Stopping overpopulation

no fat chicks

Worlds greatest poster
@Silver
Reaction score
Should world governments incentivize the act of having less children? Provide tax breaks to those without kids, and give subsidies to people who get vasectomies or have their tubes tied?

Overpopulation is probably one of the biggest problems that is never talked about.

Should world governments incentivize the act of having less children? Provide tax breaks to those without kids, and give subsidies to people who get vasectomies or have their tubes tied?

Overpopulation is probably one of the biggest problems that is never talked about.

In the western world, the real problem is declining birth rates and increase in average age of population (i.e. more old people than young people to support them). There is a real debate if the government in the US should do something to incentivize having children or accept from other nations to offset the problem.

Will never happen, compassion has took over logic.

The u.s. will bankrupt itself and overpopulate areas to its demise.

Where I am from , outside of queens, ny. Within the last 20 years you can see the effects of overpopulation in the infastructure.

Driving is a mess, the suburbs are starting to look like the city. To make a right turn at an intersection, you will have to wait for the light to turn red and green 3 times before you even make it to the intersection.

Leaders have to make tough and sometime inhumane decisions to protect its citizens. .leading with compassion is dangerous, people think they are doing the right thing, when ultimately they are destroying a civilization

In the western world, the real problem is declining birth rates and increase in average age of population (i.e. more old people than young people to support them). There is a real debate if the government in the US should do something to incentivize having children or accept from other nations to offset the problem.

This is only a "real problem" because our economy is built on an ever increasing population. Nothing else about our society requires it, we are in no way, as an example, running out of people to do the jobs we need, and already are in a position where our population survives more and more on service jobs (a situation that is only going to become more pronounced with increased automation in even the near future).

Historically, birthrates decline as populations become better educated (and as women come closer to having equal legal rights to men). If someone wants to slow population growth, encouraging that is the best way.

Where I am from , outside of queens, ny. Within the last 20 years you can see the effects of overpopulation in the infastructure.

Driving is a mess, the suburbs are starting to look like the city. To make a right turn at an intersection, you will have to wait for the light to turn red and green 3 times before you even make it to the intersection.

Leaders have to make tough and sometime inhumane decisions to protect its citizens. .leading with compassion is dangerous, people think they are doing the right thing, when ultimately they are destroying a civilization

population growth in developed nations is fueled by immigration, typically from less developed nations with higher birth rates.

It would simply be a matter of limiting the influx to reduce population within the context of a developed nation.

In terms of limiting population growth in high birth rate areas that's a bit different but there are many ways to go about it.

giving people free stuff for having kids (TANF, food stamps, absurd tax breaks, etc..) certainly isn't going to help the situation....

It seems to me like 'societal good' or whatnot has almost completely erased personal responsibility and financial repercussions for stupid decisions.

Think about all the decisions or lack of planning that goes into having a kid, especially if the parent(s) are poor and clearly can't provide for the child/children. Let's see, my life no doubt sucks, i'm poor, have no future prospects, likely can't even support myself (which is insane really)....you know what will make my life easier? being responsible for another human being.

great call. Until that attitude is adjusted, we're going to have issues

It seems to me like 'societal good' or whatnot has almost completely erased personal responsibility and financial repercussions for stupid decisions.

And yet, the reality is that the countries that have the greatest social welfare systems have declining birthrates, whereas the countries with the least grow significantly faster.

It's pretty obvious no intrusion of reality is going to interrupt this thread, so I'm hoppin' on board! It's all the food stamps lettin' people have kids that get fed on the taxpayer's dollar! If only we could go back to the good ole' days of personal responsibility where population growth would obviously be much slower!

The fertility rate in the US is 1.9, slightly below replacement. The rate is much worse in other western countries. Moron translation: there's no overpopulation in our part of the world. What you're describing in your anecdote is urbanization.

I never said that was causing overpopulation, did I? I simply stated that having a class of people being permanently subsidized is never a good thing....

Also those w/ social welfare models have significantly higher tax rates than the US, and thus can afford to pay for all of that. That, and the most diverse country in europe is still 88% white, so ya, that certainly helps people get on that train of thought

Appreciate and respect Europe's normal breeding, and stop encouraging over breeding for short tem capitalist gain.

Appreciate and respect Europe's normal breeding, and stop encouraging over breeding for short tem capitalist gain.

Europe is already depopulating through active measures (largely ideology). If they wanted to, they could increase their rate to make a sustainable number of native workers using propaganda and other means.

Their leadership has a preference for replacement policies because they are under heavy pressure to diversify and regionalize the population.

My solution is that each person gets 1 kid(A couple gets 2), after that you have to pay for all Health care, and education out of pocket, if you can not, you pay a higher tax rate.

We then create a population trade tariff, where a country receives a tariff on goods if their population is growing. We need to create economic incentive to not keep growing the world's population.

Do they really need to? Just cut feminism loose in a country and once it catches on - BOOM! Negative birth rate. You'll have sexual harassment and rape epidemics, with strong, empowered women screwing anything with a pulse - and yet not babies. It'll be grand.

The fertility rate in the US is 1.9, slightly below replacement. The rate is much worse in other western countries. Moron translation: there's no overpopulation in our part of the world. What you're describing in your anecdote is urbanization.

There is so much land out there , overpopulation is not a problem, but urbanization is causing too many kids in classrooms, too many using infrastructure not ment to be use by those numbers.
Zoning is getting out of control , like I said , wait for.the light to change red and greed 3 times.
People are raping a system that should be used by a certain number, but today that number has exceeded it's mark, and the people paying tax and putting in the cookie jar are the minority compared to people putting back in

could always, you know, increase abortions? i mean, they are legal

edit: don't mean like forced, just perhaps don't make them so hard to get in the south, or perhaps make them cheaper. Abortions would be exponentially cheaper than years of mooching, just saying

Last edited:
Queens is more than half immigrants. And then long island gets all the white flight (and immigrants)

Immigration is driving the population growth in the us.

The world population growth will be driven by africa. Expected to grow to 5b people this century. Nigeria will be the next billion person country.

Another reason that europe cant just take and care for every poor person who shows up.

The growth of these metropolis areas in the US in the last few centuries really doesn't help the masses. Higher real estate prices, more traffic, less pay. Its just good for the 1% who hire servants.

My solution is that each person gets 1 kid(A couple gets 2), after that you have to pay for all Health care, and education out of pocket, if you can not, you pay a higher tax rate.

We then create a population trade tariff, where a country receives a tariff on goods if their population is growing. We need to create economic incentive to not keep growing the world's population.

Except we aren't talking about China here; we don't buy much crom thrse countries

countries-with-highest-birth-rates.jpg

Except we aren't talking about China here; we don't buy much crom thrse countries

countries-with-highest-birth-rates.jpg

True, but if you look at projected economic growth in those countries over the next 40 years, we will be.

Also, you could put tariffs on countries that don't adopt the same policy. Of course I am one that believes our trade hammer could be used to transform the world.

Isn't this kind of the nail in the coffin for mass immigration and multiculturalism?

We might actually be able to have an intelligent conversation about this topic if people were able to distinguish between overpopulation and overcrowding

Back