Stop overlooking Conor hurting Poirier before the finish & questioning the finish

My absolute first reaction watching it live was "That s*** is fixed. He missed him for f***s sake."

After it replayed it from several angles on the PPV, you can see it hits him right on/behind the ear, which is fantastic placement for a punch. Makes sense the guy flopped out like that. Great KO.

That being said, I still don't like you mcgregor fans and am excited to see this guy get humbled. I like him, but screw you guys.

He's not talking about the final shot. About one minute in Mcgregor walks Dustin RIGHT in to a sweeing left. Very similar to how mayweather uses his right hook, you walk laterally and stop on a short step leading your opponent to step too far and be positioned perfectly for your strong hand and unable to see the shot cause they were moving laterally into it. It made poirier see ghosts he didnt know what happened and was back peddaling toward oblivion from then on. The rest was academic.

Is there anyone questioning that finish? If so, I haven't seen them do so.

I don't understand why you spend so much time and energy trying to convince people of the legitimacy of McGregor's skill. 99% of the people hating on him or dismissing him have seen his fights but don't still just don't like him. What's the point in writing these essays explaining like "heys guys the punch was really great, look closer, look closer!".

If you like the guy then sit back and enjoy his fighting which speaks for itself, rather than needing an essay to explain each punch in an attempt to persuade naysayers.

This one wasn't an 'essay'. I'd bet that many of these people claiming ridiculous shit hadn't seen the punch that dropped Poirier at that angle. All of the other GIFs of it I've seen make it appear that the shot was at the back of the head. Also, due to the rise of this being purported a lot recently...

My absolute first reaction watching it live was "That s*** is fixed. He missed him for f***s sake."

At least this poster rewatched it and realized it was a legit shot.

If you rabid Conor fans want to distinguish yourselves from the crazy Jones fans, the delusional Shogun and Penn fan bases, don't respond to troll threads with ridiculously detailed arguments. Don't end your statements with "Conor bless" and other things clearly meant to antagonize "non-believers".

Your not changing the minds of Conor haters, you're merely getting trolled and responding to their troll bait with impassioned, butthurt responses that they want.

Of course, that is the basis upon which sherdog operates, so..... keep doing what your doing, I guess.

Is there anyone questioning that finish? If so, I haven't seen them do so.

It's been claimed a lot. Today at least a couple times in different threads and recently some more. Here's a thread that got wastelanded for questioning the fight's legitimacy.

Connor Vs Dustin, Suspect?

The usual shit is...

"The shot was illegal!"

"Staged fight!" or "Fixed fight!" or "Dustin took a dive!"

etc.

If you rabid Conor fans want to distinguish yourselves from the crazy Jones fans, the delusional Shogun and Penn fan bases, don't respond to troll threads with ridiculously detailed arguments. Don't end your statements with "Conor bless" and other things clearly meant to antagonize "non-believers".

Your not changing the minds of Conor haters, you're merely getting trolled and responding to their troll bait with impassioned, butthurt responses that they want.

Of course, that is the basis upon which sherdog operates, so..... keep doing what your doing, I guess.

This isn't a response to trolling, not exclusively anyway. It's mostly a response to widespread ignorance and disregard for previous events in the fight before the finish occurred.

It was a legit punch but it was the same punch behind the ear which wobbled cain and gsp. So it was kinda lucky punch because we all know what happned in the rematch of cain vs jds 2,3 and gsp vs. serra 2 :icon_twis

It wasn't "lucky" at all. Conor was aiming there in the first place. Did you not read the OP? I stated that he had hit Dustin around the ear several times before that punch dropped him in the same spot (behind the ear). In fact, I even posted a picture showing an earlier punch to behind his ear. Here it is.

456232010.jpg

When you're already aiming there, it isn't lucky or flukish just because it was more effective than the previous punches to the same place were.

This isn't a response to trolling, not exclusively anyway. It's mostly a response to widespread ignorance and disregard for previous events in the fight before the finish occurred.

Dude, there's like 10 other responses saying basically the same thing as mine.

caninetotalbutterfly.gif

This is the only finish I question. Is it allowed for somebody to grab the cage like this when they're not defending a takedown, but using it for leverage to finish? Serious question.

love that mcgregor was shit talking dustin before the grazing shot landed hahahaha

Back