Stop overlooking Conor hurting Poirier before the finish & questioning the finish

Got GOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Here was the biggest shot landed, before the finish that is, which visibly hurt Poirier...

[YT]HKvmCulxvQ0?start=238&end=241[/YT]

456280534.jpg

As for the finish looking 'suspect', if Poirier and his team really thought it was an illegal blow then they would've filed an appeal with the commission and asked for a case review of it. They didn't. There's nothing suspect at all about getting hit by a heavy handed puncher right behind the ear and getting dropped from it. His fist used Dustin's head as a speed bump, literally, and it landed to a legal part of the head just behind the ear. McGregor had hit him there several times prior to him finishing with another left hand to around the same area. The second punch of the fight that McGregor threw hit Dustin around the ear. He then did this again shortly after, and then again shortly after that. Dustin was guarding his right side so McGregor kept hitting him there with his left hand but farther back since his chin itself and most of his jawline were often covered up.

456232010.jpg

Here's the finish. Note where the punch lands, to the far side of the head (thus, it was legal). It lands and then skips off his head like a rock skipping over water as it pushes his head downward and to the side:

Hq0XDsx.gif

Some of you have even said that his GnP wasn't that hard, or that many of the shots were also illegal (which is bullshit). So, here is Conor "clattering" Dustin's head off the canvas, as he said he'd do, with the final GnP punch:

nKZzztc.gif

So, stop calling McGregor's finishing punch flukish and/or illegal and stop pretending that Poirier was never hurt before he got knocked out. It's getting old and goes against all the facts. He'd been tagging Poirier around his right ear throughout the fight before dropping him with a punch that landed there. That isn't lucky/flukish, it was bound to happen if he kept connecting in that same spot and he did.

Look at that head clattering the canvas like he predicted,like a ball bouncing on the ground,

Nobody has ever done it to Dustin,single handedly ran him out of the division in 2 minutes.

anyone who thought that was a fluke is stupid. Why engage them? lol

Why would you even dignify those idiots with a response?

Why would you even dignify those idiots with a response?

Most of the finishing sequence GIFs have been from different angles that don't show it well. The one I posted here is from more of an aerial viewing angle that clearly shows the punch landing in a legal area.

First it was : Lol he didn't fight anyone ranked

Then after the fight w/ Poirier was booked : Lol he's gonna get subbed in 2 mns

Then after finishing Poirier : He never fought a wrestler, Poirier was taylor made for him / He took a dive

Personally I'm just disappointed in the fight. Usually both guys put out exciting performances, but Dustin really didn't have anything for Conor. One-sided beatdowns are not that exciting to me.

Not blaming Conor btw, I'm a fan of his, just saying that fight wasn't great.

First it was : Lol he didn't fight anyone ranked

Then after the fight w/ Poirier was booked : Lol he's gonna get subbed in 2 mns

Then after finishing Poirier : He never fought a wrestler, Poirier was taylor made for him / He took a dive

I've heard both of these as well, that he was tailor-made for him and that he took a dive. Along with the left hook that dropped him being illegal when it wasn't. If Poirier was going to take a dive then he would've lost by submission or would've faked being able to continue after a certain event triggered it. Instead, he got dropped and then knocked out brutally. Staged my ass.

Hey, if Conor's so confident and has tons of fans here saying he's the best don't know why you need to look for approval here.

It was a legal shot anyways.

I don't understand why you spend so much time and energy trying to convince people of the legitimacy of McGregor's skill. 99% of the people hating on him or dismissing him have seen his fights but don't still just don't like him. What's the point in writing these essays explaining like "heys guys the punch was really great, look closer, look closer!".

If you like the guy then sit back and enjoy his fighting which speaks for itself, rather than needing an essay to explain each punch in an attempt to persuade naysayers.

I don't understand why you spend so much time and energy trying to convince people of the legitimacy of McGregor's skill. 99% of the people hating on him or dismissing him have seen his fights but don't still just don't like him. What's the point in writing these essays explaining like "heys guys the punch was really great, look closer, look closer!".

If you like the guy then sit back and enjoy his fighting which speaks for itself, rather than needing an essay to explain each punch in an attempt to persuade naysayers.

This.

About 20 seconds before the finish Connor hits Dustin with a punch he doesn't recover from.

Conor is a legit top 5 FW and I'm not quite sure where his ceiling is.

The knockdown punch on DP was clearly legal even during the replays at the event. Not sure why this is disputed.

It was a legit punch but it was the same punch behind the ear which wobbled cain and gsp. So it was kinda lucky punch because we all know what happned in the rematch of cain vs jds 2,3 and gsp vs. serra 2 :icon_twis

It was a legit punch but it was the same punch behind the ear which wobbled cain and gsp. So it was kinda lucky punch because we all know what happned in the rematch of cain vs jds 2,3 and gsp vs. serra 2 :icon_twis

there is no such thing as a lucky punch,you throw it you mean it.

Is this thread really necessary? Anyone who claims that was a fluke is an idiot.

For people who are fans of this so called "Goat" you McGregor deepthroaters are pretty damn insecure.

Back