Stopping overpopulation

There is no global overpopulation. Where overpopulation happens it is a local problem and would easily end if the West didn't artificially keep it exploding with their so-called aid. The problem ends in summary fashion once the West ceases to "help" and take in rapefugees.

There is no overpopulation problem. But there is a problem with having too many people that can't do anything for themselves.

Drive across the, South, Midwest or the plains area. There is more wide open space than you can imagine. Overpopulation is a myth. It's only a problem in big cities where people choose to live in that.

Been thinking about this recently in terms of the uk. Population is expected to hit 70 million by 2030, currently its 64 fuelled mainly by immigration.

Maybe the concern here is more overcrowding. This is going to put more strain on public services and infrastructure.

Not only that but people are living longer. Where will the money come from to pay for the extra doctors, nurses, police, schools etc etc?

Globally people have been predicting Malthusian catastrophe since well Thomas Malthus, yet even as the population of the world has exploded living standards have increased. We are a pretty inventive species, it has been argued that tehnological innovation leads to an increase in the earths carrying capacity and in turn more innovators and it fuels perpetual growth. Obviously population growth cannot be limitless as resources are finite.

Can innovation by way of new technologies, more efficient methods and better allocation of resources keep up with the expanding population? What about the impact on the environment? Is this something we need to address?

If education and the economic liberalisation of women as well as increased urbanisation reduces the size of families do we have the ability and resources to stay ahead of the curve or are we simply delaying a crash.

Countries like Nigeria as someone mentioned are a good example of some of the problems. Its economy has been growing fast but so has its population. Its got alot of corruption and extreme regional inequality. Its economy may now be the largest in Africa but at the same time the % of the population in poverty increased I read.

That poverty trap is absolutely terrifying when you look at the projections of how their population is expected to grow and may well be beyond the capability of them to solve. I doubt Nigeria will implement a one child policy. There are stampedes at immigration centres there where people are trampled to death. People are dying to get out and those people will be going somewhere.

Many govts dont want to reduce the population but through policy they can influence it. Some more authoritarian countries can take stronger measures like China did I suppose.

Maybe we will have to implement some sort of managed population growth. Less immigration, less welfare in some ways.

Id be in favour of a child license you need to pass a certain standard before you can have a kid in the UK. All females would have their tubes tied and get untied when they get licensed. No idea how that woud work though.

Childrens allowance and child tax credit would also be in the form of vouchers only redeemable on certain items. Food, childrens clothes, nappies, pushchairs. Not PS4s (I know a guy who spent his surestart maternity grant on a fucking playstation) nor does he or his partner work.

In the third world idk. Part of me says if we can help, we should. That ethically its not their childrens fault they are born into poverty and end up picking through trash to survive, then part of me just wants to build a big wall and let em fuck themselves into starvation.

Its not just a population problem I think. Its also a resource allocation problem. There are people living like kings and so much waste, while others starve. It's really just a quirk of fate to be born in a developed country but I kinda dont want to pay for all these people or want them to come here either.

We should probably look at targeting corruption, increasing education etc to reduce the vast wealth inequality and bring the numbers down before more extreme measures I suppose.

If we were at some sort of ecological tipping point where we were completely fucked then i guess drastic measures would have to be taken. They could make an infertility vaccine, unleash a plague or go Logans run and kill people at 30 but not with gay laser shows, we could use them to make soap or something.

There is no overpopulation problem. But there is a problem with having too many people that can't do anything for themselves.

Drive across the, South, Midwest or the plains area. There is more wide open space than you can imagine. Overpopulation is a myth. It's only a problem in big cities where people choose to live in that.
Abundance of land =/= abundance of resources. Not to mention, do you really want to replace all that land in between(which is mostly farmland anyway) with billboards, Starbucks, and crackheads?

Been thinking about this recently in terms of the uk. Population is expected to hit 70 million by 2030, currently its 64 fuelled mainly by immigration.

