stopping the flurry

Connect with him before he connects with you. He'll lose momentum and will be in no position to follow up if you hit him good enough.

stand and trade. odds are if that's all they're relying on, they might be a alittle more green and not expect somebody who will stand there and fire back hard shots. either he's inexperienced or he is a badass veteran who has no fear and does not respect your skills by just costantly coming in like that

ASiAnVaLEtUDo said:
stand and trade. odds are if that's all they're relying on, they might be a alittle more green and not expect somebody who will stand there and fire back hard shots. either he's inexperienced or he is a badass veteran who has no fear and does not respect your skills by just costantly coming in like that

You're a fucking idiot.

On a side note, How do I get a Amateur Fighter tag? I'm 4-0 in International rules.

dapunisher said:
Bad advice there.

Never back up straight up, ever. Your best options are clinch or circle one way or the other.

i used it once and it was effective... guess i was just lucky. lol thanks for the corrective action, mate! :)

go Sakuraba and do a single leg. or as he comes in, duck, pick up, turn and let go.

well hey, it works alot for me so why not? other stuff works too but that is what has woked best for me more than anything else.
just contact a mod

Clinch, circle, avoid backing straight up. Or if its mma you should just go for the takedown

jab to the face. clinch up. cover up and throw a flurry of your own as soon as he is done. But jabbing and then flurrying is best I think.

it's mma...and not only is the guy im fighting 20lbs. heavier, but he also trains at the same school as i do

Do you train in wrestling or bjj? If so, is he to heavy for you to take down?

Front kick, most people wont expect it and it hurts like hell. Otherwise just clinch and throw elbows.

EastPointKck said:
You're a fucking idiot.

On a side note, How do I get a Amateur Fighter tag? I'm 4-0 in International rules.

Why is he an idiot?

Get your reaction speed up. Try Bas's (I got it from Bas) drill where someone puts your back against a wall and starts to punch at you slowly then faster and faster where they build up. This will help you see the punches and stop any type of panic reaction. If you can see the punches coming, you can block and counter them effectively.

Also, as you spar you will get better at stopping this.

codysweet02 said:
Front kick, most people wont expect it and it hurts like hell. Otherwise just clinch and throw elbows.

You should at least do some set ups before attempting to clinch, going with the arms wide open to try to grab the guy while his fists are flying is a good way to go to sleep, but I don't suggest doing that.

I just keep my hands up and my head moving until I have a chance to throw something back, dig a knee in, straight kick to slow him down, circle and start throwing back. Don

Try strafing to the side make sure your hands are up and when he is goin crazy move quickly and strike him with a devastating uppercut. SPEED IS THE KEY.

1st thing is don't stay stationary...for someone to eff begin a flurry they have to have ur range or closed the distance so that he feels comfortable opening up.

in alot of mma fights u see people flurry and that is because most mma guys have no circular or lateral move, nor do they give angles...they come straight in and out and as a result get caught and koed by a flurry...or get trapped in the cage or against the ropes and finished.

if u can move..move don't allow ur opp to get set to open up w/a flurry; an if u are going to be stationary u have to use upper body/heaadmovement..give angles so that ur opp hesitates instead of opening up.

another thing u can do is potshot..lead rights..stiff/quick jabs to throw off his rhythm...range and timing...

if u have seen tuf 2 u have seen how much eff movement has on an opponents ability to open up and willingness to open up....

these are just things that i do..not saying they are the best thing for everyone...

another thing to do is to punch w/ur opponent; this way u can offset his off, as he has to worry about return fire he will most likely cut his own off short,,,,unless he is that sure of his chin/power.

Back