Stop saying "___ fight took years off his life"

When I hear " taking years off life"- I'm assuming the quality of ones life and certainly, cosmetically and head/body issues. I mean , really ? 4 inch gloves elbows and fists raining down on someone's head/face over a career. Yes, referee is there to prevent a freekn death but we've seen too many times where an intervention shouldve taken place a full minute or so before it actually happened.
We'll see an interview with Chuck 5-10 down the road. We'll see an interview with Diego 10-15 down the road( hes already talking the part). We'll see an interview with Gaejthe down the road (hes already wearing the wear and sounding the sound).

The kind of damage you get from a UFC fight does not take years off your life. Junior Dos Santos did not lose years of his life in the Cain Velasquez fights. Rory Macdonald and Robbie Lawler did not lose years of their life in their fights. It's idiotic to say these things. There are people who lose limbs in wars who go on to live in their 80's and 90's.

I don't know exactly how right or wrong you are but I don't know how losing a limb in a war is comparable to getting punched in the head 80-100 times in one night.

This forum is probably the only place i have seen people exaggerating so much in both sides of an argument...

This forum is probably the only place i have seen people exaggerating so much in both sides of an argument...

OK. Impart your wisdom then, sir.
If you're so sure that those of us who have said that the wear & tear of training & the ravages of a career in the ring have an adverse effect on the vast majority of fighters then, by all means, share how you've come to this conclusion.

Sugar fought jake lamotta. Jake didnt fall!
Ask jake,he'll tell ya.
"Yuh ah didnt fuuhhhllllll"

I actually seen jake in 2013 at boxing hall of fame.

he just sat in the sun w his mouth open,bein all 90 and shit.

OK. Impart your wisdom then, sir.
If you're so sure that those of us who have said that the wear & tear of training & the ravages of a career in the ring have an adverse effect on the vast majority of fighters then, by all means, share how you've come to this conclusion.
All i said was that people exaggerate in BOTH sides of the argument. Currently, i'm facing a training injury myself so of course i don't deny that there are dangers involved.

Back