Stop with the tweets!

squeezewax

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I've managed to get used to the tweets being shown at the start of rounds, don't like them much though. Why is anyone interested in fighters stating the 'bleedin' obvious' in most of them? "Wow, these guys are really banging."
I suppose it's a way for fighters not on the card to get their name and twit account on telly, strokes their ego and they are probably convinced they've got something great to say?

The last couple of shows i've noticed tweets are not only at the beginning of a round, but quite often now 2 minutes into the round, 3 minutes, 4 minutes, and even with only around TWENTY SECONDS left!
Two fighters with only seconds to go start banging away yet the ufc decides to shove a fucking tweet on screen. It's difficult not to let your eyes wander down and read the thing even if you try not to, then miss a great kick or punch.
Stop advertising twit accounts of fighters while a fight is on!

Why do they do it? Because they CAN!

I watched the show the other week which was on the ABC. My god, those constant rolling ads at the bottom of the screen, what a joke!
Ad-breaks are bad enough, stop advertising while people are attempting to enjoy a fight.

It is so stupid. The first fight of the night, they were too busy talking about a tweet from the Reading Rainbow guy to talk about a knockdown.

"THERE SHE IS. PARIS HILTON TUNED IN TONIGHT WATCHING THE FIGHTS!"

That is why the raised the price of PPV's. Now you're getting more. But seriously, I hear ya.

Back