Maybe the concern here is more overcrowding. This is going to put more strain on public services and infrastructure.

Not only that but people are living longer. Where will the money come from to pay for the extra doctors, nurses, police, schools etc etc?

Globally people have been predicting Malthusian catastrophe since well Thomas Malthus, yet even as the population of the world has exploded living standards have increased. We are a pretty inventive species, it has been argued that tehnological innovation leads to an increase in the earths carrying capacity and in turn more innovators and it fuels perpetual growth. Obviously population growth cannot be limitless as resources are finite.

Can innovation by way of new technologies, more efficient methods and better allocation of resources keep up with the expanding population? What about the impact on the environment? Is this something we need to address?

If education and the economic liberalisation of women as well as increased urbanisation reduces the size of families do we have the ability and resources to stay ahead of the curve or are we simply delaying a crash.

Countries like Nigeria as someone mentioned are a good example of some of the problems. Its economy has been growing fast but so has its population. Its got alot of corruption and extreme regional inequality. Its economy may now be the largest in Africa but at the same time the % of the population in poverty increased I read.

That poverty trap is absolutely terrifying when you look at the projections of how their population is expected to grow and may well be beyond the capability of them to solve. I doubt Nigeria will implement a one child policy. There are stampedes at immigration centres there where people are trampled to death. People are dying to get out and those people will be going somewhere.

Many govts dont want to reduce the population but through policy they can influence it. Some more authoritarian countries can take stronger measures like China did I suppose.

Maybe we will have to implement some sort of managed population growth. Less immigration, less welfare in some ways.

Id be in favour of a child license you need to pass a certain standard before you can have a kid in the UK. All females would have their tubes tied and get untied when they get licensed. No idea how that woud work though.

Childrens allowance and child tax credit would also be in the form of vouchers only redeemable on certain items. Food, childrens clothes, nappies, pushchairs. Not PS4s (I know a guy who spent his surestart maternity grant on a fucking playstation) nor does he or his partner work.

In the third world idk. Part of me says if we can help, we should. That ethically its not their childrens fault they are born into poverty and end up picking through trash to survive, then part of me just wants to build a big wall and let em fuck themselves into starvation.

Its not just a population problem I think. Its also a resource allocation problem. There are people living like kings and so much waste, while others starve. It's really just a quirk of fate to be born in a developed country but I kinda dont want to pay for all these people or want them to come here either.

We should probably look at targeting corruption, increasing education etc to reduce the vast wealth inequality and bring the numbers down before more extreme measures I suppose.

If we were at some sort of ecological tipping point where we were completely fucked then i guess drastic measures would have to be taken. They could make an infertility vaccine, unleash a plague or go Logans run and kill people at 30 but not with gay laser shows, we could use them to make soap or something.
Sterilizing people against their will is immoral to do. Just quit letting migrants into your country if you have too many people. Or move out to the country.

Abundance of land =/= abundance of resources. Not to mention, do you really want to replace all that land in between(which is mostly farmland anyway) with billboards, Starbucks, and crackheads?
We have dwindling resources because we have societal decay. We have people that do nothing and who have more problems than ever. IF the crackhead was out in the woods using survival skills, he would not be a crackhead anymore. He'd probably get clean.

I actually know a guy that was a heroine addict. He went out to a rehab complex out in the middle of nowhere. Grew food, split wood, raised animals and he got clean. The outdoors and work ethic is great medicine.

Sterilizing people against their will is immoral to do. Just quit letting migrants into your country if you have too many people. Or move out to the country.
They can't. That would ruin their SJW street cred with the other Euro nations who are bending over backwards to facilitate their own demise.

Not sterilization, contraception.

The communists in eastern Europe used to sterilize Roma women, I think the Nazis planned the mass sterilization of people the conquered as well. In my way you are not sterilized, you just cant reproduce until you are judged a member of society functional enough to have a kid. It wouldnt be super stringent, you would need an income to support it, a home to raise it in and not be a complete fuckup.

