cut, then you'd want to go with either Omega Maniac or Moya Brand, both of which are cut similar to SYR.

I really like my omega maniac shaka gi (white w contrast stitching) and my moya brand bill cooper gi. They're both pearl weave, but I'd consider the shaka over the moya just due to the big price difference.

Here's a link to a bunch of photos and other stuff on it as well: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f67/omega-maniac-shaka-gi-review-gireviews-net-2266281/

If you're looking at Bull Terrier, I love my New Star from them and you can get it in a white gold weave (mine is blue gold weave). You might be able to get them from Budo or Fighter's Market, but your best bet is to just buy it directly through Bull Terrier here: http://www.btfightgear.com/.

If you aren't sure about using their site, shoot them an email, addressed to Aki and you'll be taken goo care of.

lol, I was checking out your site and said "I really like that Omega gi." I love my Moya but don't like the price of the Hawaiian cloth or Bill Cooper, but then again i was looking at that Storm Gi that is 210 bucks. Thanks so much for your help you have been extremely helpfull.

lol, I was checking out your site and said "I really like that Omega gi." I love my Moya but don't like the price of the Hawaiian cloth or Bill Cooper, but then again i was looking at that Storm Gi that is 210 bucks. Thanks so much for your help you have been extremely helpfull.

Thanks! If you ever have any questions in the future, hit me up on the contact form on my website or on here. :cool:

Back