I thought about not tieing the tubes but then you have the question of what to do with the unlicensed babies. Abort them? Give them away? My way is better because there are no babies to abort or taken from their mothers!

Eventually we could just store peoples sperms and eggs. Sterilize everyone and grow pod babies when people wanted one!

In all seriousness a policy like that would not happen in a society with any decency. Its overly fascistic and it would not be acceptable to limit peoples reproductive rights to alleviate some of societies burdens. Maybe in N Korea.

It could also be used as a form of eugenics, you could use it to discriminate against certain groups having children. Having kids probably shouldnt be based on set of rules made up by policy makers, you are right.

I still think its kinda crazy though you need a license to drive a car, there are dog licenses in some places. Having a kid is likely the most important thing anyone will do, being a parent is the most important job anyone can have. Yet anyone can have one.

Maybe the answer isn't necessarilly less people but somehow better people.

Not sterilization, contraception.

The communists in eastern Europe used to sterilize Roma women, I think the Nazis planned the mass sterilization of people the conquered as well. In my way you are not sterilized, you just cant reproduce until you are judged a member of society functional enough to have a kid. It wouldnt be super stringent, you would need an income to support it, a home to raise it in and not be a complete fuckup.

I thought about not tieing the tubes but then you have the question of what to do with the unlicensed babies. Abort them? Give them away? My way is better because there are no babies to abort or taken from their mothers!

Eventually we could just store peoples sperms and eggs. Sterilize everyone and grow pod babies when people wanted one!

In all seriousness a policy like that would not happen in a society with any decency. Its overly fascistic and it would not be acceptable to limit peoples reproductive rights to alleviate some of societies burdens. Maybe in N Korea.

It could also be used as a form of eugenics, you could use it to discriminate against certain groups having children. Having kids probably shouldnt be based on set of rules made up by policy makers, you are right.

I still think its kinda crazy though you need a license to drive a car, there are dog licenses in some places. Having a kid is likely the most important thing anyone will do, being a parent is the most important job anyone can have. Yet anyone can have one.

Maybe the answer isn't necessarilly less people but somehow better people.
Yeah I'm not down with that.

There is no global overpopulation. Where overpopulation happens it is a local problem and would easily end if the West didn't artificially keep it exploding with their so-called aid. The problem ends in summary fashion once the West ceases to "help" and take in rapefugees.
Lol this is such a Christian post

Irresponsibility and overconsumption are larger problems... I would argue.

Kinda bizarre, but I'm watching this movie for the first time, as I saw the thread title for this topic.

The-Purge1.jpg

We might actually be able to have an intelligent conversation about this topic if people were able to distinguish between overpopulation and overcrowding

But it's so much easier to blend subjects when debating! That way you get to pick and choose completely unrelated variables to support your argument.

Setting boundaries to a conversation? No way!

Don't you hate pants?

Studies have shown that the more affluent and educated people are, the less children they have.

Bernie sanders, wants to provide free education and close the income gap.

Is it a devious plot to reduce the population and allow right turns on Times Square?? (Cause those are the same thing)

There is a sweet science to birthing we have not quite discovered yet called common sense. If we ever figure that out then we will be a normal populace with infinite capability. The human design is flawed that it did not inherently have a built in requirement of knowledge before any sperm or eggs collide it should only be capable of being produced if the proper intelligence matches the couple trying to create life. Unfortunately citizens our design is massively flawed thus we will have to bypass the herculean challenge and discipline ourselves somehow until stabilization is complete.

When I cover myself in tin-foil, and think about the Zika virus, I wonder if we aren't already here.

When I cover myself in tin-foil, and think about the Zika virus, I wonder if we aren't already here.

I'm sure GMO mosquito deployed GMO virus's have been researched in military labs all over the place.

Zika seems pretty weak though.

Theory of overpopulation ... Darker races should curb their population growth. Lighter races should start to populate more

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back